OtakuBoards

good news for europe, australia too

Sephiroth

After years of neglect, PAL gamers are finally getting reparations. While games like Metal Gear Solid 2, Silent Hill 2, and ICO have shipped first in America, the PAL releases have all seen gameplay extras that were left out of the U.S. release and extra bonuses. Now it seems Final Fantasy X is the latest game to be worth the wait for Europeans.

Square Europe announced that PAL version of Final Fantasy X, to be released on May 31st, will be based on the recent International version of the game and will contain all the extra gameplay modes and bosses. In addition, the game will ship with a bonus DVD, "Beyond Final Fantasy," which will feature interviews with the game's creators and the English voice actors, as well as a preview of the upcoming Square / Disney action RPG Kingdom Hearts.

american's, eat your heart out :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]oh, w00tness to a large tangent. Us PAL countries really have it sweet, don't we? :p [/B][/QUOTE]

not really, considering were getting games 6 months after the US -_-

and I hear that ffx will be 50mhz, instead of 60, dammit....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

not really, considering were getting games 6 months after the US -_-

and I hear that ffx will be 50mhz, instead of 60, dammit.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Bah, I don't have a PS2 right now anyway, so I don't really care.. :p

50mhz? Wha? Mesa no get it.. o_O

[B]

Bah, I don't have a PS2 right now anyway, so I don't really care.. :p

50mhz? Wha? Mesa no get it.. o_O [/B][/QUOTE]

speed, basically, how fast the game is, it will be slower on pal than ntsc....as usual -_-

[B]

speed, basically, how fast the game is, it will be slower on pal than ntsc....as usual -_- [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah, I thought so.. Well anyway, does it really matter that much? I mean, 60 to 50 isn't [I]that[/I] big a change, is it? o_O?

[B]

Ah, I thought so.. Well anyway, does it really matter that much? I mean, 60 to 50 isn't [I]that[/I] big a change, is it? o_O? [/B][/QUOTE]

play any fighting game and THEN tell me there's no difference, lol....

its almost slow motion O_o;;;

[SIZE=1]Cool, it was good that we got them special features with Silent Hill 2 and others.

But it sucks that we get it 6 months after the US.

I have a NTSC version of super smash bros. and I see no difference. Meh, that's probably just me.[/SIZE]

[B]

play any fighting game and THEN tell me there's no difference, lol....

its almost slow motion O_o;;; [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]That's rubbish. There is no difference -- no [i]noticeable difference[/i] anyway. It's a myth.

Any slowdown you experience in a fighting game will have nothing to do with the 50Hz setting.

Case in point -- when you play Dreamcast games on 50Hz, the only difference is that you see the black lines on the top and bottom...there is no visible speed difference.

Having said that, I doubt if FFX won't be 60Hz, or at least, have a 60Hz option, since other PS2 games are using this medium as standard.

Moreover, PAL territories are really starting to benefit. Australia has been doing really well this year, getting a lot of exclusive stuff (including the Jet Black GBA).[/color]

[B]american's, eat your heart out :p [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]*starts swearing very loudly*

Why can't [i]we[/i] get any of the extras, huh!? WHY, WHY, WHY!!?!?! We Americans get squat in the way of extras! It's not fair!!!

*beats head on desk*

Well, wait a minute... Maybe they'll include the extras in FFX if they port it to the GCN... That'd be really cool... Of course, if they do port it to the GCN, I'll buy it no matter what.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]That's rubbish. There is no difference -- no [i]noticeable difference[/i] anyway. It's a myth.

Any slowdown you experience in a fighting game will have nothing to do with the 50Hz setting.

Case in point -- when you play Dreamcast games on 50Hz, the only difference is that you see the black lines on the top and bottom...there is no visible speed difference.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I must disagree with you there james, I do indeed notice a speed difference on DC games with the option to play the game at 50 or 60, on 60 there are no borders, and the game plays nice and smoothly, on 50 the black borders are present, and there is a noticeable difference in speed....

I noticed this with phantasy star online, the game even suggests that you play the game at 60 to be able to play with other countries online....

I have two copies of tekken 3 on the ps, one is PAL, the other NTSC, and there is definately a speed difference, which is why I always play the japanese version of the game, rather than the PAL version....

[B]

I must disagree with you there james, I do indeed notice a speed difference on DC games with the option to play the game at 50 or 60, on 60 there are no borders, and the game plays nice and smoothly, on 50 the black borders are present, and there is a noticeable difference in speed....

I noticed this with phantasy star online, the game even suggests that you play the game at 60 to be able to play with other countries online....

I have two copies of tekken 3 on the ps, one is PAL, the other NTSC, and there is definately a speed difference, which is why I always play the japanese version of the game, rather than the PAL version.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]That surprises me greatly. The speed difference between 60Hz and 50Hz is utterly marginal -- most won't notice it.

However, I have personally never seen a difference. I've played NTSC versions of some of my favourite PAL games...yet I've never had any issues like that.

The Australian version of Tekken III ran absolutely smoothly...it was surprisingly quick.

Perhaps this is another case of the UK being screwed over?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]

The Australian version of Tekken III ran absolutely smoothly...it was surprisingly quick.

Perhaps this is another case of the UK being screwed over?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

perhaps it is because you have not played the japanese version of tekken 3? sure the pal version runs smoothly, but compared to its japanese counterpart it runs pretty slow....

and yes, this is a case for the uk being screwed over as usual, lol....

[B]

perhaps it is because you have not played the japanese version of tekken 3? sure the pal version runs smoothly, but compared to its japanese counterpart it runs pretty slow....

and yes, this is a case for the uk being screwed over as usual, lol.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]I've played both the Japan and Australian versions of Tekken 3.

And I didn't see a single speed difference.

In fact, the Japanese games are often worse than their Australian counterparts, as by the time the games reach Australia, they are often improved and bugs are fixed.

The best example of this would be Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast. Sega fixed up all the major camera issues in the game and as a result, the Australian version was the most "complete" of the various world versions.

So certainly, within the PAL territories (which is most of the world), different publishers must expect different levels of quality for the finished product.

Anyway, I'm certainly looking forward to the FFX International version hitting our shores. :)[/color]

I guess it may be noticeable with Limit Breaks (Overdrives) or summons, but sometimes you just need that slow bit to get into the depth of the strength(*looks around, ignore me*) But it can be quite frustrating entering the battles slowly.