OtakuBoards

ff7 kicks

mystfalcon25

:toothy: :toothy: :toothy: :toothy:

Dude, FF7 is by far the best of the FF's that they've come up with, ya?

If only it came out at a later date, when the power of the ps2 could've been used. Not that it needed the ps2 though, its still an awesome game.

But if it has voice acting like ff10, wow, the game would have a lot of beeps or an M rating (blame barret and cid)

CID ROCKS!

-Mystfalcon25

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]*sigh* FF 7 wasnt even in the top half... not one thing was original about that game... including the death of Aeris.
That has even happened in another Final Fantasy game.
FF 7 was utter crap as was 8 (thou 8 had GFs and draw).
Im not saying 9 was the best but at least it was something old being old not something old trying to be new.[/size][/color][/font]

[SIZE=1]I really enjoy VII's plot, the Sephiroth + Jenova + Cloud relationship is really quite dark and confusing, which makes it more of a puzzle to find out what is gonna happen, it isn't predictable, which makes it pretty "jumpy" and not boring. If you like solving a story/puzzle, you'd love this :).[/SIZE]

[color=red][size=3]I love VIII! If you hate it, fine, but at least tell me you've played through Disc 1 at the least. I talked with a guy who played five hours of it and said it was the worst game of his life! If you're gonna judge a game, at least play some of it![/color][/size]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]played all of it... just was too dang boring at parts. nothing like a normal RPG. i wanna OLD school rpg again where you learn things at a certain level. PKmon is the closest thing to it i have seen in a long time. that whole draw system is so boring you have to play hours on end in one battle just to get some good spells. i mean yes the side quests can be fun but dang i wanna straight forward RPG like the old ones.
at least the first time threw make it HARD. the second time threw add all the side quests or something but dang it is so annoying to hear how people are at level 99 in a game im all... crap do it at level 40 and get over it[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]i am glad some people like it still. hows come everyone hates it, it's not that bad.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

its just kuja that hates it because it has no "fantasy" elements like in previous ff games, he doesn't hate the gameplay or story, just hates the fact its not "fantasy".....and because it has no job systems....

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yea FF7 woulda been a great stand alone game, but as a FF it was utter crap ;).
I just think it was too realistic to me i guess, after the first time threw it was like... this could probably happen a lot more than any other game that had come out. Then FF 8 came out... and that was truely believable[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]It all depends what type of RPG you like, I mean Final Fantasy. I admit I do enjoy the job system, which is a good type, but it doesn't mean I hate FFVII. I like all of them, although VII and IX have seemed best to me at the moment.[/SIZE]

Hey, really, i like most Final fantasy games, the ones i've played at least, and I have been through at least disc 1 of FF8.

I've never played much of 9, i've played all but 9 to be exact. 7 still stands as my favorite, followed by 10 and 8.

I suppose that the characters in 7 are the coolest of all of them, i mean how can you not love a mercenary with a huge sword or a terrorist leader with an attitude problem or a pilot with a smoke, a spear, and a dream. Not just those three, but there's the ninja, the two experiments, the bar owner, and who could forget the stuffed animal?

Not to mention all the bad guys.

I think that FF7 is the best Final Fantasy. Of course, it's also the only one i've ever finished other than 3 and 10, but you dont have to finish a game to get the story, just get really far.

And that's about it.

By the way, lighten up Kuja, ff7 is the favorite of many, and it set the bar high for other Final Fantasies to match up to. It set the standard for other Final Fantasies to hit. Some have.

Guest BlitzAce
FFVII rox, everything Myst said was true, I mean it did set a standard for all FF games as well as other games, many can't live up to the name FFVII, A few have hit it. Take FFX that game is awesome, Graphics, style, and gameplay. Myst is totally correct in saying FFVII is tha best. I only wish FFX was longer.:devil: :flaming: :demon: I love those smileys!

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]for the record i like FF7 it is one of the better games out there. i havent ever said it isnt. or if i didnt i misstated what i meant.
my argument is that it isnt typical FF material. Y do u ask? well the answer is ez... everything in that game had been done before INCLUDING the death of playable and nonplayable chars alike. [/size][/color][/font][size=4]SPOILER[/size][size=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]FF 2 (in US) is an example of this. Edwards gf/wife died and she had been a big player up till then (yea so it was the 2nd hour of the game but still) and then the palom/porum thing... so many chars in that game are believed to be dead threwout the game ;) anyway FF 7 sucked as a final fantasy game, but as an RPG it kicked backside ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Guest BlitzAce
I guess I can't really say anything about any FF before VII and you are right, Aeris dying was really perdictable, and it has happened before. But to me FFVII did seem like a great FF game. I really didn't like 9, OK i'll be honest I hated it. It was stupid, and there was no point to the game. That is all.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

its just kuja that hates it because it has no "fantasy" elements [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, I suppose picking up little green stones and casting spells is all reality then... :rolleyes:

FF7 was a great game. FF8 is a great game. FF9... Well, I suppose that's a great game too. Every single FF game ever realeased has been brilliant, and a top seller.

Except for Mystic Quest, but that just plain sucks.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][size=4]SPOILER[/size][size=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]FF 2 (in US) is an example of this. Edwards gf/wife died and she had been a big player up till then (yea so it was the 2nd hour of the game but still) and then the palom/porum thing... so many chars in that game are believed to be dead threwout the game ;) anyway FF 7 sucked as a final fantasy game, but as an RPG it kicked backside ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=3][b]SPOILER[/b][/size][color=indigo]
Ummm... No, you never get Edward's girl friend in you party... She's dead when you find her and Edward in the castle, right after it gets bombed.
Almost everyone that you think dies, doesn't actually die in that game... Like Palom, Porom, and Yang.[/color]
[size=3][b]END SPOILER[/b][/size]

[color=indigo]I think FFIII (US) is the best. I loved the character development (especially Celes) and the magic system wasn't to bad either. Except that everyone could use magic... That's the only thing I don't like about FFIII.[/color]

[color=red][size=3]No one has mentioned this one yet, so I'll bring it up...
the hardest Final Fantasy game ever...
I can't get past the third fight...

Final Fantasy Tactics...

oh god...that is a hard game...[/color][/size]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i never said she was part of your party... she was just a major char... the STRONG old guy runs around with you because of her. she may not be seen but you have to admin without her you lose the reasoning for his character

yea yea SPOLIERS IN HERE ;)

and about them not totally being dead... i just meant that them being sacrficed for the greater good was a choice on their part to end their lifes to save their friends, dont you think that aeris did that and that she KNEW she would die? thou i do have to say i didnt expect them to cast petrify on themselfs and i knew she was going to die... the accident on the boat was half expect i just expected to run into a pirate ship or kill a big monster not exactly have a ship wreck and lose all your party lol[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mystfalcon25 [/i]
[B]Gee, im glad that at least some people agree with me that 7 is the best... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]As much as i'm a Fan for all the FF's, Tactics is by FAR the best, I LOVED IT [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]favorite thread--kuja[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]