Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Should OtakuBoards have a yaoi/yuri subforum?  

28 members have voted

  1. 1. Should OtakuBoards have a yaoi/yuri subforum?

    • Yes
      25
    • No
      3


Recommended Posts

Posted
recently, James and I have been discussing whether or not to add a subforum in general anime

this would be, as the title suggests, a yaoi and yuri forum

some debate has been argued to, however, as to whether or not there is a demand for it, so to settle it, we have decided to just add this poll and see what YOU think

the subforum would be for the discussion of yaoi/yuri, the showing of pics, etc.

however, in no way will be allow pornographic images in the forum, and no, two guys kissing doesn't count as pornographic

as you all probably know by now, I'm all for it on this subject, I'd love to have a yaoi/yuri forum, but what is the point in creating a forum if no one will visit it?

that is why I have created this poll, tell us whether or not you want a yaoi/yuri forum....

Safer Out

ps. for those who don't know, yaoi is male/male anime, and yuri is girl/girl anime....
Posted
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should probably call the forum shonen ai/yaoi shoujou ai/yuri

Shounen and Shoujou both refer to anime-like drawings in romance with same sex characters.... Yaoi and Yuri tend to mean actual anime charatcers in romance or sex with same sex characters from other or the same anime.
Posted
[color=green]Sometimes the two of you scare me....

Sure why not? But General Anime rarely gets posted in, so splitting it up into sub forums might hurt it a bit.[/color]
Posted
I say yeah! Though, the problem is some members are pretty young and they wouldn't really know how to distinguish pornography and images of yaoi/yuri and neither would their parents. Their might be some kind of warning before entering those forums, so one of the staff and stuff gets blamed for images of yaoi/yuri. Also, there is that point which Shyguy brings up. ><
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Well, I'm not a big fan of that style of anime, however if done I would be for it, you just won't really find me in that forum much!;)
Posted
Heh....... Well, I say go for it. I mean, some people just have different sexual prefences than others, and those people should have a place where they can go and speak freely without having to worry about others ridiculing them...

So, I voted yes...
Guest Morph
Posted
I vote yes, because it has no affect on me what so ever, but I wouldn't care if they post something that others also like
Posted
Sure why not? And anyways, i you don't like it just stay away from it. There seems to be a problem with some people...there's a big, fat warning that says yaoi or yuri on a story or website, and EXPLAINS what it is. But people who hates this stuff decide to go in anyway and start annoying the hell outta people.
Guest Deranged Gerbil
Posted
I definately think we should have this forum, as a yaoi viewer myself, I am behind it 110%. It would keep me coming back to otaku more often
Posted
*laughs* I'm for it as well. I don't see what the problem would be, as long as there is a warning for the people who are offended by it so there won't be any problems. I'm just glad that if we do get a yaoi/yuri forum, that pornographic posting is forbidden cause I'm against porn entirely... But, yes, I have to agree, the forums should be called 'shoujo ai' and 'shounen ai' because yaoi and yuri are explicit... I think. lol
Posted
comrade Seppy...you have my vote!

-Justin

PS: I noticed that you stole my [i]Kamakazi out[/i] gimmic and turned it into "seppy out"...you sly bastard ;)

-Justin
Posted
[color=purple]I'm all for it! I lurve yaoi and yuri.. though there isnt much yuri to be found that doesnt in some way or another link to the two Sailor Senshis.. But yaoi is bountiful and I love it..

Now give me a reason why not :evil3:[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]wtf?! all you people scare me.... especially you Seph...

o.O;; no, i vote no... :drunk: [/B][/QUOTE]

Too late, it's already in the works....

anyway, I don't think this topic is needed anymore considering it was already decided on.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...