OtakuBoards

9/11

Transtic Nerve

I watched this documentory tonight... and I must say it was the most intense, amazing, and outright horrific thing I've ever seen.

If you didn't see it, I think it's just starting now Pacific time.. 9:00 that is... if you are on the East Coast, you missed it... If you aren't in America, you probably didn't see it...

Anyway, for those of you who watched it, I'm wondering... did it change your view on the events of september 11th? If it did, how?... what are your views now, as opposed to what they were before...

I'll say it changed my view... this documentory took me right inside the Trade Centers... You heard noise as people fell and hit the ground... you heard the tower crashing beside them... you saw pitch black as they walked through the dust filled streets and buildings.... You saw the planes hit the towers... with full sound and from views not seen before.... And you saw the lives of these firefighters... and what they saw... and what they did as all this was happening... And you saw the first casualty claimed by the attacks...

I never looked at it from that stand point.. well I have mentally, but I never could completely grasp it untill now... and it's more horrendous then i though it was.... and i would have never been able to do what those firefighters and those police men/women did that day....

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I saw a glimpse of it today, the documentary was very well done and showed things for the way they were. It especially hit home for me because I live in New York. This was the first time we were really able to see it. My mother recorded it and i think it was a good idea! It really gave everyone a dose or reality I heard tommorrow they are going to hold a memorial service so it will be another reminder of this tragedy!

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yes i saw that. that was... yea that was
i mean how else can you explain it, or should it be can you explain it? i knew people jumped out and all but my god to hear the crunch as the body hit the glass. Then to see the fireman hear it, have it register as death, then go on like nothing happened. id have freaked out and ran. i can handle death and murder, but sucide? that scares me like nothing else.

anyway yea that show was amazing. and what made it totally awesome was how there were ver few commercials threwout the show. and most 'commercials' were foundations looking for support. so it was cool. and it was far enuff away from 9/11 for most of us to not... freak us totally out again, but enuff to make it sink in what really happened. and could you imagine how much powerful if his brother or that last guy handnt shown up? and... he is right i couldnt put a flag to half mast either[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[size=1]I saw it last night, and I have to agree it was a very intense documentary. My views on the entire 9/11 attacks have changed after I saw that program last night. I couldn't really undeerstand why the world was so effected by this single attack where 3 thousand died, while countless millions die every year because of disease and crime.

I understand now. Though I don't live in New York City I can say now that I do feel more tremendously sorry for what happened now than I ever have before.[/size]

[size=3]

Yes, that document has completly changed my view. When the terrorist attacks happened and until last night I guess you could say I thought it was a dream. I mean I knew it happened but just thinking about that happening on the United States I was in disbelief. Since I saw the document last night my views have definetly changed. I never thought about what it looked like inside the towers and how tall they were. Now I have a better image in my head. As for the bodies hitting the ground, it didn't bother me just because I couldn't see them so I just thought it was debris hitting the ground. The thing that got me shaking was when it started collapsing and the firefighters running out and then the screen turns pitch black and then the light on the camera comes on and you can see the firefighters, covered in dust and some with blood. That is what really got me scared. But overall that document got me to saying that that really happened. Before I was in disbelief and I would just doubt it just because I live in Texas and I couldn't imaging something like that happening. But now I know it was real and I can finally agree with that.[/size]

i lost a friend in the WTC, and this documentory made me really appreciate all that the fire fighters and police did to help people try to escape. they didn't think of themselves, but only of the other people. and when the first tower collapsed(the one my friend was in) i just broke out crying thinking that's when he died. I surely thought the firefighters would have been killed. but, some how, they made it. i'm even starten to cry now thinking of it. it was the most horrific thing i ever saw. :bawl:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]i lost a friend in the WTC, and this documentory made me really appreciate all that the fire fighters and police did to help people try to escape. they didn't think of themselves, but only of the other people. and when the first tower collapsed(the one my friend was in) i just broke out crying thinking that's when he died. I surely thought the firefighters would have been killed. but, some how, they made it. i'm even starten to cry now thinking of it. it was the most horrific thing i ever saw. :bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=3]

