OtakuBoards

Charcter Similarities

Ryuujin

I was noticing they there are many charcter similarites, in different animes. Like Cowboy Bebop and Love Hina. Ed and Kaolla are alot alike. Both are geniuss(sp? pural for genius), Both can type with their toes, both are really skinny, both are kinda crazy, and both are tall. Is it a possiblity they are played off each other? Rather is Kaolla played after Ed, since Cowboy Bebop is older. Do you know of any other similarites?

• 4 months later...
Athena (fatal fury) and Videl (dbz-dbgt) both tough, but nice female fighters.
lil goten (dbz) lil goku (db) both are so naive and cute!
Master Roshi (db-dbz-dbgt) and Chin (fatal fury) both are drunken masters!

the goku and goten one was really obvious though, it even said in the series so.........

There are sooo many...

Yuu (Marmalade boy) and Akito (Kare Kano) - both are perfect male students (good at everything).

Alucard (Hellsing) and D (Vampire Hunter D) - Vampires that hunt their own kind

Naru (Love Hina) and Akane (Ranma) - jealous females because they're afraid to speak out their own feelings

Shingi (Evangelion) and Kazuki... I think (Dual) - pilot "evangelion" looking mecha robots, subtle, soft spoken

Def-kun......are you sure it was Akito from Kare Kano? You mentioned "perfect student", are you thinking of Arima? I don't know. Maybe there's and Akito.....

Griff, forgive me, but I don't see many like-points of Suzuka and Vegeta. Vegeta is a loud-mouth, he's arrogant, and he jumps into battles even if he has no chance to win. Suzuka is quiet, doesn't act arrogant, and doesn't mindlessly jump into battle.

I think Tamahome (Fushigi Yuugi) and Touya (Ceres) are a lot alike. Obviously looks-wise, since they're both Watase Yuu characters, but they act the same, only a bit. Tama's kinda loud, but Touya super quiet. Although they were virtually created for the women they love, and protect their one and only with their life. They both also possess great martial arts abilities.

Darn!!! another one... Sorry my mind is a little scrambled at the moment. It was Arima. Akito was the one in Fruits Basket.

Lets see...

Asuka (Evangelion) and Mitsuki (Dual) - "strong" girl individual pilots of "eva" looking mechs

Rei Ayanami (Evangelion) and D (Dual) - softspoken pilots of "eva" looking mechs

Come to think of it Dual and Evangelion have a lot in common. Three pilots.... three mechs... three lead characters. You gotta see both of this animes.

Lina Inverse (from Slayers) and Goku (from DBZ) are both tough fighters with ultimate attacks, but they tend to act really goofy.

Key (from Key: The Metal Idol) and Lain (from Serial Experiments Lain) are practically the same person.

Trunks (from DBZ) and Pluto (from Sailormoon) are time-hoppers who don't seem to talk much

Ten (from Urusei Yatsura) and Chibi-Usa (from Sailormoon) are troublesome brats that the adults love.

Ren (from Please Save My Earth) and Trunks (from DBZ) look exactly alike.

Amelia (from Slayers) and Mihoshi (from Tenchi Muyo) have no idea what they're doing.

Eisha (from Outlaw Star) and Ryoko (from Tenchi Muyo) are wild, uncontrolable fighters.

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, if we want to go based on looks then Shinji (Eva), Makoto (El Hazard), and Tenchi (well...DUH..) all have that same generic look about them. Also, Lum (Urusei Yatsura) and Shampoo (Ranma 1/2) have almost the same exact hair. Of course, they have the same creater, too. Same with Makoto and Tenchi, they were both designed by the same person. Personality wise...HMMMMMM...I'd actually have to sit down and think and get back to you on that one. Situation wise, Tenchi and Akito (Nadesico). How can they have so many women around at all times and not like ANY of them???[/color][/size]

I have another one.........Usagi (Sailor Moon) and Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi). Both have obnoxious voices in the dubs, both look kind of alike when Miaka has her hair in buns, and they both act kind of ditzy (Miaka at first, at least), and both are major heroines.

Char Aznable (MSG) and Zechs Merquise (GW) have alot in commen. They both where helmets. They both have white hair. They both have nicknames that emphasize speed. They both special in speed over power. Both are on the "Bad" side. They both have a sister you dont find out about untill later in the series. They betray one of their superiors. (Well it is questionable wether Zechs really betrayed Treize but he did OZ)

Thats about all I can think of right now. But Zechs has one up on Char and that is he looks cooler....;)

The characters from Cliffhanger (anime) are just like the chars. from Cowboy Bebop (except Edward).
- Relaxed guy who's a good fighter and weapon user.
- Older partner who's really into his work.
- Pretty girl with attitude.
- Evil, heartless rival.