OtakuBoards

PSN Hacked

Nerdsy

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/

[color=deeppink]So somebody stole a bunch of vital information off of PSN. If you have a PS3, I imagine that this is something you'd like to be aware of.[/color]

Its not like Xbox live hasn't been hacked before Chee. The occasions were it has been hacked, only games have been stolen (but they were big names that should have had security like Halo Reach) or peoples gamer profiles being stolen.

That does suck but I gotta say I'm glad that I don't have a PSN or Live account. Heck, I can't even get online because I don't have an [strike]account[/strike].

Typo, I meant router. Edited by Magus

Pshhh!
I have not been effected by it yet. I was never gonna buy a ps3 anyways, and I took off my credit card info so even if you hacked in yourself you would get nothing from me. Edited by CaNz

[font="Tahoma"]So according to the Playstation blog, the service should be up sometime this week. To compensate the user base, every existing member of PSN is entitled to a free 30 day trial of Playstation Plus and those who already are a part of Playstation Plus get 30 days of free usage. Also, every region is to offer free downloadable content of some kind.

Now, maybe this is just damage control, but Sony took a very fierce approach to fixing the problem and compensating the millions of people affected by the outage. Shouldn't have happened in the first place, but now it sets the precedent for other companies to look at their online network security and possibly amend it/beef it up to prevent outages this long.[/font]