OtakuBoards

Who Zelda is?

Zero-Sama

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero-Sama [/i]
[B]Until i played the Adventures of link i thought that the main charecter you played as was named Zelda.Did anyone else think this? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Sorry, this topic is a bit old, but the first time I read it I didn't get a chance to reply.

I also thought that Link was named Zelda. But that's because I played Link's Awakening when I was like 9 or 10...I was so young and naive :)

I don't know when I figured it out that this little elf was named Link. It took a few years I think...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Thing on the cover of OOT? Do you mean the box? If so, the box in Australia must be different than the one in the US, because the only thing on the US box is the logo.

Box Picture:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's the same box that we have aswell. But that isn't the box I mean..... It must be another box? :)

I thought that Zelda was the name of the main character as well. But when I played the game, I was thinking 'wait, the main char is a guy'. I didn't even know that they gave the main char a name cause you can customise the name, right? I found out that Link was the main char after visiting a lot of cheat sites about OOT. lol :) As for the thing that is being described on the front of the box, I have no clue. Wears a mask and looks like a robot? It's the robot bit I'm stuck on.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i have a question... who is this link yall are talking about... i mean zelda gets that sword and saves everything all the time...

oh your say that is link... well crap *cries* im stupid[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=indigo]No, the Skull Kids in Ocarina of Time don't wear masks, but it sounds like it might be a Skull Kid. Btw, some Skull Kids are enemies. When you're old, go into the Lost Woods and go to the left. The Skull Kid that gave you a Heart Piece when you played Saria's Song, will jump off the tree stump and attack you. (Once you've given the Odd Potion to the Kokiri, and she's gone).

Hmmm... I'm stumped... I can't think of anything from Ocarina of Time that fits that description..... Unless...
Is this it?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]
well crap *cries* im stupid[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

what else is new? :smirk:

I always knew link was called link, I had never mistaken him for zelda, probably because I read the back of the box where it talks about link and zelda before I played the game....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

what else is new? :smirk:

I always knew link was called link, I had never mistaken him for zelda, probably because I read the back of the box where it talks about link and zelda before I played the game.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]I would of done that when I was little, when I was just watching my brothers play, but I couldn't read. :whoops:

A funny thing about video games... They actually helped me to learn to read and spell... Especially watching my brothers play Final Fantasy II and III. Lots of text in those games.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]I would of done that when I was little, when I was just watching my brothers play, but I couldn't read. :whoops:

A funny thing about video games... They actually helped me to learn to read and spell... Especially watching my brothers play Final Fantasy II and III. Lots of text in those games.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy III is how i learned,Watching Grandma Play.......Ahh,Good times....They don't make Games like they used too.....That game was better then Final Fantasy X,VII and all others together.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Yeah, his that Phantom Ganon guy..... That's who I thought was Link..... :D [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Ah... Okay, but it's not wearing a mask. That's just it's face... When it's wearing a mask (before the fight begins) it's a mask that looks like Ganondorf's face.

A funny thing about Phantom Ganon... Phantom Ganon was created [I]before[/I] Ganondorf turned into Ganon... So, shouldn't it be called Phantom Ganon[I]dorf[/I]?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maverick [/i]
[B]wait the game should be called the legends of link. not legends of zelda. couse she don't do nothing [/B][/QUOTE]

I think that's true. At least, for the N64 games. Zelda's just...kinda there. She really never even comes in contact with you in Majora's Mask, yet it's still called Legend of Zelda.....

Oh yeah, I thought that Link was Zelda for a long time, at least, until I played the game.

[color=indigo]The reason it's called The Legend of Zelda and not the legend of Link, is because it's the [I]Zelda[/I] series.
And it's the Zelda series because in the first one, Zelda was really a lot more important than in the others. Link was just some person that Impa found to try and rescue Zelda. (There wasn't much storyline for the first Zelda. Keyword [I]wasn't[/I]. There's a lot more now, about all of the games).
So, they called each one after it [i]The Legend of Zelda[/i] (besides Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, but that still has Zelda in the name).[/color]