OtakuBoards

Are Legendaries Wotrh It?

Char!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herman Nation [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=crimson]How in the heck did it only take you a half an hour?!! It took me so much longer than that just ask Nerdsy!![/COLOR] [/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
I just kept walking to and from towns until one of them had their locations on the route I was on. It surprised, they switched pretty quick....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i believe u could of had 89 mews!
u can like dupacate them!
my lil bro did with my mewtwo...
o wells!
well my lil bro once ran into a etel *cant spell* then he threw pokeball and his box was full!
then he kept running after it and gave up!

• 1 month later...
Guest imcuneo
Don't you have to like, half Trade (kinda) to duplicate the pokes? Or is there an other way?

[color=indigo]Well, I know that if you turn off the game at the right time while trading, there'll be one of the Pokémon on both games... But, you risk deleting your saved game when you do this, because you're turning off the game while it's transfering data from one to the other. There might be other ways of duplicating Pokémon, but I don't know of them. Personally (as you should know, imcuneo), I won't even try and duplicate Pokémon. I didn't even want to use the missingno glitch to get my team up to level 100, but both my friends did, so I also had to, if I wanted to stand a chance when I battled them.

Using Legendary Pokémon in your team is not cheating. I think you're confusing cheating with being cheap. Using a GameShark, or the missingno glitch, or duplicating Pokémon is cheating; something that can't/shouldn't happen normally in your game. Being cheap would be getting six Mewtwos from playing through the game six times, and then using them all together in the same team. That's not cheating, because you got the six Mewtwos legitimately; you didn't use a glitch, such as that duplication trick I mentioned above, so you technically didn't cheat. It's [i]really[/i] cheap, but it's not cheating.

So when you say using Mewtwo and other Legendary Pokémon in your team is cheating, I think you mean that it's cheap. If you cought the Pokémon legitimately, without using duplication glitches or other things like that, then it's not cheating. Cheating and being cheap are often confused, and I think that's what has happened here.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B]

C'mon, Paul, what you're saying doesn't work out. Think time-wise. The creators didn't know that people would regard them as too powerful to use. They created them, then the players rejected them, so to speak.

To further another point, take this example into consideration: You're going into a linked battle against one of your friends whp has been playing as long as you. You've put your sweat and hard work making a successful team, of a variety of different strengths. Then your friend comes with a team of six Lv. 100 Mewtwos, or something else like that.

He pounds you. He thrashes you. He whips your team's butts. Wouldn't you consider that cheating on his part? I mean, he takes all the strongest Pokémon which hardly need to be raised at all, when you've put all this work into your team, of whom you've raised from low, low levels. Wouldn't you lose some sort of respect for your friend? I'm sorry to say, but I would.

SS, I don't agree when you say that many teams can go without a Legendary. I say that [i]all[/i] teams can go without a Legendary. I'm not yet convinced that Legendaries are worth any experienced trainer's time...

:lecture: :lecture: :lecture:

Oh, don't take any of my rants personally, by the way... ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hes only cheating by using a gameshark , anyway i didn't reject the legandary pokemon. i love 'em.

Just to prove this i will show you my favorite one:

[url]http://mmstn05.sac2.fastsearch.net/thumbnail?cmd=key¶m=23161950[/url]

Its the one on the right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who of you use Arcanine?

[color=indigo]Combined the double-post. - Desbreko[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I didn't even want to use the missingno glitch to get my team up to level 100, but both my friends did, so I also had to, if I wanted to stand a chance when I battled them.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]If you had waited and raised your Pokè's by training, you would have stood more than just a chance against them. You would have had the higher stats, and then you'd have the advantage.

Anyway, on to Legendaries... I say they're worth having. Of course, I wouldn't use them in just a casual battle. I'd only use them in a premeditated Legendary against Legendary battle. Those can be quite difficult to win.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]If you had waited and raised your Pokè's by training, you would have stood more than just a chance against them. You would have had the higher stats, and then you'd have the advantage.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]I would have done that, except that by the time I would've been done raising my team they were tired of the game... So, it was either get totally trashed all the time and never have a chance to trash [i]them[/i] with my normally raised team, or have fun battling them... So, um, yeah... I wanted to have fun. We actually got some pretty long battles going, and it was really hard to win.[/color]

Guest ProudClod
the only hard catches in this one are the three legendary dogs, the rest are walkovers.
articuno and zapdos are worth the effort and will definately pay off, on the other hand, moltres its just good for your pokedex.
as for the dogs in gold and silver, all three MUST be caught, theyre the better replacement of the birds, they wont have the added weaknesses of thunder and ice including their opposed elemental weakness.

anyone who turns mewtwo down must have lost their all out poke spirit, IT IS A MUST HAVE IN YOUR SQUAD, it can learn almost any ability and is phsycic, giving it one weakness.

between lugia and ho-oh, it will definately have to be lugia, for all the reasons given to mewtwo, plus it can learn flying abilities. ho-oh isnt really agood one to have in your squad, which is why its better to get silver rather than gold.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ProudClod [/i]
[B]
anyone who turns mewtwo down must have lost their all out poke spirit, IT IS A MUST HAVE IN YOUR SQUAD, it can learn almost any ability and is phsycic, giving it one weakness.[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]The reason most people don't use it is for that very reason: [i]because[/i] it's so powerful and versatile. Since it far outclasses every other Pokèmon, it's considered very cheap to use.

