OtakuBoards

Are Legendaries Wotrh It?

Char!

The way I see it is that Legendary Pokémon aren't worth it. In R/B/Y, the legendary birds and Mewtwo are powerful Pokémon to get. Too powerful, many would say, and consider those with such Pokémon in their lineups cheaters. Plus, going about trying to capture them is too darn hard, and too many people just copy MasterBalls instead.

The same is true in G/S/C. The 3 dogs, Ho-oh, Lugia... They're even harder to get, and people still don't like lineups consisting of them! I've been noticing this and think that legendaries are a waste of our time... Add your thoughts here.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=3][color=blue]

Yes, I agree. I didn't even bother to try and get the legendary dogs and the game was so stupid I burned them. Don't get me wrong I am still a fan but the game definetly needs a way new storyline. They is why it gets so old. Digimon got some new ideas and ways in the show that is why it is still so popular.[/size][/color]

Well, in crystal Suicanes easy to catch. But Raiko and the electric one are really hard to find. There worth it though. Mewtwo, is defiently worth it. The only rare pokemon that i think isnt worth the try is :ball: Mew:ball:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B]The way I see it is that Legendary Pokémon aren't worth it. In R/B/Y, the legendary birds and Mewtwo are powerful Pokémon to get. Too powerful, many would say, and consider those with such Pokémon in their lineups cheaters. Plus, going about trying to capture them is too darn hard, and too many people just copy MasterBalls instead.

The same is true in G/S/C. The 3 dogs, Ho-oh, Lugia... They're even harder to get, and people still don't like lineups consisting of them! I've been noticing this and think that legendaries are a waste of our time... Add your thoughts here. [/B][/QUOTE]

i think other than mew mewtow and lugia they suck maby its jus me favoring psychics but they prove better in matches my best ground pysic is mew2 and my best flying (you gotta have a flying on your team) is lugia i dont have mew but i really want celebi even though its grass.

[color=green]Well, they're good for your battle score, and your lineup. I just think that people don't like seeing just Legendaries in they're lineup, you know, they peobably want to see pokemon other than legendaries. :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zachary [/i]
[B]Well, in crystal Suicanes easy to catch. But Raiko and the electric one are really hard to find. There worth it though. Mewtwo, is defiently worth it. The only rare pokemon that i think isnt worth the try is :ball: Mew:ball: [/B][/QUOTE]
But I'm saying, people don't like to see Mewtwos in lineups, which I agree is kind of bad. My old lineup consisted of Mewtwo, along with Articuno [b]and[/b] Zapdos. Now I feel like a cheater for using such Pokés in my lineup. So what I'm sayin' is, if people don't like lineups with legendaries, why go to the trouble of tryin' to capture one?

I think all Legendary Pokemons are worth catching and owning, because the main goal is to catch them all, as said on the cover of the games "[b]Gotta Catch Em All[/b]".

But thats not the only reason why I think Legendaries are important the way I see it, is every different Pokemon has its own stats and ability, which that differs every Pokemon from themselves.

Sure most people wouldn't really want to have Mewtwo in their line-ups since Mewtwo has a reputation as a "[b]cheating pokemon"[/b] to use.

Some may not want them in their line-ups but I bet they sure do wanna catch them and have a chance see how the Pokemon is for themselves.;)

I just don't see the point in having to catch almost uncatchable Pokémon that you're basically not allowed to use.

Then again, to argue with myself, by what I'm saying I shouldn't catch [b]any[/b] Pokémon that I don't intend to use in my lineup.

On the other hand, I may use them in a future lineup, who knows? But if you're not allowed to use legendary Pokémon, then what's the point?

I'm practicing for Debate, can y'tell?;)

[B] But if you're not allowed to use legendary Pokémon, then what's the point?

I'm practicing for Debate, can y'tell?;) [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure everyone is allowed to use a Legendary Pokemon once they catched them.

But if you're trying to say that if people were in a situation where they cannot use Legendary Pokemons, then you can always just read their information in the Pokedex or just catch them to add it in your collection of Pokemons.

No, Treble, I'm saying that people who use legendaries are considered cheaters because legendaries are too strong. So people don't want to use them. That's what I mean when I say people basically aren't allowed to use them.

I suppose you're right; one would want to catch them just to add them to the Pokédex. But the Pokédex itself is overrated. I don't think a person has to catch all of them to complete the game. You beat the Elite Four to complete it, and in G/S/C's case, Red too.

Look at me, sayin you shouldn't catch 'em all and I have all the Pokés...

Heh good point, I know legendary Pokemons are rare and powerful Pokemons which mainly considered cheaters most of the time.But if a person want to be top-notch pokemon trainer then I think it is an good oppertunity to try and figure different strageties to beat the legendary Pokemons, and become a better player.

