OtakuBoards

Homer Smokes Bud!!!!!

SSJ Gotenks ok

Did anyone see the simpsons the other night were homer was getting high with auto that was funny azz hell.As a fellow bud smoker i taught that was a tight episode.what did u think?????

And what do u think of the goverment making marijuana legal?????

I think they midest well make it legal since alot of people smoke it.:D

[color=indigo]That episode was on just tonight. I also thought it was damn funny! :laugh:

I think they should make it legal, and then tax the heck out of it. Put so huge a tax on it, that it'd be more expensive than it is now. That'd probably be the best way to stop it.
I think it's fine when used for medical purposes. If it eases someone's pain, I think it's all right.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]That episode was on just tonight. I also thought it was damn funny! :laugh:

I think they should make it legal, and then tax the heck out of it. Put so huge a tax on it, that it'd be more expensive than it is now. That'd probably be the best way to stop it.
I think it's fine when used for medical purposes. If it eases someone's pain, I think it's all right.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=limegreen] I haven't seen that episode, sorry I missed it.
But to contradict you man...HOW CAN THEY TAX MARIJUANA..when there are so many ppl who sell it on the street. I mean the gov't wouldn't be able to sell it and if they ever tried they'd go broke.B/c it's already set up in the street with other ppl selling it. That's one of the main reaseons they won't make it legal. Cause they wouldn't get a profit off of it!!!
But should it be legal. I say yeah!!!![/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]Did anyone see the simpsons the other night were homer was getting high with auto that was funny azz hell.As a fellow bud smoker i taught that was a tight episode.what did u think?????

And what do u think of the goverment making marijuana legal?????

I think they midest well make it legal since alot of people smoke it.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

I never saw that one, but i heard about it.

Marijuana should be legalized. Plain and simple. All drugs should be. Cocaine, heroin, and others should be perscription though, so not everybody is allowed to have it. Thats not gonna stop the use of it though. Weed is one of those things that helps you out in times of need, but sometimes, The Munchies just Suck.

**POINTS TO sIG**
:D :smoke: :hippy:

[color=indigo] That episode was great, especially when the drug dog bit Homers crotch and slung him around...

As for th legalization of Marijuana, to be honest, I could care less whether or not it was legalized. It would be very difficult to tax it though, not because it is already on the streets, but because it is easy to grow. Unlike Tobacco, hemp will grow nearly anywhere...[/color]

You know, in Holland drugs are legal. They have clinics where heroine addicts can go and get a fix for free, if need be. And, if you think about it, the United States spends a fortune with campaigns against drug use. One would like to believe that , should drugs be legalized, countries could turn a profit taxing them. Heck, even the dangerous world of underground drug trafficing would die down a little. My main problem with the idea is that, well, I don't think it would work in most places, lol.

Imagine people having a nice little cocaine break during work, coming back stoned, and cutting their fingers off in front of a machine. Simply put, work habbits would take a turn for the worse. Everyone knows of the problems accompanying drunk driving, no? You know, around 40,000 people a year die from it, right? Well, imagine how many automobile accidents we would see in densely populated urban areas, should drugs be put into legal circulation. On top of that, I would imagine that children would have much easier access to drug paraphernalia.

Sorry for not commenting on the episode (missed it) but I took notice to where this drug talk was going and just [I]had[/I] to put my two cents in. :p

I haven't seen that episode..infact I haven't been watching much TV lately...but I think they should legalise it and just charge like double what you pay for tabacco, and actually give you alot less too...well something like that so not everyone is doing it but those that do (alot of people) can gain access to it...unfortunately this would probably just lead to some illegal sellings for slightly cheeper per however much you want...i duno..never was good with business...

I agree i dont think they would be able to tax weed.But i dont think they should legalize those other drugs like cocaine and heroin that stuff could mess u up bad.I only smoke weed and i wouldnt think of trying that other stuff.I profer smokin weed than smokin ciggirits(cancer sticks).:D Because weed is all natural.:demon:

[B]I agree i dont think they would be able to tax weed.But i dont think they should legalize those other drugs like cocaine and heroin that stuff could mess u up bad.I only smoke weed and i wouldnt think of trying that other stuff.I profer smokin weed than smokin ciggirits(cancer sticks).:D Because weed is all natural.:demon: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo] Hate to inform you, weed is also a "cancer stick" sorry to burst your bubble, 1 joint= (rooughly) 7 cigs...[/color]

[B]As a fellow bud smoker i taught that was a tight episode [/B][/QUOTE]

Really? Naww.... I couldn't tell...

Anyway...

If people wanna use drugs, and as you can plainly see now-a-days, they are going to do it whether or not it's legal.

I think it should be legal to do drugs, as long as it's within your own privacy and where it won't effect other people. As in, do it in your own home and not around 40 kids or something. Then I think it should be legal to sell it as well, but only professionally. Like through a drug store or something. Then, like someone stated above, we could tax the sh*t out of it and the government could fix a whole bunch of budget problems. People who do drugs will be happy, people who don't won't have to deal with the people that do, because I would make it a law to only do it in private places, and the goovernment would make more money to fix it's problems.... And the people who do drugs like heroin and pot are only stupid enough to kill themselves, so I say, let them. They will just die off and make more people happy.

This is an economic perspective.

Legalizing it and taxing it heavily would work very well.

