OtakuBoards

Over-pertective parents

Guest BulmaVegeta1

I'm about to graduate college and my parents still come EVERY MONTH from OREGON!!! To make me take drug and pregnancy tests! It's insane. Then they inspect my dorm from top to bottom. When I graduate I'm going to move to good 'ol Mexico, change my name to Diego Enrique Diez and remain unlisted for the rest of my life.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by phoenixflames [/i]
[B]I'm about to graduate college and my parents still come EVERY MONTH from OREGON!!! To make me take drug and pregnancy tests! It's insane. Then they inspect my dorm from top to bottom. When I graduate I'm going to move to good 'ol Mexico, change my name to Diego Enrique Diez and remain unlisted for the rest of my life. [/B][/QUOTE]
woah freaky, I'm going to a christain college @ the other end of town (when I'm done with juinor high & high school). Of course my parents have volenteered to let me live with them. I don't care if I have to flip hamburgers and do a million other odd jobs I'LL WILL MOVE OUT @ THE END OF HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Guest BulmaVegeta1
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]I've earned my parent's trust, and now they only tell me this:
"No drugs, no smokes, no drinking."

I have yet to break that rule (except for 1 little accident with wine). [/B][/QUOTE]
Drinking wine isn't a big deal unless you drink a lot. My dad usually let's me drink s little bit of his wine sometimes, but I don't like to drink. My dad has a bar at our house filled with all this exotic liquors and stuff I've never even heard of. And I never even touch it. Drinking isn't my thing. Neither is smoking. But my dad always tells me that one day I'll love to drink and get drunk and all that other stuff. But I hope he's not right cuz I've been told of what happens when you get drunk.:nervous: Death, preageancy, anything can happen, because you don't know what you're doing when you're drunk.

[color=green]My parents are the same way and i'm 15. They never let me do anything with my friends, so the whole week I just sit at home and do nothing when I could be doing something. Sometimes I just feel like screaming I feel so locked up. This only goes on on the weekdays, but on the weekend I can go to friends houses. Also, they won't let me go on the computer because they are scared I will mess up the computer, so I go on at school. So, I know exactly how you feel. But, I can usually find things to do in my room, write listen to music, watch TV, whatever I can find to do. Hopefully soon they will realize I can take care of myself.[/color]

...getting into the topic late (as always, it seems)...

i wrote the damn book on this subject. a lot of my friends call me carrie, from the stephen king book, b/c my parents are fanatically overprotective like carrie's mom. but that's not the point i'm trying to make.

i'm not saying it's my parents' fault, but my brothers & i are all completely rebellious. i think if we had had more liberties when we were growing up, we wouldn't have gone so wild when we had the chance. to this day we all have huge problems w/ authority & being told what to do.

anyway, we didn't really care about my parents' rules too much. we just did whatever we wanted anyway. thank god i had a first-floor window, lol.

ignore me, i can be such a bad influence at times. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BulmaVegeta1 [/i]
[B]
Drinking wine isn't a big deal unless you drink a lot. My dad usually let's me drink s little bit of his wine sometimes, but I don't like to drink. My dad has a bar at our house filled with all this exotic liquors and stuff I've never even heard of. And I never even touch it. Drinking isn't my thing. Neither is smoking. But my dad always tells me that one day I'll love to drink and get drunk and all that other stuff. But I hope he's not right cuz I've been told of what happens when you get drunk.:nervous: Death, preageancy, anything can happen, because you don't know what you're doing when you're drunk. [/B][/QUOTE]
I totally agree with you!!!!!! Some of my family members drink, and it hightens my senses 100X. I think alcohol never should have been invented, why get drunk and high on drugs when you can do the same thing with sugar and not mess up your brain!!!!!
It seems weird when my parents tell me not to do drugs. I mean that I wouldn't do them anyway even if they never metioned it.
Besides, most people claim I'm a :angel:

Guest BulmaVegeta1
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen_Isanity [/i]
[B]
I totally agree with you!!!!!! Some of my family members drink, and it hightens my senses 100X. I think alcohol never should have been invented, why get drunk and high on drugs when you can do the same thing with sugar and not mess up your brain!!!!!
It seems weird when my parents tell me not to do drugs. I mean that I wouldn't do them anyway even if they never metioned it.
Besides, most people claim I'm a :angel: [/B][/QUOTE]
(This does not go to anyone under 21)It won't kill you just to enjoy a beer or a glass of wine, just as long as you don't have too much. See, that's the problem. And what if alcohol wasn't ever invented? Then what other thing would've been created in it's place? It's all those immature grown-ups and teenagers that drink that cause accidents and death to other people or themselves. That's the problem. If people were more responsible, we wouldn't have these problems.

[color=purple]Queen Asuka, I love your rope metaphor.