I am very sorry Goten! Oh and one thing, when the firefighters were running and the power went out and stuff, the tower they were in wasn't collapsing. It was the tower next to them. I doubt they could survived if the tower they were in had collapsed on them.[/size]

[color=red][b]i am pretty sure it was the tower they were in. cause they were in tower 1 and that was the one that collapsed first.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]i am pretty sure it was the tower they were in. cause they were in tower 1 and that was the one that collapsed first.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=3]

Yet again wrong, the second tower was the first one to collapse. Check the news and the websites. It was the second one that collapsed first. Ask someone else here.[/size]

No, the tower they were in was the second to collapse... Thats why when they were looking outside they couldn't see the other tower... And they were in the lobby... if that was the tower to fall, they would have been stuck under there... They were in the first tower that was hit by a plane, which was the second tower to collapse...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]No, the tower they were in was the second to collapse... Thats why when they were looking outside they couldn't see the other tower... And they were in the lobby... if that was the tower to fall, they would have been stuck under there... They were in the first tower that was hit by a plane, which was the second tower to collapse... [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=3]

Yep! That is what I said. The tower they were in was the 1st tower and the 2nd tower was the first one to collapse. The one they were not in.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]No, I'm afraid I didn't see it. I shall have to see if and when it is airing again in my area...[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=3]

You have to see it Cera. I was shaking yeah, but it gives you a way better opinion and image on what happened.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]You saw the planes hit the towers... with full sound and from views not seen before.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple]I advise those with weak constituions to not watch the documentary at all b/c I feel I have a strong constitution and a high tolerance...

but when I saw the plane zoom, at real time speed, and when I heard the sound, I clicked off the tv and ran crying into my mother's room.

I don't care if I don't sound sophisticated or sound mature because it disturbed me and yes I cried, I'm not afraid to admit it. Most of my friends who watched the documentary also said that they had cried or had been forced to turn the tv off at some point, even some of my male friends.

I was taken so completely by suprise that I couldn't stop crying for 10 minutes. It was just out of no where with no warning when I saw, and for the first time in 7 MONTHS, [i]heard[/i] the plane crash into the second tower. I couldn't believe it. I felt physically sick like I needed to vomit. Instead, I cried.

To stay on topic I must say I don't think that the documentary changed my views in anyway but one. Now, more than ever, I think the media is way overplaying the "hero" thing. I too think that the firefighters who fought to help get people out were noble people, but now the truth is out. The firefighters did help people out, but they only got to the 10-12th floor and then they turned around and came back down. The fire fighters WEREN'T pulling body after body of living people out of the rubble, they pulled one person out, one. In 24 hours, one person lived.

The documentary still "haunts" me though. Yesterday I had to take a milestone where we read and answered quesrions about... earthquakes. And falling buildings... and people who died in the rubble.

What gets my goose is that a girl I used to go to school with, Sarah, lost her sister Liz in the Pennsylvana attack. Then I find out this year that in the play she was in, her first line was about a plane crash, and her second was about someone jumping from the 22nd floor of a building.

Just typing that re-induces the horrible sound of people jumping out of windows. The firefighter was right, the sound was so loud. It literally was the sound of fear and agony for the listener.

Also, the thing is, document like this always get to me. 9/11 and The Laramie Project had me racked with tears and I felt sick inside at what those people did. The two boys and the terrorists. There were people in that plane and in those towers. Matt Shepard was a person. They had loved ones. Didn't the terrorists and the two boys know that? Im sure they did... but why didn't they care?

