OtakuBoards

Over-pertective parents

Guest BulmaVegeta1

Guest BulmaVegeta1
I just can't stand it when my mom or dad treats me like I'm a baby or something. They never let me do anything which causes me to stay home all the time to do nothing. Life sux when ur only 12 I guess. My b-day is coming up in May and I'll be 13. Hopefully, they'll finally relize that I'm not 3 anymore. See, I have a friend whom I hardly ever get to see since he's a boy and I'm a girl. My parents think that we'll "do stuff that 12 and 13 year old girls and boys do" and I'm like, "yeah right, like we'd ever do that." I guess they think that we'd make out or something. And because of that I never get to see him. If he's reading this, he'll know exactly what I mean. His mom is so nice and she kinda embrasses us both by saying that I'm her daughter-in-law and stuff like that but we're only good friends. Well, I guess I kinda do like him, but I wish my parents wouldn't be so over pertective like they are because I'd like to see my friends sometimes. Just because he's a boy and I'm a girl dosen't mean that we're gonna "do stuff" like my parents think. Not all 13 year boys are like that, espically my friend!

If they're worried about you now with 13 year old boys then what on earth are they going to be like when it's 16/17 year old boys??? :eek:

Thankfully my mum has never been over protective like that...although she hates me sleeping in the same room as one because "it is more likely to lead into other things" to which I reply when I'm in a bad mood over it cause her 3month bf HAS to share her bed and just CAN'T sleep on the sofa "yea but you already know I've lost it - and if we wanted to we'd do it anyway - so what's the point!?"

Guest BulmaVegeta1
Someone once told me this: "Be glad that your parents are overpertective." I thought, yeah, and let them ruin my life? I can understand them being worried about certain things like letting me travel to Japan by myself, or other things. But with my friends? That, is something I cannot stand!

[color=crimson]When my parents try to do that I tell them to F- Off. Its my life, they have to deal with the fact I'm not udner their control. I am me, and thats all I ever will be. If I do something wrong, and I know it, i'll be responsible enough to take the blame, I dont need their help...

I am an independant person... They are the ones that have to deal with it...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BulmaVegeta1 [/i]
[B]Someone once told me this: "Be glad that your parents are overpertective." I thought, yeah, and let them ruin my life? I can understand them being worried about certain things like letting me travel to Japan by myself, or other things. But with my friends? That, is something I cannot stand! [/B][/QUOTE]

They wont ruin your life. Its good to have overprotective parents. Sometimes it may seem awkward, but you havent seen the same world they have.

[B]I just can't stand it when my mom or dad treats me like I'm a baby or something. They never let me do anything which causes me to stay home all the time to do nothing. Life sux when ur only 12 I guess. My b-day is coming up in May and I'll be 13. Hopefully, they'll finally relize that I'm not 3 anymore. See, I have a friend whom I hardly ever get to see since he's a boy and I'm a girl. My parents think that we'll "do stuff that 12 and 13 year old girls and boys do" and I'm like, "yeah right, like we'd ever do that." I guess they think that we'd make out or something. And because of that I never get to see him. If he's reading this, he'll know exactly what I mean. His mom is so nice and she kinda embrasses us both by saying that I'm her daughter-in-law and stuff like that but we're only good friends. Well, I guess I kinda do like him, but I wish my parents wouldn't be so over pertective like they are because I'd like to see my friends sometimes. Just because he's a boy and I'm a girl dosen't mean that we're gonna "do stuff" like my parents think. Not all 13 year boys are like that, espically my friend! [/B][/QUOTE]
I know how you feel. My parents once heard on the news (during when that one girl was missing & they were blaming it on a dude from congress) that 55,000 girls are missing & the FBI hasn't done anything yet about it. Well, obiouslly my mom totally freaked (almost locked me in my room forever) & My dad freaked but not as much cuz he won't shut up about it. So now I can't leave the street without an adult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I live on a coultisec)

My mom doesn't trust any of friends... she thinks that they are all [B]drug addicted Nymhpo's[/B]... she doesn't trust me because I ditched one day of school way back during freshman year...which was 3 years ago!!! and I haven't done anything since, I mean she lets my little brother who is 13 do anything he freaking wants...but she can't trust her 17 year old daughter

[B].....Well, I guess I kinda do like him .....[/B][/QUOTE]

I think this proves why your parents are "overprotective".

Parents are worried about your safety, that's their job description, line 3 bullet point 9. Seriously though, they've raised to this point, and when you hit teenager hormones start going crazy (so they think) and it frightens them beacuse they know how [I] they[/I] felt at this age and what they did. Be happy that your parents care that much about you, because in a few years you will seriously thank them that they protected your from drugs, alcohol, std's and all the other things that go wrong for some kids.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by asar [/i]
[B]

Parents are worried about your safety, that's their job description, line 3 bullet point 9. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]:rotflmao: Hehe, that made me laugh!

