OtakuBoards

The War on Anything That Moves

Guest cloricus
With millions of dollars more, from the aid money we send.

That is very mean but it would be true.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkred]Well, I have been away for a while and by the rate I am going I may not be on for a few more days after this. Eleven pages! Even though the last four have been entirely comprised of banter from Harlequin, Cloricus, Gokents and Jesus Chicken - I am rather enjoying it. Don't bother with the topic, as long as you aren't taking advantage of my thread to spamm your a**es off, have fun. From George Bush to GM... interesting, I wonder where it will go next?

[/color]

i just want to say thanks to raven tourture because he seems to be cool with seeing myself and others go on and on about the same stuff in his thread. with out getting angry, and without personal opinion swaying his views.
also id like to say that ive read all the above and im just not sure about gm.
did anyone ever see that horrid movie gatica. gm not a natural step and im a natural type of guy. i would say no matter what the benefit it probally isnt worth the cost. but thats just to me. i dont have diabeties (sp?) or any other kind of dehabilitation. so that could keep me from seeing a benefit that would directly change my life. i want everyone to have a good life and with that in mind, i say, let them have gm, just keep it away from me. unless its natural.
i also want to say im not trying to spam and i thought i was keeping a good debate alive not just argueing. sorry and thanks for you patience.

Guest cloricus
Gokents Raven is a she...

Gatica I think was GM taken to far, I would protest if it got that far.

yes indeed raven is a good person for allowing this to continue on.
i never said anything but good stuff.
but i did want to bring up the point that the devil concept was in existance before the 15th century.
he is in the new testament and i know that was written before the 10th century. infact it was written before the calapse of rome. just something to think about.

[B] I am an American (although I live in England ugh!), I hate Bush, I don't like Texas but I don't hate it, it's probably a beautiful state in its own way. Enough said really but this has kinda gone off topics hasn't it...Not my place to say...[/B]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B]And I don't really give a **** what you think. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I have been monitoring this topic for a while, and this is something that I [b]don't[/b] want to see. You're allowed to argue, disagree, and counterbalance each other as much as you like, but the line gets drawn at small personal attacks. cloricus, watch your mouth from now on.[/color]

I don't understand you people. Why do you think blowing up the world with nukes is a good idea?? WHY? you yourself would be killed, too. Ok, so maybe they don't nuke YOUR country, but you will die from the radiation. I mean, it DOESN"T stay contained in one area. It would spread across the seas and eventually into your country(yes, EVEN Australia) and kill you. I don't understand why nukes are good (unless, of course, you WANT to die for some unfathomable reason)

Guest cloricus
People here seem to over estimate the power of a nuclear weapon.

Gokents there has been many translations of the bible and retranslations.
The church has changed many things in the bible for example priests not being able to marry, before the feudal system they where aloud to.
The devil in the sense it is to day did [B]not[/B] exist before the 15th century. The reason that it was brought in was that it would give the people in control more power over the normal poor people.
Read about it.

-I am sorry for excessive swearing in this thread and have stoped.-

hey its cool i dont agree being that the depictions of the devil i think of are the ones from old and new testement, but icuold see where ur coming from. john milton didnt write paridise lost till something like 1640 so... i guess.
i just think of the devil from the bible.
and i think of how, by the 1500s everything in christianity went hay wire, but really what i wonder is if you really read all this stuff you tell me to. i spend time studing and reading out of personal interest, but i wonder what your story is (clorius) in fact would you should elabrate more on this idea of the 15th cetury being the redefining year for the devil.

[font=gothic]You know cloricus, you're assuming that the Christion religion has more basis than any other. Every other religion has had it's devil figures. The Norse had Hel (Interesting coincidence no?), the Greeks Hades, etc. The personification of death/evil (the distinction was a little vague in many societies) has always been around. The Church realised that people weren't really afraid of death that much, and as such, weren't really interested in a religious life. So they invented something to punish the sinners. I wouldn't even be surprised if they rewrote it into the Bible. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bible had been rewritten multiple times. But I have no idea when that was, so I can't back up cloricus's 1500s theory.[/font]

Guest cloricus
It's not my theory and it did happen. It has been cataloged in history books and if you ask the church they will tell you the same.

Don't talk to me about religion, I don't care.

[font=gothic]If you remember, I'm at least as anti-religious as you. Probably more so, as I'm more scientific than you are. If you remember something else, the Christian religion has not been able to agree on doctorine since its instigation, so it would depend on who you asked. And if you don't want people to talk to you about religion, why did you bring it up?[/font]