And when you think about it, if somebody decides to take a completely original team, full of many different types of Pokèmon, trains them to their peak, takes weeks to experiment with different movesets, and suddenly, some guy takes a Mewtwo and wipes out 3/4th's of that team with out a sweat... That is just unsportsman-like. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=deeppink]The reason most people don't use it is for that very reason: [i]because[/i] it's so powerful and versatile. Since it far outclasses every other Pokèmon, it's considered very cheap to use.

And when you think about it, if somebody decides to take a completely original team, full of many different types of Pokèmon, trains them to their peak, takes weeks to experiment with different movesets, and suddenly, some guy takes a Mewtwo and wipes out 3/4th's of that team with out a sweat... That is just unsportsman-like. [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]I couldn't have said it better... That's exactly why I don't use Mewtwo in my team anymore. And besides, you can beat a team that has a Mewtwo in it without using Mewtwo yourself. You just have to be good and have an "anti-Mewtwo" Pokémon. My friend has or had a Pokémon that was pretty good at taking down a Mewtwo, and it wasn't even a Dark type (this was before Gold and Silver were released).[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Paul [/i]
[B]If you use Arcainine and you don't like using Legendary Pokemon then why are you useing Arcainine? he is classed as an legendary Pokemon ( in his pokedex entry) [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yes, it says that in the Pokédex, but it's not the same. The reason it's not the same is because you can get more than one per game. With the other Legendary Pokémon, you can only get one of them each time you play through the game. Also, Arcanine isn't super-strong.[/color]

[color=indigo]Well, kind of... But you can also breed those in G/S/C, so they're still not the same... I consider "Legendary Pokémon" to be Pokémon that you only get one of per game and can't breed. Also, you see the Legendary Pokémon outside of battle, at some point or other. Like Zapdos and the other Legendary Birds, you have to walk up to them on the overworld or wherever they are to fight them.[/color]

Guest ProudClod
You took the words right out of my mouth desbreko and nerdsy, i for one have a level 100 mewtwo but never use him unless im playing a stipulation match with my mates. Mewtwo is good to have overall though.

If your tired of mewtwo, a good replacement would be alakazam, hes quick and powerful, lacks defence though, and can practically learn all, if not most, of mewtwos moves.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Paul [/i]
[B]so to a certain extent the three starter Pokemon in each game are legendaries! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=teal][size=1]In a way, yeah. But that's different too, because the three starters aren't super-strong either; they only seem that way because you've raised 'em from level 5, and won the most battles with them.[/color][/size]

Guest ProudClod
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B]

[color=teal][size=1]In a way, yeah. But that's different too, because the three starters aren't super-strong either; they only seem that way because you've raised 'em from level 5, and won the most battles with them.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Wel no, not really, the three starting pokemon are different in stats, one has good attack, one has defence, and one special, it can be determined by how you raise them too, what vitamins you use on them etc. If you use a cheat to enhance them or give them lots of rare candies theyll grow real weak.

I think that they are worth it. Sure there cheap at times but still you need it to complete the game. Also if a guy came with 6 mewtwos and I lost, like a good sport I congrat him and try harder next time. The only pokemon that are cheaters are celiba and mew because you have to use gameshark to get them unless you enter a contest. Also knowing that the legendaries are hard to catch but there nice rosters to your team for when you face the elite (or if you'd rather train all pokemon thats your descision). My point is that legendary pokèmon are not cheap there either worth it or not worth it, it depends on the trainer perspective.

• 2 weeks later...
[color=teal][size=1]Hey, I remember that name at the top of the thread! :wave:

Anyway, yeah, you do need them to finish the game, but that's all I'd ever do with them. They're just... too strong for their own good.[/color][/size]

• 4 weeks later...
I think the only legendary who is cheap is Mewtwo. He isn't really a challenge to catch, he's easy to train and then he is hard to beat because of his grossly increased stats. I think that Artcuno is the best legendary Pokémon and is a real great one to use and I don't think it's cheap. Articuno has his fair share of weaknesses unlike Mewtwo.

I think the Dogs are a waste of time though. All the time I took to catch them all and when you actually get them they have crappy moves and aren't that strong in my experience. I like Zapdos too but I still think that Articuno is the best one.

As for using legendaries in a team 1 or 2 maximum is more than enough. If you have one and the rest of your team are average Pokémon then that's ok. Either way, as long as you've trained a Pokémon well and given it your all with it's moveset then it's not cheap.

I think that's all I have to say here

Although training a Tyranitar is a good idea to counter act a Mewtwo (which I've already done, Tyranitar is one of my favourite Pokémons:D) Most Trainers I know are clever enough to put a fighting move like Submission on they're Mewtwo's to counter the dark beast. I just don't like Mewtwo anyway.....

Nope. Me neither. Mewtwo is just like (expacially in the first movie):
Oh no! He's the strongest pokemon in the world!

But Tyranitar is the strongest.
Except against fighting type, but don't fear Machamp. He's one of the slowest pokemon there is :laugh: