OtakuBoards

Homer Smokes Bud!!!!!

SSJ Gotenks ok

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]Boy, TN can suck the fun out of many things.............
[/B][/QUOTE]

You mean I can give you the reality of it all?

I've seen what drugs do to my friends, and it's NOT a pretty site. There's no "fun" in doing ANY drug.... all it prooves is that you don't care about anyone, including yourself.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]did you ever see the episode where homer tripped balls after eating the hot pepper? lol

adam said it before i could... illegal sales of weed would come to almost a complete halt if it were legal (not including adults buying for minors, fake id's, etc.).

i think libertarian... we should only be punished for crimes against others. smoking weed/doing drugs only counts as a crime against the self. [/B][/QUOTE]

More than against the self. AGainst the family, friends. I would know.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

.... And the people who do drugs like heroin and pot are only stupid enough to kill themselves, so I say, let them. They will just die off and make more people happy. [/B][/QUOTE]

Have yopu ever done pot TN?

If not, while stoned, you are one of 2 things, reallllly happy and giddy, or you just want to sit, and chill. Nothign else. Pot makes you happy while your on it. You will never OD on it, thats impossible, you dont get any psych. effects other than the fact that your in a good mood. It got be out of depression. On of my friends shrinks wishes she could perscribe it, but since it snot legal, she says" Do what you want, i would smoke a bowl" or just gives them some Vikadin[sp?]

Pot doesn't do a thing, but make you happy. Its the only drug I will ever to, besides X, but thats just because I'm a raver, who still has yet to try it.

More to come.......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]I think they midest well make it legal since alot of people smoke it.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

buddy, if the government used that policy then the legal system would go to hell....can you imagine if the started legalising things just because a lot of people did them? A lot of people drink and drive as well, and what do you think would happen if they legalised that?

Guest Morph
[size=1] Hehehe, i saw it, that was real funny, if ppl want to smoke, they should do it, and get rid of that law that prohibits them from doing so. Because its at a persons want, so if they want to ruin their life, let them, one less idiot to deal with. [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]

You will never OD on it, thats impossible, you dont get any psych. effects other than the fact that your in a good mood. [/B][/QUOTE]

oh, so i take it that this is a medically proven fact???
Hate to spoil your blissful ignorance, but read on.....

The short-term effects of marijuana include:

problems with memory and learning
distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch)
trouble with thinking and problem-solving;
loss of coordination; and
increased heart rate, anxiety.

The long term effects include
Cancer
It is known that marijuana contains some of the same, and sometimes even more, of the cancer-causing chemicals found in tobacco smoke. Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per week may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.
Lungs and airways
People who smoke marijuana often develop the same kinds of breathing problems that cigarette smokers have: coughing and wheezing. They tend to have more chest colds than nonusers. They are also at greater risk of getting lung infections like pneumonia.
Immune system
Animal studies have found that THC can damage the cells and tissues in the body that help protect people from disease. When the immune cells are weakened, you are more likely to get sick.

Q: Can people become addicted to marijuana?
A: Yes. While not everyone who uses marijuana becomes addicted, when a user begins to seek out and take the drug compulsively, that person is said to be dependent or addicted to the drug. In 1995, 165,000 people entering drug treatment programs reported marijuana as their primary drug of abuse, showing they need help to stop using the drug.(9)

According to one study, marijuana use by teenagers who have prior serious antisocial problems can quicky lead to dependence on the drug.

Some frequent, heavy users of marijuana develop a tolerance for it. "Tolerance" means that the user needs larger doses of the drug to get the same desired results that he or she used to get from smaller amounts.

From the US drug site [url]http://www.nida.nih.gov/MarijBroch/Marijteens.html[/url]

Oh, and if you're thinking about ecstacy i say good luck to you...i hope you live long enough to realise your mistake

Thank you asar.

Really Vegitto, the pot must have gone to your head... because if all it did was make you happy, do you think it would be against the law? I didn't think so.

People can't overdose on cigarrettes either, BUT they still will eventually kill you. So will every other drug, including Exstacy.

And to answer your question, yes I've tried pot... once and only once. It didn't do anything for me at all, which from what I hear is normal, but it wasn't worth trying again. Why waste money... and all I get in return is that god awful smell. If I wanted that, I'd go live in a dump or something.

Opinions are good.

You had some good facts asar.

Transtic: Why should the government care about what [b] WE[/b] do to our bodies? Yes, they have facilities to help us with our problems, but we cause the problems. It helped me out with depression. I am sure some of you know about it. I could day that it was needed, but I wouldn't give you the satisfaction. The fact is, it wasn't. It was there, and i hadn't in awhile, and it helped. With out it, I could say i might have decided to check out how sharp the knife really was. I was only speaking from personal expierence['s]

Asar: You still never said that you could OD on it. You only stated the Long term effects, which not a whole lot of people care about at the Time being. Most marijuana smokers are Epicurianists. They would rather " Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow, you Die" or, to put it simply, smoke, and have fun now, and worry about tomorrow when it arrives. I dont know many Stoics, or Fatalists that are Pot smokers. They weren't "Destined" to smoke it. You can think what you want. But what are animal studies reallllly going to do for humans. I may be blinded by ignorance. Ignorance is Bliss. I am happy in my vliss. Its not like I'm addicted. I'm not. I am the casual stoner. Ecstasy will be a one time thing, unles I happen to insanley like it. I probably wont. it might not measure up to the best Bud High I have ever had. I admit, there are drawbacks, but my [b] opinion [/b] is that the good outways the bad. Take the average buddy.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]Opinions are good.

