Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[B]Otakuboards has reached 2000 members as of early this morning! Think about it, 2000 people in an online community is a hell of a lot. The 2000th member is SSJ3_Vegetocks...... [/B]
Posted
haha yea you got the no lives right. I'm meant to be going to the cinema later today, but I really don't know if I can be bothered..and if I don't go I'm prob just gona go back to sleep or stay on the net heh :o
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]Otakuboards has reached 2000 members as of early this morning! Think about it, 2000 people in an online community is a hell of a lot. The 2000th member is SSJ3_Vegetocks...... [/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

I know that it's a bit of a downer, but...

Are you sure? On my display it says 1980 members...

Anybody else?
Posted
[B]Yeah only a few people stay and actually post here, which is quite sad. In answer to the other questions, if you look at the top of the main otakuboards page, it says "welcome to our newest member:......" If you just highlight the link and look at the bottom of your browser it says at the end of the url: userid=2000 (or whatever number member the new member is....[/B]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]Yeah only a few people stay and actually post here, which is quite sad. In answer to the other questions, if you look at the top of the main otakuboards page, it says "welcome to our newest member:......" If you just highlight the link and look at the bottom of your browser it says at the end of the url: userid=2000 (or whatever number member the new member is....[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Are members that have been banned, counted in the number on the home page? If they're not, maybe that's why it only says 1,982...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]Yeah only a few people stay and actually post here, which is quite sad. In answer to the other questions, if you look at the top of the main otakuboards page, it says "welcome to our newest member:......" If you just highlight the link and look at the bottom of your browser it says at the end of the url: userid=2000 (or whatever number member the new member is....[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah that is right. So even though we have 2000 members doesn't mean there are going to be 2000 members posting. Maybe half that and possibly yet sadly less then that.
Guest I_Like_mokeys
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]Are members that have been banned, counted in the number on the home page? If they're not, maybe that's why it only says 1,982...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

maybe your right...i myself have been banned 6 times...in 3 days...im so proud!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by I_Like_mokeys [/i]
[B]

maybe your right...i myself have been banned 6 times...in 3 days...im so proud! [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]And you just don't know when to quit Gendo... [/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by I_Like_mokeys [/i]
[B]

maybe your right...i myself have been banned 6 times...in 3 days...im so proud! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, and you only have 1 post. You don't know how much I hate people like you lol!:D
Posted
[color=indigo] Well you have to think that there are maybe only 150 peole that post regularly, then another 200 that post once in awhile...I haven't been here for that long but I think it would be interesting t see how many people signed up and only posted a few times. But I agree the boards seem like a small town, where there are people who visit just once, neighbors that come and go, and people that you talk with on a daily basis...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]Otakuboards has reached 2000 members as of early this morning! Think about it, 2000 people in an online community is a hell of a lot. The 2000th member is SSJ3_Vegetocks...... [/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

What did you say???? SSJ3 VEGETOCKS????!? That guy is BAD! He registered on Herman's site too, he just makes threads that say 'this place is so cool', and posts 'I don't like Final Fantasy' in the FF forum....

so anyway.... BEWARE!!!!!!

anyway...
yeah, 2000 is a helluva lot, but how many of the 200 [i]actually post???[/i]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

What did you say???? SSJ3 VEGETOCKS????!? That guy is BAD! He registered on Herman's site too, he just makes threads that say 'this place is so cool', and posts 'I don't like Final Fantasy' in the FF forum....

so anyway.... BEWARE!!!!!!

anyway...
yeah, 2000 is a helluva lot, but how many of the 200 [i]actually post???[/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

200...
sounds about right...
No, but some people just can't be bothered to waste their lives away (Supposedly)
Posted
Thats a lot of peeps... and I thought you had to have 1000 post to be a No Life. :confused: Or at least you used to have to have 1000 post.

I'm done now.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Renee [/i]
[B]Thats a lot of peeps... and I thought you had to have 1000 post to be a No Life. :confused: Or at least you used to have to have 1000 post.

I'm done now. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nah, you just need to spend a long time on the Boards to have no life (Like 2 hours). Luckily, I'm only on for half an hour.

It actually depends if you have a social life, not how many posts you have...
Posted
[B]I just looked through some of the member lists. Every now and then there are people with quite a few posts, or just a few. But there are loads who don't post at all. They have just registered and not used the account.....[/B]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B]But out of that 2000 only a handful actually stay and post. (sorry if I sound like a downer. I'm just not in a good mood) [/B][/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, especially considering we have about 5 pages with members who have 0 posts....
Posted
Think of it this way: About 2000 people wanted to come to this site. 2000 people. It doesn't matter if they've posted or not. When they registered, they had intentions of posting, of being actual members. theOtaku Boards have drawn in around 2000 people, from all over the world. That's kinda cool to think about.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...