I wasn't trying to say that catching all the Pokemons would complete the game, I was just saying that it is the main goal in the game besides battling trainers.

But nonetheless you do have a good point.;)

[B]No, Treble, I'm saying that people who use legendaries are considered cheaters because legendaries are too strong. So people don't want to use them. That's what I mean when I say people basically aren't allowed to use them.
[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=green]I don't listen to all that useless crap. The aim of the game is to get all the pokemon. And the legendaries are part of all the pokemon. It doesn't mean you have to battle with them though..... I do though, even if people say all the "cheater" crap, atleast I have about a 50% better chance of beating them. :D[/color]

it doesn't matter what Pokemon you chose to battle with they are your Pokemon to use.
If it was regarded as cheating to use tLegands, then why did they put them in the game in the first Place? surely they would have done with what they done with mew, make it so that you win them.

I don't consider this way of battling cheating, i never have and never will.

Why do People think they are cheating when used?

If your so clever answer me that!

i myself go for only one legendary and then go with regular ones

like this team i had that....even though the attacks were not that good...my team we unstopable......

1:granbull...
thunderbolt
surf
bite
????? forgot one

2:charizard
fireblast
dragonrage
slash
fire spin

3:blastois
surf
hydropump
skullbash
mega kick

4:venasaur
solarbeam
vinewhip
skull bash
body slam

5:raichu
thunder
slam
mega punch ( i think)
agillity

6: lugia
aeroblast
protect
hyper beam
tri beam

thats a team i like...one legendary......and the rest all normal

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Paul [/i]
[B]it doesn't matter what Pokemon you chose to battle with they are your Pokemon to use.
If it was regarded as cheating to use tLegands, then why did they put them in the game in the first Place? surely they would have done with what they done with mew, make it so that you win them.

I don't consider this way of battling cheating, i never have and never will.

Why do People think they are cheating when used?

If your so clever answer me that! [/B][/QUOTE]

C'mon, Paul, what you're saying doesn't work out. Think time-wise. The creators didn't know that people would regard them as too powerful to use. They created them, then the players rejected them, so to speak.

To further another point, take this example into consideration: You're going into a linked battle against one of your friends whp has been playing as long as you. You've put your sweat and hard work making a successful team, of a variety of different strengths. Then your friend comes with a team of six Lv. 100 Mewtwos, or something else like that.

He pounds you. He thrashes you. He whips your team's butts. Wouldn't you consider that cheating on his part? I mean, he takes all the strongest Pokémon which hardly need to be raised at all, when you've put all this work into your team, of whom you've raised from low, low levels. Wouldn't you lose some sort of respect for your friend? I'm sorry to say, but I would.

SS, I don't agree when you say that many teams can go without a Legendary. I say that [i]all[/i] teams can go without a Legendary. I'm not yet convinced that Legendaries are worth any experienced trainer's time...

:lecture: :lecture: :lecture:

Oh, don't take any of my rants personally, by the way... ;)

[color=green]Well, I think if it was considered cheating, they would've only made them available through cheats, like Mew and Celebi.

I don't know, I'm convinced they're worth the time, it kinda makes your team..... valuable.... :rolleyes:[/color]

[size=1]

I don't think any of them are worth it. I use the weak pokemon and then train them until they are destructive beasts!

(I had a Weedle at level 100 hehehe! Just used him and beat everyone that battled me lol!)[/size]

Guest Shift
[SIZE=1][COLOR=crimson]I agree with Charmander, I mean you wouldn't believe the length that I went to, to get Raikou, Suicune, and Entei on silver when I could just have easily gotten a normal Pokémon. For example: Icould replace Raikou with Jolteon or Raichu, I could replace Suicune with Blastoise, and I could have replaced Entei with Flareon or Charizard. The only reason I capture them now is to complete my Poké-dex! [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Well I thought they were easy to catch, I mean, it took me half an hour to catch them all..... though it took me longer to catch the Three Legendary Birds.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=crimson]How in the heck did it only take you a half an hour?!! It took me so much longer than that just ask Nerdsy!![/COLOR] [/SIZE]

actully i think they are kind off cos their powerful!
well my lil bro caught 2 lengendary dogs or 3 im not sure but in 2 different versons.. they like jump around everywhere!
so its hard 2 get them....
but i ratter stick with my mew!

[size=1][color=crimson]

I tried to get the three legendary dogs for weeks and I ran into them but never had a chance to get them. They just run their first turn and they always have the first turn. It isn't fair!:bawl:

Oh and on my blue version, I raise Mew. On that one verson pack I have 89 Mews' lol! That may be hard to believe but it is very true.[/size][/color]