Nerdsy Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/ [color=deeppink]So somebody stole a bunch of vital information off of PSN. If you have a PS3, I imagine that this is something you'd like to be aware of.[/color]
CaNz Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 This makes me want to take my credit card information off of my Xbox Live account. I hadn't thought about people hacking into these gaming networks to steal personal information.
CaNz Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 Its not like Xbox live hasn't been hacked before Chee. The occasions were it has been hacked, only games have been stolen (but they were big names that should have had security like Halo Reach) or peoples gamer profiles being stolen.
Magus Posted April 29, 2011 Posted April 29, 2011 (edited) That does suck but I gotta say I'm glad that I don't have a PSN or Live account. Heck, I can't even get online because I don't have an [strike]account[/strike]. Typo, I meant router. Edited April 30, 2011 by Magus
CaNz Posted April 30, 2011 Posted April 30, 2011 STAY IN YOUR LITTLE GAMING HOLE MAGUS! [b] [/b][size="3"]q:[/size]
Magus Posted April 30, 2011 Posted April 30, 2011 Hah, now I feel the urge to just rub it in your face now. :D
CaNz Posted April 30, 2011 Posted April 30, 2011 (edited) Pshhh! I have not been effected by it yet. I was never gonna buy a ps3 anyways, and I took off my credit card info so even if you hacked in yourself you would get nothing from me. Edited April 30, 2011 by CaNz
PiroMunkie Posted April 30, 2011 Posted April 30, 2011 [color="#006400"]I've never felt better about the fact I didn't succumb to the allure of the PS3 and XBox. Don't hack my Wii bro.[/color]
Korey Posted May 1, 2011 Posted May 1, 2011 [font="Tahoma"]So according to the Playstation blog, the service should be up sometime this week. To compensate the user base, every existing member of PSN is entitled to a free 30 day trial of Playstation Plus and those who already are a part of Playstation Plus get 30 days of free usage. Also, every region is to offer free downloadable content of some kind. Now, maybe this is just damage control, but Sony took a very fierce approach to fixing the problem and compensating the millions of people affected by the outage. Shouldn't have happened in the first place, but now it sets the precedent for other companies to look at their online network security and possibly amend it/beef it up to prevent outages this long.[/font]
Nerdsy Posted May 3, 2011 Author Posted May 3, 2011 [url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2011/may/03/sony-data-breach-online-entertainment"]Well, huh.[/url]
Gavin Posted May 4, 2011 Posted May 4, 2011 [font="Tahoma"][size="2"]And now SOE has joined it apparently. It's been so long since I've used either I can't even remember my password.[/size][/font]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now