OtakuBoards

OOT Great Fairies.

Desbreko

Which Great Fairy do you like better?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which Great Fairy do you like better?

• The one that could have been... (the right one)
    • The one that is. (the left one)

[color=indigo]I've found another thing that really annoyes me. This time, it's from Ocarina of Time.

A couple of days ago, I downloaded a preview trailer for Zelda: Ocarina of Time (it was made before the game came out in the US). And while I was watching it, I noticed this (the picture on the right, in the attachment). Is it just me, or do the rest of you think that the one from the preview looks a [I]LOT[/I] better than those [I]ugly[/I] ones that appear in the game (left picture).
Personally, I think that the Great Fairies are one of the worst parts of the game. I mean, they're just so [I]UGLY!!![/I] What were the artists smoking when they drew them!?!!

Anyway, what do you think?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I've found another thing that really annoyes me. This time, it's from Ocarina of Time.

A couple of days ago, I downloaded a preview trailer for Zelda: Ocarina of Time (it was made before the game came out in the US). And while I was watching it, I noticed this (the picture on the right, in the attachment). Is it just me, or do the rest of you think that the one from the preview looks a [I]LOT[/I] better than those [I]ugly[/I] ones that appear in the game (left picture).
Personally, I think that the Great Fairies are one of the worst parts of the game. I mean, they're just so [I]UGLY!!![/I] What were the artists smoking when they drew them!?!!

Anyway, what do you think?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I think you worry too much.:rolleyes:

I never really thought they were too ugly. OK.. I'll agree that the other one you saw [i]would[/i] be better, but I just don't think the appearance of the great faeries was a significant setback in OoT.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]didnt the GFs in MM look like that too? cause well they look a lot like what i remember and i dont think there was much of OOT i saw... but yes i thought they were slightly not as pretty as say jenna or queen asuka... but if you think about it... it showed that even a video game world isnt perfect in looks ;) and doesnt make you feel as bad... at least your prettier than THEM ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

I think you worry too much.:rolleyes:

I never really thought they were too ugly. OK.. I'll agree that the other one you saw [i]would[/i] be better, but I just don't think the appearance of the great faeries was a significant setback in OoT. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]I'm not worrying, it's just that I've never like the look of the Great Fairies... And then I find out that they could have looked much better...
And yes, I know that it wasn't a significant setback. There really weren't any, I think.

And yes, the Great Fairies look the same in Majora's Mask. They re-used a lot of the graphics from Ocarina of Time, in Majora's Mask. That's one of the reasons why it didn't take [I]nearly[/I] as long to make.[/color]

[color=deeppink]I felt violated by those faeries :nervous:

Heh...nah...not really. Though they [i]were[/i] extremely ugly...and that [b]laugh[/b] made me want to [b]throw[/b] something at the TV...ick...THE ugliest and most annoying women...[b]ever[/b]!'

[i]Can you taste the dislike?[/i] ;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Babygirl's right... they were disgracefully ugly, and... they had [b][i]pointy[/i][/b] breasts! POINTY! EWW!

:p[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah.......Well,It's true i guess......But i like the others......They could have called them Great Angels or something.Angel Fairies mabey.

I have to agree with jcgoudy. The Great Fairies weren't major characters in the game, but, I thought that they just kind of were a setback to the game because they were SO ugly!! lol Um, yeah... K. If I had to choose between both of the pics, I would have to chose the one to the right. lol :D

The one on the left looks like a drag queen. It's nice that they made her without wings, breaking some of the 'fairy' stereotype or whatever, but her uglyness cancels it out. The one on the right is alright I guess. In the Battle of Olympus for NES the fairies looked really nice although it was...what was it, 2d?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]The one on the left looks like a drag queen[/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yes, Exactly! I always felt the Fairies in the 64 Zelda games looked a little too... *thinking of a word I don't think I am allowed to post*[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by k9* [/i]
[B]but at least the fat fairie was only that way becuz of ganondorf :rolleyes: and his magic [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yes, the fat one has an excuse for being ugly, but the ones it OOT don't! The Dark World only came about after Link pulled the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time, and Ganondorf stole the Triforce of Power. And even then, none of the Great Fairies (at least none of them that are in OOT) were in the Dark World...

