Guest C_Murdah Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 What's a good punk rock band? And i want a true fan to answer this question!
Spikey Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 [SIZE=1]I could name a lot, Kid Rok's band, Linkin Park I think, and that is just all I am going to tell you.[/SIZE]
Guest Voodookanaka Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i] [B][SIZE=1]I could name a lot, Kid Rok's band, Linkin Park I think, and that is just all I am going to tell you.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] and with neither of them being true punk rock u know.
Phantasy Freak Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 I like GoldFinger!They're really cool.I love the song "99 Red Balloons":D
Guest Matt Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 Blink 182 and New Found Glory are the Gods of Punk Rock.
Spikey Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i] [B] and with neither of them being true punk rock u know. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Well I allways thought he was. I remember him always being punk rock, oh well.[/SIZE]
Guest Matt Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 get the Blink 182 songs "Adam's Song", "The Rock Show", "Stay Together for the Kids", and "What's My Age Again?". those songs rock.
Queen Asuka Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 [color=crimson]I hate Blink 182...but I like Mest, thanks to Anna and Piro. And I also like Sum 41 and the Offspring, even though they're more of the popular bands. I think I just like Deryck and Dexter! :D[/color]
Spikey Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i] [B]get the Blink 182 songs "Adam's Song", "The Rock Show", "Stay Together for the Kids", and "What's My Age Again?". those songs rock. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Well some of Blink 182's songs are not consiterd punk rock, is what I heard. But that is just what I heard, off of MTV News, a long time ago. [/SIZE] [SIZE=1]They are kinda cool, but there not my favorite.[/SIZE]
Lady Macaiodh Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 erm, blink 182 are wannabes. the best punk band of all time is the sex pistols. hands down. they made punk. the misfits, too. i am also wearing a dead kennedys t-shirt right now. i'm punk all the way.
Spikey Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i] [B][color=crimson]I hate Blink 182...but I like Mest, thanks to Anna and Piro. And I also like Sum 41 and the Offspring, even though they're more of the popular bands. I think I just like Deryck and Dexter! :D[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Huh I always just thought they were just real heavey meatal. Huh.[/SIZE]
Navi Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 Dear Members of the eMpTyV 'genre' of 'punk', Music is 100 times better from the underground. Bands such as Operation Ivy (two of the members are now in Rancid I think), Hi Standard (Japanese for you jfans), and Propagandhi are good. Love, Navi P.S. Whoops I forgot to list some songs. Operation Ivy - Knowledge Hi Standard - Teenagers are all assholes Propagandhi - Who will help me bake this bread P.p.s. Note that the judgement of one song does not equal a band's overall quality. [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i] [B]i am also wearing a dead kennedys t-shirt right now. i'm punk all the way. [/B][/QUOTE] Jello Biafra rocks my socks. Mine is in the wash. =P
Lady Macaiodh Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i] [B]Operation Ivy [/b] [/quote] i have seen op ivy live a few times. also, inquisition is excellent. they have a huge cult following here in richmond. also, ACTION PATROL, the greatest underground punk band of all time!!!! "and so i'm feeling worthless again."
Wacky fun man Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 Rancid,Against all Authority,Bad Religion they all rock
Break Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 [SIZE=1]I like Sum 41 and Offspring, I don't really know of any others, but those two rock! :p[/SIZE]
Guest Voodookanaka Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 very quick list Millencolin, MxPx, NoFx, Agnostic front, Ten foot pole, Sex Pistols, Rancid, Voodoo skulls, Bad Religion, AFI, No use for a name, A, Less than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Greenday, Offspring, Swingin utters ...got bored of typing
Anna Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 MxPx, old Offspring, Operation Ivy, (all of what Voodoo listed), redletterday, 8th Wave, Mest, Finch, **New Found Glory**, Hangnail, The Youth Ahead, The Ataris, etc etc etc...........
Queen Asuka Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 [color=crimson]Aren't the RAMONES a punk band? Or am I just stupid???? Anywho.. Anna, I am laughing so hard up here in your bedroom while you're down stairs on Otaku at the same time as me. And you have 606 posts and I have like 505. It's hilarious. But I have all the good music up here! :D :rotflmao:[/color]
Transtic Nerve Posted January 27, 2002 Posted January 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i] [B][color=crimson]Aren't the RAMONES a punk band? Or am I just stupid???? Anywho.. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Yes they are... Anyway, The Mr. T Experience is good... I'm not a fan of Punk.
Queen Asuka Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 [color=crimson]HA! I knew they were and we were just singing them last night! I like the Ramones, they're awesome. Except when I think of them, I'm reminded of Michael Franciso because he always had on the Ramones shirt...and then I always think of Daniel Washburn for RATM, but they're not punk *laughs*.[/color]
PiroMunkie Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 [SIZE=1]Ahh, fun topic :p, cept for the people listing the "wannabe" punk bands.. All, Guttermouth, AFI, the Misfits, Dropkick Murphy's, Millencolin, NoFX, the Vandals, the Offspring (older stuff), the Ramones, Sex Pistols, the Cramps, Rancid, Osker, Dwarves, Agnostic Front, H2O, Straight Faced, the Hives, MxPx, Bad Religion.. gah, can't think.. I could go on and on really...[/SIZE]
Heaven's Cloud Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 [color=indigo]I have a love hate relationship with punk music in general but here are a couple of my favorite Punk Bands Social Distortion Pennywise, how did no one mention them yet?? The Sex Pistols NoFx "Old" Suicide Machine The Ramones Dropkick Murphys[/color]
Guest Matt Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 i don't care what u people say. Blink 182, New Found Glory, and Sum 41 own everyother band in everyother genre. they rock all.
Queen Asuka Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 [color=crimson]Twenty-Twenty-Twenty-Four hours ago... I wanna be sedated... Nothing to do no where to go-o I wanna be sedated... Yeah I love that song. And I like SUM41!!!!!!!! But only one song, which is FAT LIP, because it's sort of original, the rest of their stuff sounds old and sounds the same. And I like them because Deryck is a hottie, and I'm naming one of kids after him... Watch me end up with all girls since I have ALL these guy names I want to give my kids...*laughs*[/color]
KyJaUn~FuLlEr Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 [color=green][size=4][b]I think that sum41 r one and The offspring there kool...OH and um since i heard yal...well saw yall writing bout blink-182 i just want to say they r a pop rock band ok.[/b][/size][/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now