OtakuBoards

Just saw my first episode of "Cowboy BeBop"...my thoughts...

JCBaggee

[color=red][size=3]Okay, as a DBZ *fanatic (not newbie, sorry mistype), I'm slightly terrified of watching new anime...I became so blatantly obsessed with DBZ I'm trying not to do that again.
But! I was out of school, had nothing better to do, and I had taped Cowboy BeBop off of Adult Swim Thurs. (since I tape off of Midnight Run, I just let it keep going on Thursday)
Anyway, the first ep I saw was Session 21. Not sure what the name was, but it had to do with the art of Fung-Shui. I was amazed! The series was a great cartoon about real people dealing with "real-life" situations (if you don't count the trip through hyperspace.)
The second episode was Session 22, "Cowboy Funk". One word-FUNNY! From Teddy Bommer to Andy, the comboy with a striking resemblance to...uh...okay, forgot his name, but you know who it is if you've seen the show.
I also caught Session's 23 and 24 on Sunday, which I was equally impressed with.
Bottom line? If you haven't watched it yet, watch it. You're missing a great show.

--JCBaggee [/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Coyboy Bepop is very well written and more intellectual than most anime, which is the reason why it is so popular (some say that is the main reason the show hasn't become as popular as say... DBZ.) I happen to like it, intelligence in anime is a good thing.

PS: Cowboy Bepop is going to be on this Saturday night as a part of CN's new late night action cartoon line-up.[/SIZE]

Guest Jabroni3:16
Really really good Anime, if you live in the UK buy the DVDs you won't be dissappointed i wasn't. The series ranks high on many peoples "Best Anime" lists, you haven't seen good anime till you see CowBoy Bebop. Dammit not only if i could see thye movie! I can't wait till it is released, Rick do you know a date?

[color=red][size=3]Lemme clear this up right now: I live in the United States of America. I have limited resources. Bottom line is if it happens outside of America and ain't on CNN, I don't know about it. Why? I don't keep up that much with current events that don't affect me. I'm not being mean and saying you people don't matter, but I honestly don't care if someone won the lottery in Japan because I don't live in Japan...heck, I'm not even sure Japan has a lottery![/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonballzman [/i]
[B]

Well, I guess that means I'm screwed. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

nah, you can buy the whole series on ebay, or this other place, can't remember where, go to animeboards.com and there is a banner for it at the top, they're cool to buy stuff from....

or just go to an anime store in germany and pick up dvd's of trigun, spriggun, perfect blue uncut, tenchi movies, love hina, blah blah blah, I spent too much money....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][size=3][color=red]Yeah, I tape it. It's actually better because I can watch it when I want to and I don't have to worry about all those annoying commercials.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
What?! I have to tape the commercials...

Blaha, I just saw a taped eppy then.... not too good, just the average anime I always see... :D

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Wierd. . for the ones talking about taping it. If you love it, you really should treat yourself and get the DVD collection of them. In my opinion, it is a VERY good anime, and one that I love watching over and over. I have put it aside for now, as I am working on paying for my car (i.e. - work, work, sleep, and more work). But when I get some free time, I can easily see myself watching these movies again. I started to work on my anime collection a bit, and have to say of all the ones I own (not too many atm =P sorry!!), I prefer Cowboy Beebop more then others out there. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Wierd. . for the ones talking about taping it. If you love it, you really should treat yourself and get the DVD collection of them. In my opinion, it is a VERY good anime, and one that I love watching over and over. I have put it aside for now, as I am working on paying for my car (i.e. - work, work, sleep, and more work). But when I get some free time, I can easily see myself watching these movies again. I started to work on my anime collection a bit, and have to say of all the ones I own (not too many atm =P sorry!!), I prefer Cowboy Beebop more then others out there. [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
What happens if you don't have a DVD Player...... ...like me? Do they have this on VHS? Oh, I got a job, a paper round! :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]
What happens if you don't have a DVD Player...... ...like me? Do they have this on VHS? Oh, I got a job, a paper round! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I DO believe they have C.B. for VHS. If not. . well. . get a DVD player *cough* Sorry. . I had to use my parents till I got my Playstation 2 =P . .sorry~ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=deeppink]Bebop comes on Thursdays and Sundays from midnight to one, unless they changed it. I already have the whole series on tape. ^^ I love that show. I have to do a project in Painting class where you paint a person, and I did Spike. My teacher even aknowledged me as the Spike-Drawing God, because my painting kicked so much ***. It's hanging in my room now, and I also have a Bebop wallscroll with Faye lighting Spike's cigarette.

Another thing. The spelling is merely, "Cowboy Bebop." It gave me a chuckle to see all the different spellings out there. ^^

Last thing that I was amazed no one mentioned: The music. The music in that series is phenominal. Yoko Kanno is a genious, and the Seatbelts are a great band. They can cover anything from Heavy Metal to Jazz, with some rap mixed in. I love that series so much.... ^^[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I DO believe they have C.B. for VHS. If not. . well. . get a DVD player *cough* Sorry. . I had to use my parents till I got my Playstation 2 =P . .sorry~ [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
lol, nothing to be sorry about man. :) We're a bit low on money at the moment.... so.... I suppose I'll go looking for the VHS... :D