Maybe if the Great Fairies in OOT are the same ones that are in LTP, (A [u]L[/u]ink [u]T[/u]o the [u]P[/u]ast) they could've gotten better looking with age... Maybe Fairies go through different stages, and get better looking in each new stage..........

.....Probobly not, though.....[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[B]
[color=indigo]Maybe if the Great Fairies in OOT are the same ones that are in LTP, (A [u]L[/u]ink [u]T[/u]o the [u]P[/u]ast) they could've gotten better looking with age... Maybe Fairies go through different stages, and get better looking in each new stage..........

.....Probobly not, though.....[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I wouldn't have called that getting better.

.....?? it does?

......oh I see... you mean in order of the plot, as in ocarina in time is kind of a prequel to link to the past... I see now.

though I think that the 'getting better looking as they age' isn't quite right. I just think it's a 3D faerie gone wrong. I don't think they planned it that way

[color=indigo]Yeah, I suppose they couldn't have planned that... I guess I got a bit carried away. :cross:

Here's how I order the Zelda games, in terms of what came first:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Majora's Mask
3. A Link to the Past
4. Link's Awakening
5. The Legend of Zelda
6. Oracle of Ages/Seasons
7. The Adventure of Link

Not everyone agrees with me on this, though, like [url]www.zelda.com[/url].[/color]

I figure that they made the faeries for the game so as not to confuse gamers. if your in a world filled to the brim with faeries and an angel turns up to grant you something it would probably freak some out. i also think the angel idea was ditched because there was probably a controversy on religion. they made one mistake though. even if there is no angel in he faerie fountains there is an angel statue above the threshold when you exit the faerie fountain room, check it out in Oot, i never thought to look in MM though.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angelus_Necare [/i]
[B]I figure that they made the faeries for the game so as not to confuse gamers. if your in a world filled to the brim with faeries and an angel turns up to grant you something it would probably freak some out. i also think the angel idea was ditched because there was probably a controversy on religion. they made one mistake though. even if there is no angel in he faerie fountains there is an angel statue above the threshold when you exit the faerie fountain room, check it out in Oot, i never thought to look in MM though. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Angels? When did Angels come into this? The picture I posted (the one on the right) is a Great Fairy, not an Angel. That's just what they looked like during some point in the development of the game. If you look at the second picture I posted in this thread, you'll see a picture of a Great Faerie from A Link to the Past (it's spelled "Faerie" in A Link to the Past, and "Fairy" in Ocarina of Time). The first Zelda game that had Great Fairies was A Link to the Past, so they started out looking that way, and I think they should have stayed that way.[/color]

[B]
[color=indigo]Angels? When did Angels come into this? The picture I posted (the one on the right) is a Great Fairy, not an Angel. That's just what they looked like during some point in the development of the game. If you look at the second picture I posted in this thread, you'll see a picture of a Great Faerie from A Link to the Past (it's spelled "Faerie" in A Link to the Past, and "Fairy" in Ocarina of Time). The first Zelda game that had Great Fairies was A Link to the Past, so they started out looking that way, and I think they should have stayed that way.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
well.....I spell faerie the way I spell faerie. Down with the political corections!:laugh: :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angelus_Necare [/i]
[B]
well.....I spell faerie the way I spell faerie. Down with the political corections!:laugh: :D [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]You misspelled "corrections" Lol... :D

I prefer to spell it "fairy" but when I'm talking about A Link to the Past, I'll still spell it "faerie". Like on my website that I'm making, I had forgotten to spell it "faerie" on the A Link to the Past section, so I had to go back through and change it for every time I used it...[/color]