The argument that people on the streets wouldn't make this work is invalid. Do people on the streets sell home-made cigarettes? Of course not, because no one wants to buy home-made things over commercial, brand-named ones - for quality reasons. Plus, the return for cigarettes, if people sold them on the streets, would be far less than the return for illegal drugs that can't be bought anywhere else.

Legalizing any drug will lead to the end of the black market for that drug because most are very cheap to produce.

The downside of course is that legalization of drugs leads to more people becoming addicted to it which isn't right.

-Adam

did you ever see the episode where homer tripped balls after eating the hot pepper? lol

adam said it before i could... illegal sales of weed would come to almost a complete halt if it were legal (not including adults buying for minors, fake id's, etc.).

i think libertarian... we should only be punished for crimes against others. smoking weed/doing drugs only counts as a crime against the self.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]did you ever see the episode where homer tripped balls after eating the hot pepper? lol

adam said it before i could... illegal sales of weed would come to almost a complete halt if it were legal (not including adults buying for minors, fake id's, etc.).

i think libertarian... we should only be punished for crimes against others. smoking weed/doing drugs only counts as a crime against the self. [/B][/QUOTE]

oh yeah LOL!!!! on that episode homer was 'the pepper eating wax gum machine!!!!'

I don't know how many of you know this, but marijuana is legal in South Australia. How weird is that :rolleyes: , there is also a town in Queensland called Nambor, it was started by some students in the 60's to find a new way of life.

Most students gave up on it and moved out. But still the ideal of weed lives on, you cant walk down some streets without being offered drugs(free), unless your police that is:rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]i think libertarian... we should only be punished for crimes against others. smoking weed/doing drugs only counts as a crime against the self. [/B][/QUOTE]

Crimes against the self? Well, I'm not too sure about that. To be honest, drugs affect those surrounding the user as well. Addicts will do anything for a fix, including hurting the ones they love (or don't). If drugs were legalized, I could easily picture families falling apart....

Even if they're not legalized, I feel that people should be punished for drugs. If someone buys drugs instead of food for their children, I'd say that more than one crime is being committed.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Crimes against the self? Well, I'm not too sure about that. To be honest, drugs affect those surrounding the user as well. Addicts will do anything for a fix, including hurting the ones they love (or don't). If drugs were legalized, I could easily picture families falling apart....

Even if they're not legalized, I feel that people should be punished for drugs. If someone buys drugs instead of food for their children, I'd say that more than one crime is being committed. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree and disagree... well I guess it's agreeing but I see a different view...

Yes, Drugs not only do harm to yourself, but to others as well. If you drink and then drive, you are putting ME in danger, and THAT will not be accepted. And if you smoke pot around me, that smoke is dangerous to me. This brings me to a second point, and I must remember to buy a box of smokin patches thingy. I'm gonna surprise my friend who smokes. She said she'd quit if I bought her those... anyway, yeah second hand cigarrette smoke is twice as dangerous as smoking the cigarrette yourself. That second hand smoke isn't filter, so you get everything that comes with it... including all that tar and sh*t

But when you say that families will fall apart. I feel that, hey, this should be a wake up call. Sure we legalize drugs, but your life will be ruined because of it. Sorry. That's the risk you take. ANd you must live with the consequences.

I don't think people will buy drugs for their own children. I mean, there's not alot of parents who buy cigarrettes for their children. And again. it's their own fault. If you wanna do drugs, die, and whatever, then fine. Be gone, I have no need for your people's stupidity.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I don't think people will buy drugs for their own children. I mean, there's not alot of parents who buy cigarrettes for their children. And again. it's their own fault. If you wanna do drugs, die, and whatever, then fine. Be gone, I have no need for your people's stupidity. [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, I guess my sentence was kind of awkward. When I said, "If someone buys drugs instead of food for their children," I didn't mean that they would buy drugs for them instead of food. Basically, I've watched and read plenty of news stories about parents who have neglected their children in order to feed their own addictions. Plus, I highly doubt that a drug addict parent would be able to raise their kid effectively at all. And as you said, they would be endangering the kids just from doing drugs around them.

well i guess on my part i'll say that hmmm
weed+legalized=really bad idea!!!
only for the fact that i smoked weed and i got caught.....*shudders* and lets just say i won't be doing it ever agin only for the fact i got kicked outta the house for a week and i had to live with my friend who also smokes weed and lives in an apartment full of future criminals! also to all u ppl who want weed to be legalized where the hell is ur brain cause it ruins ur life it ruined mine and i'm only 13 years old so to all u idiots like me stop smokin it while u still can because u will get caught and u will pay for doing what u are doing trust me i know!
also as a teenager i know u guys think u are oh so kool and invincable and nothing can harm u hurt u or even destroy u but i have some news things can hurt u and harm u want proof then pinch urself that hurt didn't it so imagine how much pain u will be in when weed starts to affect u! i'm sorry if u think i'm being dumb or like ur mother but trust me what i say is true u only hurt urself and the ppl u love every time u pick up a joint or a pack of cigs u only have one body it is ur job to protect it and keep it safe.

i've lost a lot of ppl to weed and i will neve forgive my self for it .
i hope whut i said makes sense if it osen't sorry.
~GG~

Guest Voodookanaka
Adam Marijuana is not physically addictive.

I see the use of drugs as a personal thing, and i really dont see what difference legalising will make apart from changing certain social aspects.

As a marxist i know that buying it on the streets will die out , not only for the reasons previously mentioned but also because its blatently obvious that a large amount of the drugs are let through during shipping by the goverment.