Yeah, I agree with you, asar. When I was 12, I too felt as though my parents were being WAY too overprotective and crap like that. Truth is, they NEED to be that way, as old as you may THINK you are...you're only 12 (soon 13, yes)...they have many years of wisdom that far exceed yours.

I'm 17 and my parents are still pretty protective...I think it comes from being the eldest female child...the oldest always gets the most "protective parenting" -__-

Even though they're still looking out for me, it's just that: [i]they're looking out for me.[/i] The things they have prevented me from doing have many times kept me out of trouble.

Though it has caused some adverse side affects...since I do drink behind their backs...and sometimes lie about where I'm going...and have spent the night at guys' houses...and all of that they have NO idea about.

Just don't go looking for trouble...it'll [i]save[/i] you lots of trouble in the future. Just realize that your parents want the best for you, and I apologize for this being so long :toothy:[/color]

You need to be over protected till your 14 or 15... period... if we have any more little stupid 4-13 year olds running aorund I swear I will kill someone.... I feel it's a parents responcibility in this world... though, it's because of terrible parents that this country sucks the way it does.

If you wanna be on your own at such a young age, I suggest you learn and move out. Till then, stop complaining and be thankful you HAVE parents, and you HAVE food and a place to stay.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]
I'm 17 and my parents are still pretty protective...I think it comes from being the eldest female child...the oldest always gets the most "protective parenting" -__-
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah I believe that's true, seeing I'm the youngest I don't get too over protected like my sister did when she was my age, but still they are worried about me.

Its a good thing parents are over protective, I hate it when the girls at my school brag about having sex and their like two-three years ounger than me and I reply "yeah, sure as if you're mum'll let you do that! "
I also hate it when my friend is dis-respectful to her mum, after all they did give us life so they have the right to be protective of us

[B]I just can't stand it when my mom or dad treats me like I'm a baby or something. They never let me do anything which causes me to stay home all the time to do nothing. Life sux when ur only 12 I guess. My b-day is coming up in May and I'll be 13. Hopefully, they'll finally relize that I'm not 3 anymore. See, I have a friend whom I hardly ever get to see since he's a boy and I'm a girl. My parents think that we'll "do stuff that 12 and 13 year old girls and boys do" and I'm like, "yeah right, like we'd ever do that." I guess they think that we'd make out or something. And because of that I never get to see him. If he's reading this, he'll know exactly what I mean. His mom is so nice and she kinda embrasses us both by saying that I'm her daughter-in-law and stuff like that but we're only good friends. Well, I guess I kinda do like him, but I wish my parents wouldn't be so over pertective like they are because I'd like to see my friends sometimes. Just because he's a boy and I'm a girl dosen't mean that we're gonna "do stuff" like my parents think. Not all 13 year boys are like that, espically my friend! [/B][/QUOTE]
Thier not purposely trying to ruin your life, they only want to do what they think is right. But I know what you mean. When I was 12 my boyfriend would come over and we'd just kind of talk walking in the woods behind my house. My mom didn't really like that, it wasn't that she didn't trust me, but maybe she didn't trust him. Of course everytime he came over my little brother would always hang out with us. My parents usually treat my brother and I our age. They realize we're not little anymore but yet they can go a little overboard.

Guest BulmaVegeta1
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]You need to be over protected till your 14 or 15... period... if we have any more little stupid 4-13 year olds running aorund I swear I will kill someone.... I feel it's a parents responcibility in this world... though, it's because of terrible parents that this country sucks the way it does.

If you wanna be on your own at such a young age, I suggest you learn and move out. Till then, stop complaining and be thankful you HAVE parents, and you HAVE food and a place to stay. [/B][/QUOTE]
I'm not saying that I want to move out or anything, I mean, I'm only 12. All I'm saying is that my parents are TOO over pertevtive of me and they don't even like me hanging out with ANYONE, espically my friend that I've been talking about. I've lost a lot of friends this way, thanks to my parents. My friends just think I don't like them anymore because my parents won't let me hang around them. My friends aren't bad at all, like you may be thinking. We don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or any of that other crap cuz we think it's gross and immature. But my parents still don't trust me or my friends. If you were in my shoes, you'd know.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SaiyanPrincessX [/i]
[B]
Thier not purposely trying to ruin your life, they only want to do what they think is right. My mom didn't really like that, it wasn't that she didn't trust me, but maybe she didn't trust him. [/B][/QUOTE]
:laugh: heh ya know what, my mom "trusts" me, but then she doesn't trust the world!!!!!!! :mad:
Plus she thinks I'm going out behind her back. Why? You ask. Well, I was talking to my friend @ dinner time, and she starts talking about when she went out with a guy 5 years older than her. Then she says that her mom didn't know that. What's wrong with this? My mom thinks I grinned @ my friend after that!!!!!!!! So even though I'd rather not add another hurdle to my life by having a boyfriend, my mom thinks I'm going out behind her back.
POINT MADE: We like having parents, but we don't want to locked up in our rooms for the rest of our lives for doing what's right.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]I'm 17 and my parents are still pretty protective...I think it comes from being the eldest female child...the oldest always gets the most "protective parenting" -__- [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I totally agree with you, parents shows way much more protectection to the oldest son/daughter in the house.Luckily I'm the youngest!:toothy:

But, nonetheless my parents cares about me and along with everybody in the house.:)

Anyways back on subject, no matter how protective parents are you just gotta deal with it, there doing what they think is best for you even though if nothing bad happens you just gotta deal with it until your parents are sure with whatever things you want to do with your friends is right.

