Guest BulmaVegeta1 Posted April 14, 2002 Posted April 14, 2002 I was surfing the net and went to a link that led me to this website. My mouth was open teh whole time I read it. (I'm pretty sure this isn't a spolier, it's just a website discussing that there might be a sequel going along with FFX) There is actual dialogue from the beginning of some FFX game to my understanding, like a sequel or something, because if you beat FFX already, well you know. I was so happy when I read this!!! You will be too if you can understand it. And it is actual dialogue from the Japanese version of an FFX sequel to my understanding. i couldn't beleive what the characters said, even Tidus had a few lines. By the way, take a look at the screenshots, there's a link to it on the page with the dialogue. Oh, and the "new FFX game" (to my understanding) is called, FFX, Another Story. [URL]http://www.thegia.com/news/0201/n31a.html[/URL]
Break Posted April 14, 2002 Posted April 14, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BulmaVegeta1 [/i] [B]I was surfing the net and went to a link that led me to this website. My mouth was open teh whole time I read it. (I'm pretty sure this isn't a spolier, it's just a website discussing that there might be a sequel going along with FFX) There is actual dialogue from the beginning of some FFX game to my understanding, like a sequel or something, because if you beat FFX already, well you know. I was so happy when I read this!!! You will be too if you can understand it. And it is actual dialogue from the Japanese version of an FFX sequel to my understanding. Here's the website: [URL]http://www.thegia.com/news/10201/n31a.html[/URL] i couldn't beleive what the characters said, even Tidus had a few lines. PS: Please don't delete this, anyway, why would you delete this thread? [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]The website doesn't even work...[/SIZE]
Guest BulmaVegeta1 Posted April 14, 2002 Posted April 14, 2002 Now go up there and try it, I fixed it.
Break Posted April 14, 2002 Posted April 14, 2002 [SIZE=1]Ahh, it works now, sounds cool. It ahs a cliffhanger and I can't wait to see what happens next... that game will probably come out in like 2 years (longer for us of course) :(.[/SIZE]
Guest BulmaVegeta1 Posted April 14, 2002 Posted April 14, 2002 It's worth the wait espically since we get an extra DVD. PS: SG, do you live in the US? (just wanted to know)
Flash Posted April 15, 2002 Posted April 15, 2002 Why would they make a sequel to FFX, but not FF1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9? If they SERIOUSLY make a Sequel to FFX, but not for FFVII, then I shall go down to Square HQ and beat them with an Inflatable Buster Sword until they see the errors of their ways.
Charles Posted April 15, 2002 Posted April 15, 2002 Although it's only a rumor now, I would have to say that it's definite that we'll see a sequel for Final Fantasy X someday. I, in an unpopular decison no doubt, think that the game would be served better with a sequel than Final Fantasy VII would. Basically, we already saw that the world of Final Fantasy VII remains intact 500 years into the future. So, whether the characters indeed died or not in the ending, they would surely not be in a sequel. Final Fantasy X left more of an unresolved ending instead of fading off into obscurity like FF7 did.
Sephiroth Posted April 15, 2002 Posted April 15, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i] [B]Why would they make a sequel to FFX, but not FF1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9? If they SERIOUSLY make a Sequel to FFX, but not for FFVII, then I shall go down to Square HQ and beat them with an Inflatable Buster Sword until they see the errors of their ways. [/B][/QUOTE] inflatable you say? hah, I would not be so leniant, I would happily go there and start hacking with a [I]real[/I] masamune, heh heh.... and in reply to CWB's post, yeah, I kinda agree with you there, but a prequel however, would work I believe, focusing on the wutei war and what not....
Break Posted April 15, 2002 Posted April 15, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BulmaVegeta1 [/i] [B]It's worth the wait espically since we get an extra DVD. PS: SG, do you live in the US? (just wanted to know) [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1]No, I live in the UK (I hate the UK, die)... And to CWB, I wouldn't really know because I have completed neither VII or X, but I think the same as Safer. I think that a prequel would be fitting for FFVII. Maybe on the Wutei War, but maybe also on Nanaki's story, because he was experimented on, also Vincent's would be interesting... heck, they're all interesting characters![/SIZE]
Guest Zeh Posted April 15, 2002 Posted April 15, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i] [B] [size=1]No, I live in the UK (I hate the UK, die)... And to CWB, I wouldn't really know because I have completed neither VII or X, but I think the same as Safer. I think that a prequel would be fitting for FFVII. Maybe on the Wutei War, but maybe also on Nanaki's story, because he was experimented on, also Vincent's would be interesting... heck, they're all interesting characters![/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=indigo]Think Breath of Fire IV.... you bounce from one story to another, with different characters... they eventually meet though.... [/COLOR]
Guest BulmaVegeta1 Posted April 15, 2002 Posted April 15, 2002 I hope it really isn't just a rumor. But I do beleive that a sequel would be better for FFX because FFX sort of left a big chunk of a story behind. I didn't like the ending (I'm not telling why), but I really do hope that they do make a sequel. On a few other websites, they say that the FFX sequel is already out in Japan, though I'm not totally sure if they're right. They're discussing on making an American version of the sequel, but it might not happen. I just might have to buy the Japanese version.
