OtakuBoards

Braces...Ouch.....I hate these damn things!

Guest BulmaVegeta1

Guest BulmaVegeta1
C'mon, you have to agree with me. Braces suck! It's so misrable and I can't eat without having to dig my tongue into those metal brackets. Is there anyone else out there with this **** in their mouths? Or am I in the "Twilight Zone?" Uhh, never mind that comment......:wigout:

I have to get braces at some point *sigh* I got given a plate about 3 years ago but it really dug into my gum and I kept catching my tounge on it but my dentest refused to admit any thing was wrong with it so I just stopped wearing it. I have to have a plate for at least a year though and then I'll have to have train tracks *YUK YUK YUK YUK* for another 2 years or something. I have too many teeth for my mouth is the problem..so even if we try and straighten them all out it's still gona be too crowded in there *sigh* I just want 'em to rip 'em all out and then just stick 'em back in where they should be and the spair ones can go away cause I din't need 'em. I've got two sets of vampire fangs plus my K9's :bawl: Like a pair coming from right up at the top of my gum and going over it which look like proper fangs you'd get in a movie...and then the teeth next to my K9's are twisted round so they are completely sideways on and look like out of place fangs :bawl: I hate my mouth!

[b]One of my friends has* 6 canines
2 at the bottom, and 4 at the top, like, yeah, how Velevet Paws said.
With them growing from a little higher, and a bit towards the outside.
It kinda looked cool, but then they ripped em out, (the extras) and realigned all his teeth, and he looks weird..

Braces make teeth look uglier afterwards, I think[/b]

*EDIT: had

Make sure you don't get your toungue stuck in them. I knew of a girl once in primary school, who got her toungue stuck in her upper braces that they had to remove the wiring any pull it out of there. She lost most of her taste buds, so now she can't really taste anything....owch...hehehe

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zora [/i]
[B]Oh great, I have to get a retainer :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Retainers aren't that bad.

I've had my braces off for around 4 years now, and I [i]still[/i] wear my retainers at night even though the orthodontist told me I could discontinue wearing them.

Wearing them has become a habit...almost like a comfort thing while I'm sleeping. I hate sleeping without them :whoops:[/color]

WAAHAHAHAAA!!! *points and laughs* I got mine OFF recently! And retainers rule compared to braces, so WAAAHOOO!!

... I'm sorry, I couldn't contain myself. I apologize for rubbing in the fact that you have braces and I don't.:toothy:

:devil: heh, I'm just joking you know... :angel: :naughty:

Oh Come on....They're not that bad and you'll get used to them pretty soon. I had to have them on for 6 months a few years back to fix a broken tooth and I got used to them pretty quickly. :) Although, it's a killer when they tighten them...feels like your teeth are about to break off.....

Well actually, the pain is tolerable when you get them tightened :)....just as long as you mush your food up real good before you eat it. One easy way is to put your brekkie, lunch or whatever in a blender and drink it up, then you can get a preview of what it's gonna look like in your stomach....hehe

Bon apetit;)

People shouldn't really get braces until they're around 20. 'cause before then, your body is still growing...and your jawline is still changing, so your teeth will keep moving, even after you have taken your braces off, until your skeletal growth period has either slowed down or ended.

Am I making sense???

Guest BulmaVegeta1
Well, I proably will be excited after I get these damn things off, but I really don't know when that lucky day is. I also have this retainer contraption thingy in my mouth that is supposed to move my jaw foward since I have an overbite. My dentist says it's working, and he also made me stick rubber bands in my mouth to move my teeth up or some crap like that. Worst of all, on my last visit, he told me that I have to start wearing my retainer while I eat! It's hell! But it looks cool. It has the american flag on it and my name on it too, so I guess some things are cool about it. Everyone is always like, "that's so cool!" and stuff, and half the time, I'm taking it out of my mouth for people to look at it. I play the flute at my Junior High band, and my embroshure, they call it (it means like the way I blow into my instrument) is all screwed up, thanks to my braces. I'm sort of getting used to it, though. Really, it seems like the only thing I'm missing is headgear! :eek:

Oooh no fair! Just noticed I have yet ANOTHER tooth growing through where it shouldn't be. Wont be surprised if it's a back one that's been pushed really far forwards cause where it's growing I actually had my adult tooth ripped (heh taken but ripped sounds better) out about 2-4 years ago (heh I don't remember..I had 7 baby teeth all taken out at once before :nervous: )

[SIZE=1]Eh, I have never had braces before. I've had good teeth all my life. It's not like they're perfectly aligned and sparkly white. Just that they're not totally wacked out. I've never had a cavity or anything. Which is odd considering all the sweets I like to eat.. my sister had them for a while though. Made fun of her a lot during trhose times :p[/SIZE]

My friend just got braces..... He says they hurt like crap..... you can't eat or anything... my mum has been trying to talk me into getting them, and it's sorta worked..... but I don't know for sure if I really should go ahead and get them now..... :rolleyes: