OtakuBoards

joined a gym

boris

hey, i joined a guy, hired a trainer, went down, worked out for an hour and a half. that was all 3 days ago, i stil hurt, and its all hard. they told me i would put on 10 pounds this month(good pounds) and be lifting 20 percent with in a month. i am going in to a power lifting progam, and it hurts.

but has anyone here joined a gym, what kind of progam are you on???

[B]Can't say I've joined a guy before..... I don't particularly want to join in a gym, I train myself in the park near me as much as I can. My dad goes to a gym regularly, but he weight trains and likes to build up muscle. I don't really think muscle makes that much of a difference, so I don't go....[/B]

[size=1][color=royalblue]
That's a good thing that you're working out! I usually just go to my school and work out there..but on the weekends, I go to Balley and such. Right now, I am on a strict diet and working out program made by my varsity coach. It's really crazy!

I went from 115 lbs and benching 140 lbs (when I was a freshman) to 175 lbs and benching 295 lbs (now, where now I am a Senior). That's a pretty big difference! During my freshman and sophmore summer, I gained nearly 30lbs. Yeah, I did take some protein shakes, but that was alright for my body. Working ot continously helps alot in the long run.

Power lifting programs are really good for gaining alot of pounds. You should be able to gain 10 lbs in no time. Or, try to take some protein shakes which will probably triple your weight gain in less then 4 months. EAS Simply Protein and EAS Myoplex Mass are really nice. MET-Rx is also good too.. Ah well, I am rambling too much again. Have fun on your program!

- MG[/size][/color]

[color=deeppink]I really should join a gym...it wouldn't hurt any to start lifting for cheerleading and all. Thing is, my body tones pretty easily, so from [i]years[/i] of intense dance training combined with three years of lifting girls in cheerleading...my muscles are pretty happy with me, and I, with my muscles :p

I eat horribly though...I need to get on a healthy diet or something. It's just a good thing I don't gain weight easily...or I'd be really big by now...[/color]

bad eating habits, well, Mcdonlds is very good for a diet..........
yeah, but a boflex is nifty and all, but with waight traning(to get a big cheast and arms and stuff)you need a tranier and stuff. i am naturaly built and many a person has told me to work out. that and i spend to much time on the computer, so i need to get in shape. i was on the track team(pollvault)fo a year, but i think i like waight traning alot more.

[color=crimson]I have never joined a gym, though cheerleading (hard core...probably only BabyGirl gets what I'm saying) does feel like one. You lift lots, you are jumping around lots, flipping around lots, all while you are screaming at the top of your lungs. Some may think that that is nothing. I suggest you try it sometime... :wow:[/color]

[color=indigo] Yeah I remember how hard cheerleading was. I was a young girl, barely 13 wenI started...wait a minute, I was never a cheerleader...wait minute I'm a guy. Wow, I wonder why I hve that memory, hmmm, strange.

Anyways, I have been a member to a gym for several years. I love going but I have a big persona workout flaw. I'll go for awhile an get in great shape and then I won't go for several months. This wouldn't be so harmful except for the fact that I ave horrible eating habits. Well right now I am back in the gym, hoefull this time I won't slip back into my old habits:D [/color]

i got banned from our local gym. :( i petaled for an hour on a bike only to find out that the distance LED was broken. so i kicked the bike over......on to the person who was riding the bike next to me. :o

yeah i go to gym for soccer evry week, though once i went by myself and pushed myself extremely hard. I woke up the next day and found that when i tried to extend my arms my biceps felt like they would rip, it was sooo much pain. Sooo, just a warining, take it slow at first, cause otherwise you'll hurt, a lot.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]my muscles are pretty happy with me, and I, with my muscles :p[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]and im happy with ur muscles, and you... so i guess were even ;)

anyway try swimming and soccer for 4 years and then swimming for 6 years past that, then follow that up with water polo (best training sport besides cross country skiing) and ur in pretty good shape
i been lazy the last 2 months, and get tired quick, and eat a lot
sadly i only weigh 130 lbs, weighed 125 in the 6th grade
did weight training threw most of it, looked like a skeleton till my freshman year of high school then i put some meat on me ;) lol
combine that with a while of tai kwan do training (from way back so im rusty) and u could handle yourself ;) thou i looked small i could hit pretty dang hard ;) which the swim team learned quickly ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=indigo] Hahah....*HC picks Kuja up with one arm.*

HC- "Ha ha I have you now Kuja, now that I know your true size I have no need to fear you..."

Kuja kicks HC in the shin and beats the crap out of him using :modrod: power...

HC- "Darn, never underestimate the little guy...ghaaaa!!!" falls over unconscious...

Sorry Kuja, I just always pictured you as being a big guy, really fast swimmers tend to be fairly big. Oh, well...[/color]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]who said i was really fast? lol i didnt make states my freshman year *sigh*
made um my sophomore thou ;)
and who said small? u would think i weigh 160 if ya met me lol... dunno y i dont weigh what i look thou
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]I really should join a gym...it wouldn't hurt any to start lifting for cheerleading and all. Thing is, my body tones pretty easily, so from [i]years[/i] of intense dance training combined with three years of lifting girls in cheerleading...my muscles are pretty happy with me, and I, with my muscles :p

I eat horribly though...I need to get on a healthy diet or something. It's just a good thing I don't gain weight easily...or I'd be really big by now...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats just like me BabyGirl. Except wasn't cheerleading for me, it was all the sports that I played. Whether it was football or baseball or soccer or basketball, it kept me in shape and I love my muscles, but my lungs suck tho. And I do eat a lot of junk food.

I've been looking to join a gym tho, but don't know of any for guys around my area. Got any names of some gyms that I can look for?

I love going to the gym. I have a membership at the really cool gym near where I work. I usually go 4 to 5 times a week (mornings and/or afternoons)...running 5 to 10kms and doing pump classes. I'm absolutely hooked. I would stay at the gym for 1.5hrs hours torturing myself. It's given me a really great bod... fit, strong and ready to kick arse, (not that I do, but it's nice to know I can.....hehehe)....tres cool.

Anyway if I didn't go to the gym, I'd probably blow up like the Good Year blimp, considering all the food and blocks of chocolate that I'm constantly shovelling into my mouth. I luv my food.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]sadly i only weigh 130 lbs[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]:twitch: You weight the same as me...damn kuji, how?

Hehe :p I still find that terribly odd...maybe it's because I'm 5'7" and I have a pretty good amount of muscle...but that's scary when a guy weighs the same as you o_o[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boris [/i]
[B]well, it seams that many have started talking about waight. i am a short 6'4 and waigh a light 230 pounds, by the way, i am not fat or big boned, i have mucle [/B][/QUOTE]

hmmm.. I think I'm nearly the same... 6'2", and I'm 100 kilos... that's probably about 230-240 pounds, though I don't know... damn I just don't work that way.

and I'm not fat neither.. I just spend too long bench pressing 80 kg... o.O .... manually.... man, when I did machine bench press I did way up in the 130's. o.O;;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boris [/i]
[B]well, it seams that many have started talking about waight. i am a short 6'4 and waigh a light 230 pounds, by the way, i am not fat or big boned, i have mucle [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You call 6'4" short? :drunk: I have guy friends that are a mere 5'6"...THAT'S what you'd call short for a guy (erm...no offense...I know a few of you are short on here as well...I just like to do a little harmless teasing because of the fact I'm pretty tall...) :D[/color]