Sweetie.. if you want to earn your parent's trust, stop being so damn immature. I used to think the same thing, I thought my Mom was put on this Earth to ruin my life and hide behind the mask of Motherhood. Everyone else's parent's let them go out with their friends and have co-ed sleep overs. I thought they were lucky as hell.

Then I decided to grow up.

Your parents believe it or not, actually DO do this stuff because they love you. They don't just say that to make you shut up. They say it because it's true. My mom warned me about these people that I thought were cool. She saw through the fog of coolness that I didn't.
She saw what their parent's were like and knew that affected their kids and 98% of the time, she was right in keeping me away from these people. I hated her for not letting me go, but then as life went on, I saw these kids morph from being cool into being jerks that drank, smoked, took drugs, and were sexually active.

I thank my mom frequently for doing it. She thinks I'm crazy and doesn't believe I'm really thanking her, but I am. Now I'm not a saint, don't think I am. I'm more like BabyGirl. I do crap behind my mom's back.

I've snuck out with my friend Jess'ca at 2 am on a Saturday, which was unbelievable stupid, and walked around my town. I've gone skinnydipping with my friends, and I've gone to Teen Clubs and taken E.

My mom told me not to do any of these, and while she doesn't know I've done any of them, she still trusts me. To a degree. When I was 12 I seriously screwed myself over and pushed my mom to the limit. I never helped around the house, my grades were falling, my attitude sucked, and I was an all around evil b*tch to my mother.

I lost all my time online, I couldn't go to dances, my weekends I was locked in my room and even put on rations. I was only allowed to come downstairs once a day, and that was only if I was cleaning. I was only allowed to go to the bathroom twice a day, and I was lucky if she felt generous enough to give me dinner. Most weekends, I would get crackers and orange juice.

It made me insane and I hated every fiber of my mother's existence. But I had been making life hell for her and I swear I deserved everything I got. I swallowed my pride, which was the best thing I ever did for myself. And I started to do what she asked, without question.

Now, I still have to substanciate being able to go out and see my friends, but I just get it over with and do it anyways. I can go to friend's houses, I can visit my cousins, I can go to dances.

Just quit thinking your parent's are the problem. You have to show them that your worthy of their trust and you won't give in to something you don't want to do. Forget that your even doing it for your parents. Do it for you. And be thankful your parents care about you. My father calls once a year if I'm lucky, never sends any money, and will only do it, if he gets something in return.

Stop being a victim and earn your parent's trust.[/color]

I know that being over-protected is good fer ya. but when youre going to your bus and it comes, and your mom is in the driveway waving to all the kids on the bus, that is sad. I cannot go to one of my best friend's houses and he lives about 5 streets away! I get grounded just because my dad feels like it, and if I complain, it becomes two months! Zero, you can accually go to the mall by yourself! I can even go to sleep by myself! My dad comes into my room every hour, "checking on me." And then they get mad at me for B's on my report card! Waddya expect when you don't get any sleep! If my parents found out that I have a g/f, they'd go ballistic. Everything I do I have to do it behind my parents backs. They say I'm wasting my life playing videogames, it's the only thing that I'm allowed to do with out my parent's consent. If I watch tv, they have to know what channel I'm watching. I'd like to get into a sport, but my parents have filled my head with thoughts of injury or death. I'm scared to walk outside my house!

You think you guys have it bad, whoom wee, you haven't heard nothin from me!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i]
[B][color=purple]

Your parents believe it or not, actually DO do this stuff because they love you. .[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
I know my mom loves me, but unlike you. I don't do things behind my moms back, and yet she thinks I do. She thinks I'm going out behind her back, even though most guys @ 13 are waaaaaaaay imature. I will never do drugs or have intercourse before I'm married. But still my mom watches me like a hawk.
& Mom if you ever read this:
GIVE ME SOME BREATHING ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:help:

Guest Morph
[size=1][color=red]Heh, I know what you mean, over protective parents, not letting you do anything, treating you like your 3, I know, my parents won't lemme have a girlfriend, but I have one anyway, I just say its my friend, and we go somewhere, they wont lemme go alone or with just one person, so I say, me and a group of kids are going to the movies or the mall, when infact, its just me and girlfriend.... But that was with my ex girlfriend, I dont know about my new girlfriend, i love her sooo much!![/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen_Isanity [/i]
[B]
I know my mom loves me, but unlike you. I don't do things behind my moms back, and yet she thinks I do. She thinks I'm going out behind her back, even though most guys @ 13 are waaaaaaaay imature. I will never do drugs or have intercourse before I'm married. But still my mom watches me like a hawk.
& Mom if you ever read this:
GIVE ME SOME BREATHING ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:help: [/B][/QUOTE]

My mom KNOWS I do things I don't tell her about.. she just doesn't know WHAT I do.. she trusts me enough to know that I wouldn't do anything that would put myself in danger.. so she accepts it..