You had some good facts asar.

Transtic: Why should the government care about what [b] WE[/b] do to our bodies? Yes, they have facilities to help us with our problems, but we cause the problems. It helped me out with depression. I am sure some of you know about it. I could day that it was needed, but I wouldn't give you the satisfaction. The fact is, it wasn't. It was there, and i hadn't in awhile, and it helped. With out it, I could say i might have decided to check out how sharp the knife really was. I was only speaking from personal expierence['s]

[/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't say the Government should care, I was just stating a fact.

In fact in this very thread before, I said drugs should be legal. I'm not gonna copy my whole post, you can go read it.

I'm not sure I quite understand the rest of your post addressed to me though...

To the rest of your post... You CAN'T OD on pot... just like you can't OD on cigarrettes but they will still eventually kill you. Although I don't expect anyone to heed that warning. They don't heed it for cigarrettes...

I just don't think any rational person would be so damn selfish to basically kill themselves for self pleasure. If you got pleasure from shooting yourself, would you do it? If you just shot your arm or leg every month or so because it gave you pleasure. It wouldn't kill you right then, but over the years it may get just a tad bit painful.... kinda like smoking... soon you'll smell like sh*t, you're teeth will be yellow, you'll have bad breathe. Then you start coughing all the time. Do you have ANY idea how annoying that is? Esspcially a smokers cough... UGH! It's so nasty. Anyway, then comes blood... NOT to mention all the people that have to deal with you when you have been smoking.... the list goes on and on how bad a rep smokers have. but do they care? NO... ofcourse not... to stuck up in their own pleasure to care what other people think.

[color=royalblue]Just as a footnote to what Transtic just said, I think that regular drug takers (whether they take Marijuana or whatever else) are also demonstrating how selfish and self-centered they are.

It's all very well to be foolish and say "I'll have fun now and who cares what the consequences are", but that kind of thinking doesn't take into account the feelings of family and friends.

It would be heartless and cruel to leave your family and friends behind simply to satisfy your own addiction and self-centered desire for pleasure.

The whole thing is pretty stupid and unjustifiable, if you ask me.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

I didn't say the Government should care, I was just stating a fact.

In fact in this very thread before, I said drugs should be legal. I'm not gonna copy my whole post, you can go read it.

I'm not sure I quite understand the rest of your post addressed to me though...

To the rest of your post... You CAN'T OD on pot... just like you can't OD on cigarrettes but they will still eventually kill you. Although I don't expect anyone to heed that warning. They don't heed it for cigarrettes...

[/B][/QUOTE]

1) I know that you said that drugs should be legalized. I read that, and agree.
2) I said that you can't OD on pot. asar tried to disprove that, but ended up going off on other facts, and statistics.

James: yes, doing drugs is a little selfish. it can be said that it is more selfish than i am saying. A little selfishness is good. it means you actually care about what happens to you. I am not an aditc, as I have stated, and I rarely take part in any, because i'm not around it a whole lot. I dont even have any paraphanalia[SP?] I respect that people don't liek it, to those that dont. I usually dont talk about it around them. I have debated quitting, and actually did for awhile. Now, its only socially. Thats rare as well. ince I never go to parties, because me, not being popular, dont get invited to any of them. I can have fun with out it, it just adds to it.

• 3 weeks later...
vegitto you're right about ODing. you'll die from smoke inhalation before you die from ODing. pot will never be legalized, never. it is too hard to tax. anyone that wanted to can grow it. i mean i agree with medical usage and all if it helps. they can also give it to people suffering from anirexita (sp?). pot is not addicting. i started the first week of college. i've smoke everyday for 3 weeks before and just recently i've stopped. 3 weeks and counting. i have no urges to use it like i would if i smoked a cig. there is no nicotine so i'm not addicted. the only reason that i did it was becasue i wanted to. i wanted to be happy and have fun with my friends. someone said something about there being more accidents if they legalized pot? wrong answer!!! have you ever driven while high? if you have then you weren't high. i have and pot makes me a more careful driver for 2 reasons. (1) i don't wanna get into an accident because i would get arrested for driving while under the influnce and passenger endangerment and possibly manslaughter. (2) it makes me pay more attention to what i'm doing while driving. on a final note vegitto if you think that x will be a one time thing you're sadly mistaken. it's better than any bud high you'll ever have. better than kb or kb with angel hair.