JCBaggee Posted April 16, 2002 Posted April 16, 2002 [color=red][size=3]VII needs the sequel...and they left the end pretty open, so they could do it too. [i]Looks at Sephiroth's sig[/i] Hmm...? Ohhhhhh...[/size] [size=4]HONK![/SIZE] [size=1][i]Sorry about that color error...--JC, 4-16-02[/i][/color][/size]
Desbreko Posted April 16, 2002 Posted April 16, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i] [B]and in reply to CWB's post, yeah, I kinda agree with you there, but a prequel however, would work I believe, focusing on the wutei war and what not.... [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]I totally agree with this! I think a FFVII prequel would be totally awsome! I usually enjoy prequels, because they usually tell more of the story behind the previous game (such as the Zelda series). You know what would be cool? Do a prequel to FFVII where you can play as Sephiroth (the old Sephiroth, that Cloud flings off into the Mako Reactor). You could have him as one character, while others from FFVII have their own scenarios. Maybe Cloud and Tifa in Nibelheim could be one of the scenarios, and then Red XIII, and others. I think that would be the best! [size=4]HONK![/size][/color]
Guest Steiner Posted April 18, 2002 Posted April 18, 2002 Id like to see a sequal to FF9 and u being the daughter of zidane and Garnet . And in the game Zidanes an old man. Hehehe i bet he would still be a smart ***.
Hikaru Kaiba Posted April 18, 2002 Posted April 18, 2002 Yeah, that would be cool. But there's a long FF tradition of the games never being related.
Darkness Posted May 3, 2002 Posted May 3, 2002 The site is screwed up. Anyway, I was talking to a friend of mine and he told about this before I heard about it here. I would love to finally have a final fantasy sequel, this had one of the best storylines for it. Also, I don't think that ff VII needs to have a sequel. They gave you an idea of what happened (eventhough the ending sucked). FFX had, what I thought was a good ending and then left room for them to work with some ideas. I think that they were comtemplating a sequel when they started making that one!
Zidargh Posted May 3, 2002 Posted May 3, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i] [B] [COLOR=indigo]Think Breath of Fire IV.... you bounce from one story to another, with different characters... they eventually meet though.... [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] Oh god that seriously annoyed me, the way Nina and Ryu have been through so much, in the 4th one, they dont know eachother! Ok(Grmmm...*Cough*) well an inflatable buster sword in Flash's hands would be hilarious. I really dont see any of the same characters in a sequel to any of he Final Fantasy games. As Hironobu Sakaguchi said 'I dot no plan to create any sequels for the Final Fantasy era, as the gamers out there will not be dissapointed. Let alone the fact that 'Final Fantasy' was only going to be one game'' So whatever happens...... happens. But an FF6(3 in the US) with sort of Grandia 2 graphics on the PS2, now that's a good idea. :D *Walks around and falls over*)
zidane11 Posted May 7, 2002 Posted May 7, 2002 I would like a sequal to either one. They had tons of people who had wrote saying that they wanted a sequal to FF7. As long as it was a good game then It would probaly get better sales. The prequal sounded like a good idea to. There are tons of thoughts about this.
conpiracymonki Posted May 27, 2002 Posted May 27, 2002 [b]If they ever do, what'd they call em? 'FFVII II'? lol Yeah, I guess it'd be cool to have a prequel with Wutai, and maybe new/old (depends how you look at it) characters, and maybe a few switches to Sephiroth as he begins to change, and Cloud as he goesthrough the Zack ordeal.... or something like that...[/b]
Tima Posted May 31, 2002 Posted May 31, 2002 the rumor about the japenese sequal to FFX isn't a rumor, they already have it out there, its called FFX international
Desbreko Posted June 1, 2002 Posted June 1, 2002 [color=indigo]FFX International isn't a sequel to FFX, it just has some stuff added to the original game. Kind of like they did with the US version of FFVII, where they added two other WEAPONs.[/color]
conpiracymonki Posted June 1, 2002 Posted June 1, 2002 [b]What? In FFVII, the US had 2 extra WEAPONs? Which ones?[/b]
Desbreko Posted June 1, 2002 Posted June 1, 2002 [color=indigo]The Emerald WEAPON (the one in the ocean), and the Ruby WEAPON (the one in the desert). I think the UK and Australian versions also have these included, but I'm not sure. I know the Japanese version doesn't have them, though.[/color]
Flash Posted June 1, 2002 Posted June 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i] [B][color=indigo]The Emerald WEAPON (the one in the ocean), and the Ruby WEAPON (the one in the desert). I think the UK and Australian versions also have these included, but I'm not sure. I know the Japanese version doesn't have them, though.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Heh... Of course the Aus. and UK versions had those weapons...
Desbreko Posted June 1, 2002 Posted June 1, 2002 [color=indigo]Yeah, I thought that they did... But my point was that they're just doing the same sort of thing with FFX International. Only this time, it's the Japanese that are getting the extras... Of course, they'll have to buy another copy of practically the same game... But anyway, FFX International is not a sequel to FFX, just to clear that up.[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now