OtakuBoards

Any interested in Astronomy?

Amphion

Yes I love it all! I don't have a telescope...but I'll sit ontop of my roof at night and stare at the stars for hours....its cool evan in the middle of a busy city....at night I can be in my own world with the stars!! its really cool cuz like you said they really do make you think...heh....you'll conjure all sorts of freaky theorys about space and time...:whoops: but I could read and read and read and never get bored!! Thats what I love about space...there is always something new to find...and even us amatuers can get on in the fun...we don't have to be proffesionals to see the same thing!

I think astronomy is a very interesting topic. There is so much to learn about the planets, moons, sun and basically the whole Universe and it's galaxies. One of the main things that keeps me constantly interested in astronomy is that we will never know everything about the Universe. It will always remain a mystery.

Yeah...and I also like the fact...that unless its already proven...most theorys can be true....ya know....I could think up something and hey its possible!! I mean anything is possible with space! I could say that white holes are the backs of black holes...and its possible....its really cool! I love that! And its SOOO big! I mean it deals with numbers we can't even comprehend!! Heck..we can only see so far back...only about 15 billion years if I am correct...thats as far as light can travel in that amount of time...but think of whats out there that we can't see....it just racks the brain!

I find it very fascinating to know that once the sun, being a regular medium - sized star, expands and burns up the inner planets....including the earth, it's gravitational pull will suck away Jupiter's hydrogen mass so that, once Jupiter shrinks into a dense ball of heavy elements, it could become another earth. I find this quite interesting....even though it won't happen for another 5 billion years or so.

Stars are cool to look at. You just wonder if there is more to the universe because its so big. I heard a new theory about how the universe started: It says the universe started as a small space, and just multiplied in size at the rate of 10 to the 13th power, and is still growing at that rate. It dosn't make a whole lot of sense, but like DuoGod said, anything is possible.

I think a few of you touched on this, but I think the most attractive thing about Astronomy and outer space in general is the fact that we know very little about it. With out knowing much, like in the old, old days, we are able to let our imaginations go and theorize our selves about what its like and what it contains. most of the things you here about space are only theory in the first place. You can gaze up and wonder if someone is gazing back wondeirng the same thing you are. Im pretty sure one day we will harness the power to explore the universe but it want be in our life time. We have a long ways to go. Think about it, We are not even close to reaching lightspeed, traveling to the nearest galaxy or star still takes like a 1000 light years.

I think our genereations will be the ones to take the initial steps, but we will never see it ourselves.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B][color=green]Just out of curiosity, does Astrology include anything else other then the stuff out in space? Like..... daylight? The UV rays from the sun? Anything like that?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, Astronomy does include the Sun's UV rays and daylight if you are relating it to the atmosphere of the earth and other planets.

[color=royalblue]I think that astronomy is an incredibly interesting subject. It is also a very philosophical subject -- focusing on the Universe around us...and what makes humans as a species unique.

I am particularly hopeful that I will see mankind land on Mars in my lifetime...and I hope that in my lifetime, space travel will become much cheaper and more accessible.

Other than that, it's interesting to learn about the Universe -- to discover more about our own planet...and more about the evolution of Earth and how it relates to the rest of the Universe.

I think it's hard [i]not[/i] to be interested in astronomy, at least on some level. :)[/color]

Hey, you guys are referring to astronomy and astrology as if they're the same thing. Astronomy is just the study of the stars, heavenly bodies, etc. etc. etc. Astrology is such a different thing though. Astrology is some made-up "science" that people supposedly use to tell you things about yourself and your future. Like when people say stuff like "Venus rising in Capricorn" or something like that.

As for my opinion on the initial question, I don't care much for astronomy. My sister is really into it, she wants to work at NASA, but I'm not too interested in it at all.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kakkarot ssj4 [/i]
[B]i have a 10 inch truss style scope..i have documented all of the messier and most of the caldwall..

i have seen hundreds of celestial objects..for all of u who thnk i am like 60 i am actualy 16..

i also made the telescope mysself..it was really fun.. [/B][/QUOTE]

You made a telescope....that's so cool... You must be completely in to this kind of thing. Is this like a hobby thing or are you planning on making a career out of it?:)

Guest AnTiPiG666
:flaming: :devil: Astronomy,trillions of constalations is there life in the other realms? In the past dementions has there been intelligent life all along have we not noticed any strange activity or are we to stupid to actually look for intelligent life.If there is no intelligent life out there isnt it a waste of space.Think about it what makes astronomic phisics cool is that it keeps you guessing.