OtakuBoards

Connection between Final fantasies

The 8th MS Team

Storywise, there isn't any...but all the objects like the summons, class systems (maybe not so much in FF7 and 8) and magic are all there. Not to mention Cid, Biggs and Wedge...I don't know how long they've been in the FF series and gotten beaten up/killed...There was this other guy named Johnny, I think...who was in a couple FF's.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]ummmmm not every game had summons... and the only spells that are in them all is cure, fire, ice, lightning and im not even sure if that was in them all... i dont remember any chocobos in the first one, and cid was not in them all...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]um... something tells me your wrong... banon isnt in all of them im pretty sure of that... when will you people realize... there are 12 FF's and 2 remakes... there is no character in common, not all of them have summon, not all have chocobos, even less have moggles, they all dont even multiple playable characters... if yall keep posting thoughs that are the same that are already posted... ur just nuts and spamming since it been said before[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]um... something tells me your wrong... banon isnt in all of them im pretty sure of that... when will you people realize... there are 12 FF's and 2 remakes... there is no character in common, not all of them have summon, not all have chocobos, even less have moggles, they all dont even multiple playable characters... if yall keep posting thoughs that are the same that are already posted... ur just nuts and spamming since it been said before[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't really consider the other two games part of the main series.

The main series currently consists of ten games, from Final Fantasy through to Final Fantasy X.

Games like Final Fantasy Tactics aren't direct sequels, they are really offshoots...they are basically side stories to the primary franchise.

The main series has several major links, but those links don't always follow through to every single game, just to the majority of them.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]true i didnt count the two remakes as part of the series... that y there were there own group... but in america not all of the games were relesed i didnt think... it went from 3 to 7... so you have 1,2,3,7,8,9, adventure, legends, legends 2, legends 3, and MQ
tactics... can be considered one... but i dont count it... less im counting games in general... but both remakes shouldnt count... thou i think anthologies does have one game that didnt come out in the US... but i may be wrong i never got it or played it...

but 1 doesnt have most all the things yall are talking about so i dont even have to branch out to say no the the common threads[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by firemac [/i]
[B]
you are going into the other FF series aren't you like legends I think, well I'm talking aboutthe main FF series, oh they all have Final Fantasy in their title [/B][/QUOTE]

Okay,All Final Fantasy's are in the main series,And AJ2K1 4 Life,Stop talking like a Fudgeing N|gga!It makes you look like a idiot.Okay,Here is a list off all the things the Final Fantasy's have in commen.

-All have some sort of fighting system.

-All have Equipable Weapons.

-All have Playable charectars.

-Always the strongest Weapon is a type of Sword.

-All have Midi's in them.

-All originaly made by Square,Then transfered into english by SquareSoft.

-All have Magic.

-All are really cool.

Here is a list off stuff they don't have incommen.

-Not all have Class System(That's why Final Fantasy VII sucks.).

-Not all have Moogles.

-Not all have Cacturs.

-Not all have a RPG Story line.

-Not all have Chocobo's.

-Not all have limits.

-Not all have airships or submarines or the like.

-Not all where on Playstation.

-Basicly everything AJ2K1 4 Life said they had in commen,Which is actualy lots of things they don't have in commen.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]true i didnt count the two remakes as part of the series... that y there were there own group... but in america not all of the games were relesed i didnt think... it went from 3 to 7... so you have 1,2,3,7,8,9, adventure, legends, legends 2, legends 3, and MQ
tactics... can be considered one... but i dont count it... less im counting games in general... but both remakes shouldnt count... thou i think anthologies does have one game that didnt come out in the US... but i may be wrong i never got it or played it...

but 1 doesnt have most all the things yall are talking about so i dont even have to branch out to say no the the common threads[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Anthologies did have another one. it had ff5. With Bartz, Gaulf, Faris etc...

[QUOTE][B]-All have Playable charectars.

-Always the strongest Weapon is a type of Sword.

-All have Midi's in them.

-All are really cool.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]nope not even these are all right...
adventure was like zelda... only one character... not characters...
in either 2 or 3 there were ninja stars that were actually stronger than the sword, and what is a midi? u mean music?
mystic quest was NOT cool

an no they dont all have something to do w/ norse mythology sorry... cause norse is vikings and that has only been the recent ones... i believe legend 2 had greek gods not norse... and the danish are not greek... well not offically[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Well, one of the most common links between the Final Fantasy games is of course, love.

Love is the primary or secondary subject matter in most Final Fantasy games (perhaps not all, but most). Think about it. The stories have always had some focus on love as a primary theme throughout the game...

And by the way, if you're going to count all those side-games, then you might as well count Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon too lol.

I'm talkin' Final Fantasy 1 through to Final Fantasy 10 (and possibly including Tactics).

But that's really all I'm referring to.

Guest Voodookanaka
certain names do keep getting re-used, Terra, Cid, etc...

they refer to one another - In FF9 zidane refers to cloud on a couple of occasions, (in weapons store, and near the end)

I think its all sort of based on one world, loads of timelines.

[SIZE=4][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]if it were all one world and different timelines... how come you never hear of the witches till 8... or even the original witch till then... and 7 the world is F'ed up by sepherioth... the worlds dont really match in any way if you look at earth you can trace the continents moving and things... and in 3 the world was F'ed up lol... ack thunderstorm ill be back in a few hours after college:( [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Guest Voodookanaka
no what I mean is...hmmm..this is gonna be hard to explain........Its like....what could have happened......If youve ever read the book theif of time (i think thats the one) every so often it says, then the world exploded.... and then carries on with the story, its the same sort of thing, but I dont mean from he moment the world was created, I mean as the universe exploded, and so each trouser leg (einstein) overlaps ever so slightly.