OtakuBoards

I am worried...

Guest ganon997

Guest ganon997
...about these boards. They are powered by Vbulletin. Every forum I have been on that was powered by VB had problems and had to be shut down. They eventually came back up, but with different, more stable boards. Look, I am warning you, people with over a thousand posts are not going to be happy when these forums go down. It has happened to every VB powered board I have been on...just a warning....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ganon997 [/i]
[B]...about these boards. They are powered by Vbulletin. Every forum I have been on that was powered by VB had problems and had to be shut down. They eventually came back up, but with different, more stable boards. Look, I am warning you, people with over a thousand posts are not going to be happy when these forums go down. It has happened to every VB powered board I have been on...just a warning.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]vB does certainly have its share of problems, but thankfully, they are pretty minor ones.

I wouldn't worry about our site shutting down anytime soon. Not every website has an expert programmer in its midst (Adam).

By the way, OtakuBoards members can expect something exciting to happen in May of this year. :)[/color]

[B]...about these boards. They are powered by Vbulletin. Every forum I have been on that was powered by VB had problems and had to be shut down. They eventually came back up, but with different, more stable boards. Look, I am warning you, people with over a thousand posts are not going to be happy when these forums go down. It has happened to every VB powered board I have been on...just a warning.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=comic sans ms]Funny, the reverse is what I hear from those who use vBB. vBB is actually one of the most stable boards around. Or maybe you've been sent by Infopop. :D And I see a lot of people with over a thousand posts here. In fact, with a total post count of over 180,000, by what you say this board should've tanked over a long time ago, yet it still remains. And I've been to many vBB boards as well. Again, in fact a lot of servers are banning UBB for it being too reseouce intensive, and many have switched to vBB--thus belying your arguments.[/font]

Ah, I believe I know what this is.. A friend of mine at another board has informed the Administraitors (Yes, I'm an administrator at the board), that vBulliten is going to do a sweep of illegal vBs, or boards that haven't been registered.

Actually, the only way they CAN shut down a so-called 'illegal' board is to hack into a server, which is very much so illegal as well.

So in short, don't get your britches in a bunch...

Edit: Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.........What changes James? C'mon.... I'll give you a dollar...:tasty: ok, TWO dollars...........and from me and my greedy self, that's a lot..:cross:

These boards will not be going down anytime soon as long as we have James and Adam working on it.

Also, if James told us, it wouldnt be a big surprise. And if you stop thinking about it, it will seem like it comes faster.

Yes otaku has had its share of problems, but not as many as you would think. Adam keeps this place pretty stable, so don't worry too much ;)

Plus about the posts, sure we'll get up-set at first, but I mean what does the number matter? Its just fun to post! It will just give us more oppertunities to post! :)! I don't see it happenening soon!

Oooohhh something in May..can't wait!

theOtaku has gone down several times since I've been here, but it always comes back up, usually better than before too.

James, don't tell us you're changin' versions again? I just reached "Junior Member" status! I can't wait, either way!:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]vB does certainly have its share of problems, but thankfully, they are pretty minor ones.

I wouldn't worry about our site shutting down anytime soon. Not every website has an expert programmer in its midst (Adam).

By the way, OtakuBoards members can expect something exciting to happen in May of this year. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple]Translation:vB has had problems but there is no need to worry about them because they are small problems that most likely will not affect OB..

Adam is an expert programmer and it is he that keeps OB in great shape. It is because of him that the few problems OB has had have been quickly dealt with and we are running better than ever.

Gawd.. I never really appreciated Adam for all he did until now.. maybe I should make him a card or something...

James you little.. May? how many days away is that.. well lets see.. today is the 6th.. 30 days has September.. oh I can't do it.. math is too complicated for me.. well can you at least tell us the date of this amazing thing in May we're getting?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i]
[B]Ah, I believe I know what this is.. A friend of mine at another board has informed the Administraitors (Yes, I'm an administrator at the board), that vBulliten is going to do a sweep of illegal vBs, or boards that haven't been registered.

Actually, the only way they CAN shut down a so-called 'illegal' board is to hack into a server, which is very much so illegal as well.

So in short, don't get your britches in a bunch...

Edit: Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.........What changes James? C'mon.... I'll give you a dollar...:tasty: ok, TWO dollars...........and from me and my greedy self, that's a lot..:cross: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]

First part of your comments: We [b]do not run an illegal message board[/b] here. We purchased this board from Virtual Bulletin.

Therefore, even if vB is doing sweeps of illegal sites...there would be absolutely no reason to shut us down.

As for the second part...I'm not going to tell you yet. You'll see when it happens. ;)[/color]

DBZCG, are you his translator now????? It wouldn't surprise me. Some ppl have some trouble understanding him. I dont know why, but hey, not my problem. oooooohhhhhhhhh something new and interesting eh? I can't wait.

as you can see i used to have a ton of posts in the first forum. and then i lost interest because i was so mad. I just got over and decided to become a poster again.:devil: if it happens again ill just keep on whining like a big baby that i am.......oh well:devil:

Heh, yea well rest your little mind at ease and enjoy your posting :) I only managed 564 posts or something max. during my whole time here (a year this month) but I still got bothered when they were all wiped...infact I've had 2 accounts here so I've got about 35 extra posts or something somewhere plus what I've gained now :) (not long until I finally get a personal av! used to take so long (1000 posts!!!!)).

Something exciting James? :p

I don't think so. OtakuBoards has been through alot, that's no lie, but each time we've all came back.

Barely anyone here cares about posts. As you can see, I don't have many compared to some other. I come and go off the boards, but I come back because I enjoy them. I could care less about the post number, in fact if they got rid of the post count I think it would be cool. Then everyone would be equal. The only thing I want is 500 posts so i can get a custon avatar.

Well, back to the topic, I don't think the boards are going to go down anytime soon.:)