OtakuBoards

I HATE the time limit in Majora's Mask...

Desbreko

[color=indigo]I'm really starting to loathe the time limit in Majora's Mask... Today I started playing it again, and I went to go do the Great Bay Temple. I get almost all the way through it... There's just a couple more rooms that I have to get through before I fight the boss... And the time runs out. I'm forced to warp back to Day 1 and have almost everything that I did start over.
So [I]now[/I] I have to get the boss key again, mess with the switches for the water again, and then everything that I didn't get to the first time.
Also, I have to restock with Fairies, Potions, Arrows and everything else, too!

I suppose that if I hadn't waited until 10:00 PM to enter the Temple, I would have had time... But I [I]had[/I] to get some Chateau Romani so I could have unlimited magic. That helped a [I]lot![/I] Almost the whole time I was in the Water as Zora-Link, I was using the electric shield with the R Button. Very helpful for dealing with all those annoying fish. :D

But anyway, I'd like to say it again:
I [I]HATE[/I] THE TIME LIMIT!!! IT SUCKS!!! IF NOT FOR THAT [I]STUPID[/I] TIME LIMIT, MAJORA'S MASK WOULD BE ONE OF MY FAVORITE ZELDA GAMES!!!!! BUT NOOOOOO, THEY [I]HAD[/I] TO SCREW IT UP!!! AS IT IS, IT'S MY SECOND TO LEAST FAVORITE ZELDA GAME!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!

Having read that, does anyone else hate the time limit as much as I do?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I'm really starting to loathe the time limit in Majora's Mask... [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey calm it over there.... by the way do you use the reversed song of time first so that time only goes 1/2 as fast... I always did that and it made it much easier...

i agree with deus, play the song of half time and the time limit ceases to be a problem :D i can beat snowhead for the first time, get the razor sword, get goron bomb qualified, win the goron races, and get the gilded sword all in one cycle :cool: and with plenty time to spare :smirk:

[color=indigo]Yes, I always play the reversed Song of Time, but I still think the cycles are too short. Even with two hours, (using the reversed Song of Time) that's really not a long time to complete a dungeon and then still be able to do the stuff after wards. Especially when most of what the dungeons are, are puzzles.
Think about it: There's this big dungeon full of confusing puzzles that can take quite a while to figure out. But you've got a time limit, so you've got to rush.
I just don't think that puzzles and time limits go together in an adventure/RPG game.

I think that if they were going to have a three day time limit, each day should have been at least an hour long. As it is, it's just not that enjoyable since I have to rush as fast as I can through the later dungeons, when I enjoy taking my time.

Me and time limits just don't go tegether. :mad:[/color]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i understand where you are coming from... BUT... dont you think that the time limit makes it a more challanging game... personally i like the idea it is so NEW like nintendo likes to be. I mean it is definatly something that i think is nice... maybe they will add them to RPGs soon... like a real time limit or so many IRL hours and the evil persons plan go threw ;) and have a cut scene of the evil person winning instead of just saying "game over" lol

errrrrrrr where was i... oh yes. But i think that the time limit and the puzzles make MM a much more interesting game and also gives you a gauge to measure when to talk to people![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by k9* [/i]
[B]i agree with deus [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey yeah... eveyone's agreeing with me these days :D :D :D :D :D !

Personally, I could never beat the dungeon in one time limit time... So what I did... was I figured out what to do... got all the Items like the Boss Key... Got the new weapon... THEN.. next time limit, youve still got all that stuff... except for the little keys.. an you can solve the puzzles better (cos you can GUARANTEE that you'll need to use the new weapon. In the case of MM it was always a new arrow)..

At first I hated it too. But that is why I always got down to buissness when I was aimming from something important. Like the Goron race :mad: , I beat that and went to have my sword upgraded and It was already the 3rd day so that I couldn't do it adn I lost my Gold Powder when I started over on the 3rd day.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

Hey yeah... eveyone's agreeing with me these days :D :D :D :D :D !