Stay out of trouble and everything will be fine.:)[/size]

Guest BulmaVegeta1
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen_Isanity [/i]
[B]
:laugh: heh ya know what, my mom "trusts" me, but then she doesn't trust the world!!!!!!! :mad:
Plus she thinks I'm going out behind her back. Why? You ask. Well, I was talking to my friend @ dinner time, and she starts talking about when she went out with a guy 5 years older than her. Then she says that her mom didn't know that. What's wrong with this? My mom thinks I grinned @ my friend after that!!!!!!!! So even though I'd rather not add another hurdle to my life by having a boyfriend, my mom thinks I'm going out behind her back.
POINT MADE: We like having parents, but we don't want to locked up in our rooms for the rest of our lives for doing what's right. [/B][/QUOTE]
Thank you! It sounds like someone finally understands me!!!

[B]
I'm not saying that I want to move out or anything, I mean, I'm only 12. All I'm saying is that my parents are TOO over pertevtive of me and they don't even like me hanging out with ANYONE, espically my friend that I've been talking about. I've lost a lot of friends this way, thanks to my parents. My friends just think I don't like them anymore because my parents won't let me hang around them. My friends aren't bad at all, like you may be thinking. We don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or any of that other crap cuz we think it's gross and immature. But my parents still don't trust me or my friends. If you were in my shoes, you'd know. [/B][/QUOTE]

Trust is earned... thus, there must have been something you did so that your parents wouldn't trust you. At least thats the case 99% of the time.

To be honest, your parents do what they do because they love you. I wish that all my parents ever did was ground me and have "talks" with me. They did that, and introduced me to the other uses of a belt/briar switch/hand.

Now, I don't blame them or hold anything against them in this matter. I think I turned out well enough, and they never crossed the line into abuse or anything. But, to be honest again, it kind of tweeks my tractor sometimes when people complain about the way their parents deal with them, when many of their parents have never moved to punishment in a physical sense. Of course this is only in cases where I don't really see any problem. In your case BulmaVegeta, I do think your parents should mellow out.

Regarding the issue with the boy: Granted, you may not be ready to have sex NOW...but in a few years, [b]I promise[/b] that will change. No matter what you think. Your parents likely know that you wouldn't do anything with this boy. They are just attempting to preclude(Erase a possible threat in the future) the sexual drives and urges you will get later on.

NOW...for my point: Listen to what your parents say. They have years' more experience at this game we call, "Life" than you do.

-Justin

[color=red][b]I know how you fell. My parents are the religious-protective types that don't think you should expierence anything bad or wrong. But I'm 15 now and they are very loose with me cause they know I'm older and mature. My g/f's mom and dad and my mom and dad didn't want us hanging out outside of school until about 3 months ago. We did anyway, but I realised it was wrong. So maybe when you get older your parents will loosen up just like mine and my g/f's did. Hang in there, it will be better soon.....in like maybe 1-2 years. And when your 16, just drive away. :D [/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Trust is earned... thus, there must have been something you did so that your parents wouldn't trust you. At least thats the case 99% of the time. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Yes TN, trust is earned. You must prove to your mom that ur trustworthy.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero_dude [/i]
[B]about a year ago my parents wouldn't even let me go to the mall with my friends. That is pretty protective. [/B][/QUOTE]

You think you've got it bad? My parents won't even let me walk around my own block by myself! Every day it's the same thing- home, school, home, repeat. Every single day, I can't take it anymore, can't a 14 yr. old do anything?!?!?

Ah, man, and I couldn't go anywhere over Spring Break, and now it's ending... :bawl:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B]

You think you've got it bad? My parents won't even let me walk around my own block by myself! Every day it's the same thing- home, school, home, repeat. Every single day, I can't take it anymore, [/B][/QUOTE]
I know how you feel. The only traveling outside of my coultisec (by myself) is to & from school on my bike!!!!!:(:bawl: (only 7/10s of a mile!!!!!!)

[color=crimson][size=1]My parents are average. They give me some rope, but not enough to hang myself. I'm glad that I have priviledges. This is because my parents trust me. I've never done anything to make them break their trust with me, and I always talk to my mom about everything, so she knows that I wouldn't do anything. I'm shocked that they let me go over to guy's houses and stuff, but they do. Of course, they have to meet the guy first and approve....my mom will also leave me at home alone with a guy because she trusts me that much. I'm glad my parents are the way they are.

And if your parents are over-protective, at least you know that they actually care about you and pay attention to you. Of course, alot of VERY restricted children become very REBELLIOUS children...so good luck on life![/color][/size]