OtakuBoards

Spring 2012 Anime Schedule

SeDoc

And BOOM! The new season is upon us and as usual, the spring line-up is packed :happy:

I've yet to pick out what I'll be watching but how about all you guys?

There really is something for everyone this season, so have a look at the handy preview below and voice your thoughts!

[url="http://randomc.net/2012/03/29/spring-2012-preview/"]http://randomc.net/2...g-2012-preview/[/url]

[color=#0099ff]Nothing annoys me more than moe blobs and overly boobtastic series, so automatically 60% of the shows on that list get cut out. And with anther chunk being sequels to things I never saw, I'm left with a weird list of things that sound maybe interesting. I haven't been very active in watching anime the past few years, and whenever I have watched stuff, it's been one show per season. So let's see... [/color]

[color=#0099ff]Uchuu Kyoudai - Seems genuinely interesting, though looks like Planaetes, not that that's a problem. I'll give it a shake.[/color]

[color=#0099FF]Hiiro no Kakera - Reverse harems! And while most harem shows are terrible, I might just give in to this one as a guilty pleasure. [/color]

[color=#0099FF]Sakamichi no Apollon - Based on the fact that it's Shinichiro Watanabe and Yoko Kanno doing this, it might be worthwhile.[/color]

[color=#0099FF]Tsuritama - Okay, so, uh, my reason is flimsy; I think the promotional art looks really cool.[/color]

[color=#0099FF]Eureka Seven Astral Ocean - I watched E7 back in the day and enjoyed it then. Seems most people are hesitant but sequels are all the rage now, and there's no reason it [i]can't[/i] be pulled off well.[/color]

[color=#800000]A lot of those series makes me hesitant. I suppose I'll put them through the 'Dessy Filter'[/color]

[color=#800000]Though I will have to say. I am mildly interested in the Eureka Seven sequel. [/color]

• 3 weeks later...
I was just recently mulling over what to pick up now that I've got more time. Series that I might look into: Medaka Box, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (I've watched the 1st ep. so I'll see how this rounds out), Jormungand, and Hyouka (actually, I've been looking forward to this one, for some reason). I'll might add more as time goes on, but I'll keep my list of current shows fairly short.

[color=#4B0082]Like usual, I picked up a couple more shows than I first thought I would...

[b]Acchi Kocchi[/b]
Full of HHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGG and d'awwwwwwwww. I have to keep reminding myself that Tsumiki is not Konata from Lucky Star.

[b]Haiyore! Nyarlko-san[/b]
Crazy fun and chalk full of [url=http://i.imgur.com/eAUMw.jpg]weird and obscure references[/url]. Reminds me of To LOVE-Ru, which I watched not long ago, only less ecchi and more crazy.

[b]Yurumates 3D[/b]
Seems to be covering the same material as the first OAV. I was hoping for full length episodes, but the wacky hijinx are still funny. I kind of like the new character designs, too.

[b]Recorder to Randsell Re[/b]
Continuing from the first season. Small doses of cute and sweet as usual.

[b]Shining Hearts ~Shiawase no Pan~[/b]
Only watched one episode so far. Hoping for the best, but expectations aren't very high.

[b]Saki Achiga-hen episode of side-A[/b]
Feels rushed so far â?? especially ep3 â?? but I'm hoping it's just so they have more episodes to cover the national tournament. That was the best section of the first Saki series. WHY IS THERE NOT MORE [url=http://i.imgur.com/FSeHN.jpg]SAKURAKO!?[/url]

[b]Natsuiro Kiseki[/b]
I wish I could be watching Tamayura ~hitotose~ BDs instead of this.

[b]Kuromajo-san ga Tooru!![/b]
Disappointing. Not very cute or funny. I might drop it.[/color]

After watching the 2nd ep. of [i]Haiyore! Nyaruko-san[/i], I think I'll stick with it, as weird and obscure it may be! It makes me laugh, and that's all I really want from it.

I've also decided to add [i]Tsuritama[/i], but I've yet to watch the 1st ep.

I might also add [i]Sakamichi no Apollon[/i] to the list, regardless if I drop anything or not. (And I might drop the [i]Gakkatsu![/i], but considering how short the episodes are, I'm not really dropping much. I've sensed it's the best it'll be, and it's not quite enough.)

Last of all, based on the 1st episode alone, [i]Jormungand[/i] could be the series that really holds my attention, making me wish it gets licensed domestically - [i]right now![/i]

Might as well share what I'm watching!

[b]Eureka Seven: AO[/b]: Was highly skeptical at the start, but it's been good so far. Ao is a much more immediately sympathetic protagonist than Renton lol.

[b]Fate/zero[/b] 2nd season: In the middle of big action, so it's been much more fun than the first season thus far (which wasn't too shabby, but there's way too much pontificating). Latest episode was brutal, in a good way.

[b]Hyouka[/b]: Trying it out solely because of the KyoAni factor, but although the first episode is pretty, I found it quite dull. Will give it another episode or two.

[b]Lupin III: A Woman Called Mine Fujiko[/b]: Loving it so far. The style is damn cool, and the stories are a ton of fun. Probably my favorite show so far this season.

[b]Sakamichi no Apollon[/b]: The much-hyped return of Shinichiro Watanabe to directing. It's been solid so far, with the latest episode being excellent.

[b]Space Brothers[/b]: It's been good, but compared to a lot of anime this season it's sort of ordinary.

[b]Tsuritama[/b]: Another anime with a solid beginning punctuated with an excellent third episode. Still loving Kenji Nakamura's style, too.