Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Gaming The Thing


James
 Share

Recommended Posts

[color=indigo]Some more screenshots of Xbox games have recently been released, included among them is [i]The Thing[/i], a new game based on the original movie.

I thought I'd post a shot of it here for discussion.

[IMG]http://xboxmedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/thing/thing5.jpg[/IMG]

I think it looks amazing. What do you guys think?[/color]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can tell that game's going to suck.... Nothing but blood, guts, and killing. It reminds me of DOOM, except it probably won't be anywhere as good. It's like I thought before, X-box is going to be soo focused on graphics that the games are going to suck, probably. Plus those graphic's in that shot don't look all that impressive...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]I can tell that game's going to suck.... Nothing but blood, guts, and killing. It reminds me of DOOM, except it probably won't be anywhere as good. It's like I thought before, X-box is going to be soo focused on graphics that the games are going to suck, probably. Plus those graphic's in that shot don't look all that impressive... [/B][/QUOTE]


True, the graphics are kinda lame, based on the specs of the x-box, they look no better than what a Voodoo5 chipset can do.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]I can tell that game's going to suck.... Nothing but blood, guts, and killing. It reminds me of DOOM, except it probably won't be anywhere as good. It's like I thought before, X-box is going to be soo focused on graphics that the games are going to suck, probably. Plus those graphic's in that shot don't look all that impressive... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]How can you tell it'll suck? You haven't even seen it in motion yet. I sense a strong level of bias here.

The visuals in that shot are looking very nice...at least as nice as Silent Hill 2 (although probably with less atmosphere).

I don't see how you can sit in judgement of a game before even seeing it moving or trying it for yourself.[/color]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[color=indigo][b]The visuals are nice...easily as nice or nicer than Silent Hill 2, as I mentioned above.

But sure, seeing the game in motion would really be a big plus. If the animation is great, then I don't see how anyone could declare that the visuals suck.[/color][/b]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=indigo]How can you tell it'll suck? You haven't even seen it in motion yet. I sense a strong level of bias here.

The visuals in that shot are looking very nice...at least as nice as Silent Hill 2 (although probably with less atmosphere).

I don't see how you can sit in judgement of a game before even seeing it moving or trying it for yourself.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That is just the impression I get from the screenshot, once I play the game actually, it will probably change. for better or for worse. I was just stating that my opinion of Microsoft and the X-box is that it will probably focus so much on graohics that the game play won't be that good. Plus, I don't like games where you go around shooting up monsters with blood and guts flying everywhere. I think those games basically suck, 'cept for DOOM, I love that game...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

That is just the impression I get from the screenshot, once I play the game actually, it will probably change. for better or for worse. I was just stating that my opinion of Microsoft and the X-box is that it will probably focus so much on graohics that the game play won't be that good. Plus, I don't like games where you go around shooting up monsters with blood and guts flying everywhere. I think those games basically suck, 'cept for DOOM, I love that game... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, you liked Doom. Doom was the most basic shooter there ever was lol. So how can you not like games with blood and guts, yet like Doom?

This is more about Microsoft and the Xbox than this actual specific game, isn't it?

Remember, this game isn't being made by Microsoft. So I wouldn't give any credit to them.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heheh, don't forget about Wolfenstein.. Now that's classic, baby! Those were the good old days. Hey, don't bad-mouth the Voodoo5. It has a really good chipset, 3dfx knew exactly what they were doing until they were bought by nVidia. After the V3, they basically focused on graphics. Their AA is still unmatched - 4x AA rules on the V5. Yes, it did not have many features, which is another reason that screen would still look better than the V5. I'm pretty sure that game is using some hardware T&L.. The blood looks a lot like Max Payne's, and I see barely any resemblance to the Quake 3 engine. Maybe some to the Lithtech... hmm.. oh well, we'll just have to see how it runs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

Well, you liked Doom. Doom was the most basic shooter there ever was lol. So how can you not like games with blood and guts, yet like Doom?

This is more about Microsoft and the Xbox than this actual specific game, isn't it?

Remember, this game isn't being made by Microsoft. So I wouldn't give any credit to them. [/B][/QUOTE]


Me liking Doom is more about an emotional attachment, in that I used to spend hours upon hours playing it when I was younger... Nowadays I don't play the game anymore... It got boring.... I disliked the fact that there was no story except "Aliens invade, shoot them".

And it's not the blood and guts games I don't like, I just don't like games where you go around shooting at things... Even if it has puzzles and stuff...

And I admit right out front I don't like Microsoft. But I also don't like Sony and the Playstaion, but that dosn't get in the way of my judging of a game.

Besides, like I said before, this isn't my final judgment, this is just a first impression derived simply form the shot. Isn't that what you posted this for, to get everyone's impression of the shot?


And I didn't realize it wasn't being made by microsoft, but it doesn't change the type of game that I've been expecting on the X-box. Of course, there is a high probability that my opionion will change once I play the games, which I intend to do.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...