OtakuBoards

FF gone wrong...

(<AA>)

[COLOR=red]Man...I think Square is going over board with the computer graphics thing...Don't you think the old Anime FMVs were much cooler?Well maybe they should realease 1 game in anime,and one computer graphics...Anime goes much better with RPGs,but thats just my opinion...[/COLOR]

well graphics do bring fun to a game, but they kinda get annoying. they don't make it look really real, though. that is the part i hate though. so i think you could be mistakin' and you could be right. that was an opionon, though.:babble:

[COLOR=deeppink]I'm surprised no one has said this is the wrong forum for FF.

I get a game for the GAME, not graphic's. FMV's get really annoying after the first time you see them. Some of the best games I've ever played are for Super Nintendo, NES, and Genesis. My favorite N64 game is Paper AMrio, and we all know how bad those graphics are.

You all say if it looks good, you'll buy it? What if the entire point of the game is to press a button to roll a ball? You'd choose that over... say... the original Legend of Zelda? My my...

If you want good graphics, go watch the Matrix. [/COLOR]

I can see where you're coming from with this point. Japanese Anime cutscenes are a wonderful form of art. When people draw something, they are literally pouring forth effort from their heart and through their fingertips to create a vision. Some may feel that these cutscenes emit a certain warmness, or friendliness that makes CG cinematics seem cold.

However, seeing things in this way is like looking through a vacuum. I feel that when companies such as Square, Namco or Capcom are behind the product, the CG cinematics are just as beautiful as anime and truly capture the emotion of the characters.

In any case, I believe that Square's CG is as much a work of art as Japanese Anime. In anycase, it's the actual gameplay that matters. The cinematics are just there to move the storyline forward.

In a bit of news that might please you, FFX mostly uses a slightly enhanced version of it's in game engine to move the storyline forward instead of relying on CG for the most part.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]people put way too much emphasis on to graphics, I prefer gameplay over graphics anyday.... [/B][/QUOTE]
EEK! Seph, what happened to your avatar.... seph? you're not seph!!! it's a fake! j/k.

I agree, though. I prefer good gameplay to graphcs anyday. Every time I play Metal Gear Solid now, I have to skip the FMVs cos they get irritating after the 1st time round. Great game though.

as it has been previously said above me...i rather much have gameplay over the graphics!

the graphics are nice....but you get over them...

if people focused more on the graphics and less on the game itself...it treally wouldn't be a game then...

:wave:

Some of the greatest games have been successful with out CGI animation and CG technology and that. SG made a good point.
I dont know how I'm gonna feel with Final Fantasy 10, the graphics, the voiceovers. I dont know.
Some graphics take out the effort put into games, for example reduction of gameplay. And as Sephiroth stated, gameplay is the most important factor of a great game. Which is very true.

A game is nothing without good gameplay, but it kinda does help to have cool graphics.

Gameplay is more important though. Graphics come after.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]A game is nothing without good gameplay, but it kinda does help to have cool graphics.

Gameplay is more important though. Graphics come after. [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah...[B]RIGHT[/B] after...

• 3 weeks later...
in my opinion, (though im sure no one want's to hear it) both are equally important because why bother playing a really crappy animated game, you can't exactly pick a favorite character because you can't see their face, but, on the other hand, if they focus too much on graphics, the game itself might suck......

-_-'''' sorry to bore you with my opinion:rolleyes:

Guest Imsirion
to me...
graphics hounds=ewww (please stay away from me)
theres a lot of people like that at my school. they would NEVER touch a snes but there like "PS2, oh yeah, this football game in awesome"
my friend and i make fun of people like that who always want graphics. We like to say this around those people...

Robby: Hey, want to come to my house and play super mario rpg?
ME: NO! Those graphics suck. IM going home to play my x box!

then we walk away laughing our heads off:)