She doesn't worry about you.. its the world around you.. and peer pressure is a b.tch.. she knows that.. and doesn't want you to give into it..

*cough* Some of the guys? *cough*

Most men don't mature until they are in their late 30's early 40's.. then there is the percentage that doesn't mature at all.. Your mom is worried for you..

Be thankful that someone loves you that much..

Sure I know it can be frustrating.. but if you sit down and talk with your mother, even if you've already done it do it again, then the worst that can happen is thigns may stay the same. But usually they change for the better.

It's frustrating.. and it will be until you move out, but if you stop dwelling on how unfair it is and stop focusing on what you can't do and start focusing on what you can, life will become a LOT easier.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BulmaVegeta1 [/i]
[B]I just can't stand it when my mom or dad treats me like I'm a baby or something. They never let me do anything which causes me to stay home all the time to do nothing. Life sux when ur only 12 I guess. My b-day is coming up in May and I'll be 13. Hopefully, they'll finally relize that I'm not 3 anymore. See, I have a friend whom I hardly ever get to see since he's a boy and I'm a girl. My parents think that we'll "do stuff that 12 and 13 year old girls and boys do" and I'm like, "yeah right, like we'd ever do that." I guess they think that we'd make out or something. And because of that I never get to see him. If he's reading this, he'll know exactly what I mean. His mom is so nice and she kinda embrasses us both by saying that I'm her daughter-in-law and stuff like that but we're only good friends. Well, I guess I kinda do like him, but I wish my parents wouldn't be so over pertective like they are because I'd like to see my friends sometimes. Just because he's a boy and I'm a girl dosen't mean that we're gonna "do stuff" like my parents think. Not all 13 year boys are like that, espically my friend! [/B][/QUOTE]

wanna know whats really funny, I am 16, and my parents still treat me like i am at least 10 or 11. it doesn't help that they areSuper Baptist either

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]

Though it has caused some adverse side affects...since I do drink behind their backs...and sometimes lie about where I'm going...and have spent the night at guys' houses...and all of that they have NO idea about.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo] They do now....(in a sing song voice) someone sent this post to Baby Girls Parents na na na na na, Now someone is going to MSU instead of California....:blackeye: ow, I was just kidding BG, you could have at least taken off that ring...

Anyways, be glad your parents are overprotective, at least you know they care about you[/color]

[COLOR=blue]Well I am used to it..my parents are a little over-protective and I am only 12..(yes I have a b/f but I will never do that stuff they should know that) sometimes I am surprised how my dad can get so freaked when he says a word That I AM NOT SUPOSSE TO KNOW WHAT IT MEENS..but I am 12 it obvios that I should know...I agree with some of yall you should at least care for your parents cause THEY LOVE YOU unlike some kids that get abused or neglected by theres..[/COLOR] :babble:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i]
[B]

She doesn't worry about you.. its the world around you..
*cough* Some of the guys? *cough*

Your mom is worried for you..

Be thankful that someone loves you that much..

Sure I know it can be frustrating.. but if you sit down and talk with your mother, even if you've already done it do it again, then the worst that can happen is thigns may stay the same. But usually they change for the better.

It's frustrating.. and it will be until you move out, but if you stop dwelling on how unfair it is and stop focusing on what you can't do and start focusing on what you can, life will become a LOT easier.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, like I trust men!!!!!! (I have to sit next to a bunch of them and they are nasty!!!!!!)
Anyway I finally figured out my mom is sooooooo over protective.
My sisters (her step daughters) One used to sneek out @ night and the other went to under age drinking parties. Since my dad didn't do anything about it, my mom decides not to trust me either.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Blaze [/i]
[B][size=1][color=red]Heh, I know what you mean, over protective parents, not letting you do anything, treating you like your 3, I know, my parents won't lemme have a girlfriend, but I have one anyway, I just say its my friend, and we go somewhere, they wont lemme go alone or with just one person, so I say, me and a group of kids are going to the movies or the mall, when infact, its just me and girlfriend.... But that was with my ex girlfriend, I dont know about my new girlfriend, i love her sooo much!![/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Dang, fergot to mention that! Well, same here!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]I still believe that if your parents are over protective, at least you know they care about you and your wellbeing. Some kids would kill to be able to say that they're parents actually gave a crap about where they were.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]are you one of them?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]I still believe that if your parents are over protective, at least you know they care about you and your wellbeing. Some kids would kill to be able to say that they're parents actually gave a crap about where they were.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=blue][size=1]Caring is good, but over doing it is not good. They have to realize that you're growing up and not a kid any more [/color][/size]