OtakuBoards

Anti-Gay

Guest volrath428

I'm having a little trouble beliving that any true human would think like that. I don't really know what to say. That was appalling and unnecessary. A few of my very best friends are Bi-sexual, and I don't think about it. We've known eachother since we were in 5th grade. A few of my friends are gay, and I don't think about it. I just don't know how anyone could think such biased thoughts. I wish I knew where that sub-human worm lived, so I could set him straight........

[color=red][b]First of all, anyone remember the rule, "If you don't have something good to say, don't say it at all."? Well, this applies here. SO WHAT if you don't like gay people? That's your problem, not ours. I personally have absolutly no problem with gay people. My best friend is gay. He was my bestfriend before he said he was gay, and never said i wasn't. I was his only friend after he admited he was gay. I was even called gay for being his friend. but I don't care. your sexuallity is your choice. good riddence.[/b][/color]

I have to admit that I suffer from homophobia... not because I chose to however, just I guess since my father is quite racist (but not really hardcore racist), and always made vulgar comments about homosexuals. Even though I know it's wrong to not like someone just because of something they have no control over, my homophobia is pretty bad, to the point that if I discovered one of my good friends (but not best friends) was gay I would probably stop hanging out with them. I'm ashamed of it, but I can't help it.

My dad usually says things like "If there were meant to be gay people it would be Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve.". That's pretty harsh, but it couldn't really be true I don't think. I don't believe that its against god to be gay or anything since I gave up on religion(there are so many different ones and none have proof to be true, which leads to constant b!tching at one another and so forth). It just sicks me out, you know?

Anyways I just wanted to get that out and don't hate me for it, cuz I truly am a good person.

he got an awful big amount of attention for such a homophobe topic. Im thinking this guy is a little more.....you know..... than what he is putting off. He is so anti-gay...........I think HE is gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that (Seinfeld Style):devil:

I want to say that I don't hate/dislike gay people. I just don't agree w/ homosexuality.

Every human born on this earth has the gift of free agency, acting as their own person. I can't dislike a person because they are exercising the same ability to think as choose as I have myself.

Homosexuality, as a concept, I don't agree with. My reasons are personal beliefs and theories which I won't go into because they are my own and its not necessary to present them now. But let it be known that I don't hold a person in contempt just because they make their own decisions. Me and that person may not share everything in common, but that's not grounds for terminating or not embarking on a possible friendship.

I think if everyone would at least be *tolerant* and understanding, even if they aren't condoning, this country and world would be much better off.

Like I've said before...

You can think whatever you want to. But that doesn't mean you can say what you want. If you don't agree with the gay lifestyle, fine. I don't care. Being gay in my life doesn't effect your life, so why should you or me care?

I know ALOT of people don't agree because of religious meanings that I would not want to get into. And thats fine... But I don't see thats any reason to hate someone? Anyway... yeah.

There's a difference between thinking the way you do, and saying what you think. There's a difference between being considerate of others no matter what, and being a rude a*shole. I'm sure most people are mature enough to make the right decision.

I know I am not a moderator ar anything, but this topic is against the no sexuall harrasment rule. You are harrasing people because they are gay. I do not want to break the rules, so I will not post my oppinion. If ya want to know bad enough, PM me or just wonder. Now can a mod or admin PLEASE close this! I did not come here to read about sexualaty! I came here to have fun.

(note)-I am NOT gay.

I ersonally dont like them. I dont have a big problem with them, as long as they dont hit on me. [ TN aint gonna like that.....] Otherwise, i just dont care. Let them do what they want.

I may think its rather disgusting, but its their choice, I'm not gonna stop them.

[color=indigo]Well, growing up in an art community, I grew up with many friends that ended up being homosexual. They grew up exposed to the same things I was, yet they find the same sex appealing. Why is that?? It is because it is somehow genetic. Nearly every gay man or woman that I know says that they knew that they were gay at an early age, not that they decided that they were gay. So how could something that is more then likely genetic be wrong or bad??? [/color]

I am not gay. I know that for a fact. But I back Gays, Lesbians, in thier desisions, as long as they do not go too far. Going too far is using that help for otherwise illegal reasons. (Drugs, violence, etc.)

As Crazy White boy said, it is important that we face this now, not just let it pass. It won't.

Consider this. Before the civil war, Slavery was allowed and *morally defensible*. They believed that killing and enslaving others was moral!

Here we are today, banning Homosexuals, ruining thier lives because of thier sexual preferences. If even a single picture got out, a person could lose thier job! And this is *moral*. It is allowable to do this. People turn away. They don't care or don't want to care.

What I do not, and never will understand is the Christian reverence of god and the bible. It was writen thousands of years ago. Things have changed. Things that they NEVER could have concieved have happened. When...bleh, what was his name...said that those who "would not inheirit the kingdom of god" included Homosexuals, he did not, and could not, have known everything about them then and now.
He thought they were evil. No man, regardless of whether he is divine or the most learned scholar is perfect. HUMANS CANNOT BE PERFECT. ANYTHING CREATED BY HUMANS CANNOT BE PERFECT, FOR PERFECTION DOES NOT EXIST. He could not have known that Homosexuality, can be just as true to heart as being straight.

And here's another example! If Homosexuality is indeed conected with genetics, then we are permantly condemning them for something they have no control over. Blacks, inborn with thier skin color, were permanently persecuted because of something THEY had no control over.

...In time, slavery was realized to be immoral.
...In time, homosexual persecution will be realized to be immoral.
And then the last "Modern Moral" injustice shall be laid to rest.
And *I* shall do everything in my power to help bring that day to a reality!

> And another point, >what the f**k is wrong with Harry Potter?
Absolutely nothing! I don't get it either!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Evil King [/i]
[B]Now can a mod or admin PLEASE close this! I did not come here to read about sexualaty! I came here to have fun.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Well sorry, but this is General Discussion, and it's an intellectual discussion topic (at least for some people) and thus it won't be closed at this particular moment. If you came here to have "fun" and not participate in any intellectual conversation, you should stay in the RPG forum.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]I ersonally dont like them. I dont have a big problem with them, as long as they dont hit on me. [ TN aint gonna like that.....] Otherwise, i just dont care. Let them do what they want.

I may think its rather disgusting, but its their choice, I'm not gonna stop them. [/B][/QUOTE]

You bring up a very good point. I, to this day am not completely comfortable with the idea. I gay person I could go along with, but a gay person who is attracted to ME...would be freaky.
(And tragic. The first person to have a crush on me, a boy? How pitiful is that? *Alexander laughs out loud at his own, miserable relations with others.*)

[color=royalblue]I think that there is a basic bottom line here.

First, people don't choose their sexuality. You can argue that all you want, but did you [i]consciously choose[/i] to be straight? Of course not.

The same goes for anyone else.

Furthermore, discriminating against anyone based on sexual orientation/race/gender/religion/nationality is simply inappropriate and unacceptable.

I don't think anyone here would deny that discrimination is wrong, regardless of their personal beliefs.

Now...I recognize that each person has their own personal beliefs. And that's fine. But those beliefs shouldn't be used to degrade another member of the human race...all of mankind is equal and singling people out for whatever reason is wrong.

I think that this topic reflets a wide array of views on the subject...and therefore, the discussion doesn't need to continue. People can read this topic to see the wealth of opinions on the boards.

The only thing I will say other than this, is that discrimination is strongly disapproved of on OtakuBoards and other O3 sites.[/color]