Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, since..... ohhh I dunno, 1996? Sumthin like that... :drunk: ...I've been pretty much addicted to all sorts of racing games.

[list]
TOCA World Championship Racing (not quite sure of name)
Hot Wheels
Overdrive
Test Drive 4
Top Gear 1, 2
All motorbike games I've happened to have seen....
Destruction Derby RAW
Destruction Derby
Destruction Derby 2
Destruction Derby 64
Wipeout
[/list]

Now there might be alot more than them racing games out, though I've played them a hella lot lately, just can't get enough of 'em... :drunk:

...So I ask, what gener of games are you guys preferably addicted to?
Posted
I LOVE rpg's, dunno why, I just do, fighting games too, if there's a fighting game, chances are, I kick supreme butt in it, heh....

I also like survival horror games, such as resident evil and silent hill, and I'm beginning to become a pretty big fan of FPS....
Posted
Heck, I like any type of game, except for a few puzzle and most sports games... RPG, Strategy, FPS, And Arcade Shooters would have to be my favourites.

EDIT--And by the way, it's Genre ;)
Posted
Stand back! There's a white boy coming through! I fixed the title of this thread, so worry about that no longer. ;)

This is kind of like a favorite thread, but I think it's done in a clever, intelligent sort of way, so I'll let it pass unless people start doing one word posts and stuff ('Begin Post' Rpg 'End post').

I'm most addicted to action games and rpgs. I tend to lose interest with most fighters fairly quickly, but a good quest never fails to keep me coming back to the controller after a long day of busting my butt.
Posted
[color=royablue]I like virtually any genre except sport. For me, sports games are about as boring as they come...unless it's some kind of weird sports game, like Athlete Kings for Saturn...*sigh*, it was a fun game, but too short. :(

I like new, innovative games and concepts. Stuff like Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion -- they're what gaming is all about.

I also [i]loved[/i] ICO. Absolutely brilliant.

I'm not a huge fighter fan...I usually only buy one or two fighting games per "generation" of consoles. Those games are just too repetitive for me these days.

I particularly love games like Zelda and ICO...though they're both quite different, they are both unique...and both are just overflowing with atmosphere.

I guess that's why I also like the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games. Both games are just filled with atmosphere and detail...you can tell that their creators worked lovingly on them to get them exactly right.

I also like Real Time Strategy games -- I play Red Alert 2 on PC at least once a day. lol

It's wonderful...I never get tired of it. :)[/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]


My favorite Genre would probably have to be RPG's...ever since I was a little kid with a Ninendo and Zelda in my room. Then I found out about Squaresoft and the world of Final Fantasy in '93 and FFVII captured me completely.

Then coming second would be Adventure and the survival horror genre starting with, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Megaman X, Silent Hill, Ico, and Fatal Frame. The ambient nature of the last three games really go with the PS2.

Racing would come in third because I only have a few games...starting with Gran Turismo since my dad used to be a mechanic and saw the game for the PSX and bought it...I played along and got hooked.[/color]
Posted
I really like RPG's, although FPS games were my first love. :love: (Yes I am a geek.) I'm starting to get into puzzle games now because of Ico, that's a really cool game.
Posted
I am a fan of Survival Horror...I like to be scared and fear sleeping and start having the old childhood fear of the boggyman under the bed or the monstor in the closet come back. Then I like Action games like Grand Theft Auto 3 and Metal Gear Solid 2 because of the excitement and action that are brought front.
Guest Imsirion
Posted
I like all of them EXCEPT, sports and racing.Extrteme sports can be fun but things like baseball,football,basketball,hockey and on and on,whatever, I hate them. I find racing games sooo boring too.
Im also not much of a social gamer either, I perfer to be by myself with games.
Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[color=teal]I'm not going to waste your time with exactly which ones I love and hate, so I will pick one out of each category to make it simple.

My favorite would have to be action. This is mainly because of Metal Gear Solid 2, heh. I like action because of how it goes on in the game ( like how Dragonball Z goes on in the saga without a new adventure each episode), and even has quite a few other genres mixed in. You can make an action game with pretty much anything, and when something like MGS2 results, you can't help but love it.

My least favorite has to be racing. As hard as I try, I can never really get into the genre of racing. So many of these racing games follow the great laws of physics, especailly Gran Turismo 3, where everything you do most likely results in a real-life situation. But I play games to get away from the realism, to live in an atmosphere where the sky is the limit. Hence, realistic games just arn't may bag, and racing ties in there perfectly. And no, I would not count running over, killing, and stealing cars a normal day's work, excluding Grand Theft Auto 3 from my list of un-liked games.

Hmm, looks as though I did end up wasting your time, heh.[/color]

:blah:
Posted
I tend to like all types of genre, I know I've played at least one game from each genre and enjoyed them alot.:)

First off I really like Action/Adventure games like the Megaman series, Sonic the Hedgegog series, the Mario series, and so on.

Then comes the RPGs, I really like those type of games with good storys, characters, battle engines, and so on.

Next are the fighting games, as James mentioned fighting games tend to get repetative real quickly, but there always fun when its the first time through playing the game.

And finally platformers, sure games like Jak & Daxter, Maximo, Crash Bandicoot are all fun and all, but theres nothing like Mario 64, that was the game that gotted me into platformers.:)
Guest Morph
Posted
Some of my favorite would probably be RPG's, FPS, Action, and some Adventure
Posted
Probably the most addictive game in sports, apart from racing, is Twisted Edge (apart from its graphics), 1080 Snowboarding, and all the Wrestling games (though those could also be included in Fighting)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...