Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[font=gothic]Part of the reason I think religion is a faulty premise. They keep changing their story. Not so long ago, they believed the scriptures told absolute truth. Then science started to prove them wrong, and they had to rush around contradicting themselves for a while.[/font]
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
thats true.

I personally am a catholic, but i am starting to find it all a bit iffy, them telling us that this and that is wrong, not to mention the countless other religions which have other gods etc
Posted
[font=gothic]Glad to be of service. The other thing though, is that no matter how divinely inspired someone is, no one would ever get the message entirely right. So a misinterpretation would lead to possible major misconceptions.[/font]
Posted
Jesus Chicken, I was in it too, I was the second man. That religion represtented everything we have been discussing, making mockery of commandments, Baggin other religions, but it was great fun ;)
Guest cloricus
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lateralised [/i]
[B]Religious people are not here to bang in to your head that jesus existed and god created the earth, only to aid you [/B][/QUOTE]

WHAT. THAT IS BS!!!!!!!

I haven't read any post after this, but that is wrong.
We have religious people coming in to our channel all the time trying to convince use that Jesus loves us and that you should put all your faith in him and god.
Posted
[font=gothic]Them: Jesus loves you.

Us(in monotone): Jesus loves us.

Kind of thing. Providence is the worst from of optimism, so I'd agree with you that that kind of belief is slightly irrational. I'll refrain from being as vulgar as you.[/font]
Posted
[font=gothic]If you think you can offend people, you should read some of the interpretations of some of my posts...

Nobody is really going to get offended here. Everybody has their own opinions yes, we're just debating the validity of the beliefs behind the opinions. [/font]
Posted
People can say what they want, if they want to say Jesus loves us, be my guest. If i want to say I don't belive a word of it. I expect the same respect...
I don't mean to offend anyone.
Posted
[font=gothic]Now that we've all established that nobody is out to offend anyone, can we all stop spamming and get back on topic? Personally, I'm interested in this thread continuing, so I'd appreciate it if we all stopped going out of our way to get it closed. Where were we...[/font]
Guest cloricus
Posted
Cloricus gets back to where they left off...

...And way, $50 bucks that America gets in to a war with Iraq, and another $50 says they get their buts kicked.
Posted
[font=gothic]Alright, we'll do this the hard way. We were all talking about the validity of religious views in relation to war, or something along those lines. I forget who exactly started it. To pose a question that might get things back on track... It has been noted that no matter the different beliefs, some things remain the same. Does anyone really think that if whatever Creator Deity they worship, such a being really condones killing for any reason?[/font]
Guest cloricus
Posted
?[I]Some would ask how could a perfect god create
a universe filled with so much that is evil?
They have missed a greater conundrum.
Why would perfect god create a universe at all?[/I]?

- Sister Mireum Godwinson
- ?But for the grace of God?
Guest cloricus
Posted
Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist."

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov,
- "For I Have Tasted The Fruit"
Guest cloricus
Posted
You have no power over us, leave it to the mods.

Now unless you have some thing to say regarding the topic, not just trying to be the boss I would ask you to be quiet.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...