Okay, I'm getting really somber and upset right now. I can't take this anymore, I have to stop typing. I... I... I just can't.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][B]I WAS GOING TO WATCH IT, BUT MY FRIENDS MADE ME LISTEN TO THIS CD. I DON'T LISTEN TO MUSIC, AND THEY FIND THAT HORRIFYING. SO I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO SEE IT.[/B][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Please stop posting in all-caps. This is your [b]final[/b] warning. I won't be asking you again.

As for the WTC documentary...I only saw a little bit of it, as I do'nt know if it was shown here or not...I think it was, but I think I missed it.

In any case...when I first saw the WTC being hit (I saw it live), I was in total shock.

I continued watching...and when the first tower came down, I was just staring with a tear running down my cheek. It totally flawed me. I've never had such a strong reaction to anything in my life.

The idea that someone can be so cruel as to kill so many people like that...and the thought of the pain and sheer terror that those people went through is just impossible to imagine.

It definitely demonstrated how brave the firefighters were.

Under the circumstances...they knew that the building was on the verge of collapsing (how could you not have known, given the sounds and sights?)...and thus, that is why I assume they went no further.

Still, for them to even go into the building when all that debris was falling...it's something that would absolutely terrify me. I don't know how I'd have felt if I were actually there...but I think I'd probably need counseling for a long time after something like that. :([/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]Please stop posting in all-caps. This is your [b]final[/b] warning. I won't be asking you again.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Crap, I thought it looked good, too. Ah well. Sorry. I'll go edit my latest post.:D

[COLOR=purple]What did America ever do to Osama bin Laden? No seriously, I want to know. What did we do to offend them so much? How could we have caused them to have so much hatred and disrespect for us that they thought it would be holy to fly into a tower, crash into the white house, and fly a plane into the camp where the president was?

I think you're right James. They probably did, minus one, know the towers would come down. The one guy said he thought they were just gonna go up, put the fire out, and leave, but then I think he reliquished the idea when they started hearing people jump.

One of the firefighters said, "How bad could it have been up there that they had to jump?"

Now I have one question, see how did they HEAR they windows breaking? Yes people were breaking them and jumping, but they were jumping from like a hundred floors up. There was no need to jump from any further down, unless you were stupid.

But the crunch of the glass breaking was unbearable to hear. I'm so glad that the cameraman never showed any bodies hitting the ground, I most likely would have vomited. Just the thought of the whole incident is enough to make one sick.

How can a person care [i]that little[/i] about human lives?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i]
[B][COLOR=purple]What did America ever do to Osama bin Laden? No seriously, I want to know. What did we do to offend them so much? How could we have caused them to have so much hatred and disrespect for us that they thought it would be holy to fly into a tower, crash into the white house, and fly a plane into the camp where the president was?

[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Compared to Bin Laden, we the "western devil" stepped foot on his holy land.... and then proceeded to stay there during the gulf war... that land is Saudi Arabia... where we HELPED Osama Bin laden.... and trained his men.... he's an religious extremist, blinded by his own faith, and stupid by his own morals...

I want to know how they just happened to have a documentery on that. I mean, did a tv crew just happen to be inside the building, and follow the firefighters in, and see the first casualty? how do you know it was the first casualty? How do they know for sure, can they prove it?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]I want to know how they just happened to have a documentery on that. I mean, did a tv crew just happen to be inside the building, and follow the firefighters in, and see the first casualty? how do you know it was the first casualty? How do they know for sure, can they prove it? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well at the time, two french brothers were doing a documentory on the life of a fireman... in this case, how a boy becomes a man... they were going to document the life of this probational firefighter, named Tony... they were in NYC... and it just so happened, one of the french guys was out filming one of the squads doing a rutine gas leak fix... thats when the first plane hit.. and that squad was the first one the scene.... they didn't plan on it to happen, the camera man just went with them.

It wasn't the first casulty per say... it was the first documented casulty... one they knew of for sure... I'm sure alot of people died before the priest did, esspecially when the planes hit, however they were not documented... thats why his number is 00001 on his death certificate/