Personally, I could never beat the dungeon in one time limit time... So what I did... was I figured out what to do... got all the Items like the Boss Key... Got the new weapon... THEN.. next time limit, youve still got all that stuff... except for the little keys.. an you can solve the puzzles better (cos you can GUARANTEE that you'll need to use the new weapon. In the case of MM it was always a new arrow).. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]No, you don't get to keep the Boss Key. But other than that, you're right.
But anyway, yeah, I'm going to go back in and already have the Ice Arrow, so I won't have to deal with some of the stuff. I know I'll be able to do it the second time, it just annoyes me that there has to BE a second time.

I suppose I really should be used to going in and out of the same dungeon, by now. I played through the original Legend of Zelda just before Christmas, and I had to go in and out of several of the later dungeons in the 2nd Quest, especially Death Mountain. I must have came out of that dungeon 15 times! 2-3 from getting my shield eaten by a Like Like, around 10 to keep from dying or to get more medecine, 1 from stumbling on Ganon without the Silver Arrow, (I had to reset, since you can't beat him without the Silver Arrow) and 1-4 from having to turn off the game.

Anyway, I think I'm ready to go back in and womp on the boss, now. :flaming:
Once I get the Boss's Remains, I'll be able to warp directly to it, and I won't have to go through the dungeon. That'll be nice if I don't have time to do everything after the fog disapears.

I think that the worst part of the time limit, is that you lose all of your items, like Bombs and Rupees and that sort of thing, when you warp back to Day 1. It's really annoying to have to go collect or buy more items every cycle.
At least there's a bank so that you can stockpile a ton of Rupees! I've got around 5000, which is the max you can put in. :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]No, you don't get to keep the Boss Key. But other than that, you're right.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

What can I say? Oops. Sorry bout that. It's been so long since I played it, I can't remember what u can keep, an I thought the boss key was one o the things you could keep

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I don't really mind it, although it gets on my nerves sometimes that you have to keep warping back.

So, for me it's not the time limit- it's the warping back :mad:[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]That's what I mean, having to warp back because the time runs out. And having to loose all your items, and all the other annoying things that happen when you do. Especially, like I said before, if you're in a dungeon when you have to warp back.

And I forgot which dungeon items you loose, too. After I warped back to the first day, I went back to the dungeon just to see what I was able to keep. You lose everything except the Dungeon Map, the Compass and the item that you got in the dungeon. Other than that, it's like you've never even been in the dungeon before. :mad:[/color]

Heres a thought. A good reason for not necessarily the time limit but the whole 'first day, second day, final day' thing. It's great to see a game that works on a true real-time basis, where people say and do different things not just at different points as you progress through the game, but also depending on the particular day, and time of day that you talk to them. I think that one thing Final Fantasy games lack at time is the fact that there is no time limit at all, even when you have to chase someone. For example, in FF9 during the attack on Cleyra, you chase Beatrix outside the cathedral, and there's a moogle inside.. you can talk to the moogle, use a tent for the night, and then resume the chase.. That's just plain stupid.. but not to the point that I was really put off the FF series.. Anyway. That's why i think, real time sequential days = good.

[color=indigo]Yeah, I like how events vary from day to day. I think that the next Zelda game for the GCN should have something like that with a seven-day week. Events could vary from day to day. Of course, it'd get old if the same thing happened on the same day, week after week. They'd have to make it so that the days are mixed up, for what will happen that day.
I think that'd be really cool.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]bah, the time limit was always one of my main quarrels with the game, my other quarrel is the crappy save system.... [/B][/QUOTE]

OOOOhh yes, that's what I was trying to remember. I hated the save system, nearly as much as that time limit.....

But I s'pose, with all these, that's what makes the game challenging..... erm..... :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]

OOOOhh yes, that's what I was trying to remember. I hated the save system, nearly as much as that time limit.....

But I s'pose, with all these, that's what makes the game challenging..... erm..... :D [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yeah... I guess they had to find [I]some[/I] way to make it more difficult... The two N64 Zelda games are pretty easy compared to the first three... Link's Awakening isn't exactly easy either... (Especially the end boss, if you don't know how to avoid those :angry2: arms!!!)...[/color]