OtakuBoards

The War on Anything That Moves

Guest cloricus
China has proceeded.
They don't have an ethics committee that I am aware of.

I do not know very much about "Selective Breeding" so I will have made some mistakes, which Harlequin has pointed out.
I do know allot about GM. (T-cell, GEM, GT etc.) It is in my best interests to do so.

This is off the subject of war.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well back on the subject... hopefully?
What dost thou think of the whole thingy with India and Pakistan...
Does everyone really think that if a war broke out between the two and nukes became involved... That it would mean the apocalypse(spelling?) or is that just some stupid thing people have?

Guest cloricus
Apocalypse is right.

I doubt it; they?re not that stupid. When they heard of the stats if they did have a nuke war, provided by the UN. India backed down immediately and stated that they would not fire a nuclear weapon unless one was dropped on their soil.

[font=gothic]At which point they'd be too messed up to do anything in retaliation anyway...

Really though, if Pakistan and India go to war, they should do it right. Killing a mere few soldiers who were only killed because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time isn't war, it's a skirmish. If they're going to bother the rest of the world with threats of war, at least resolve the situation one and for all. Otherwise, it will just recurr every few years. Every generation at best. On a large picture, the death toll would end up being less if one completely destroyed the other now, than possible aeon's of strife.[/font]

which would you prefer?
hehehe
Very true my freind... but still a good ole' bit of skirmish has never stopped anyone in the past...
I (no offence) personaly couldn't care really... Its the same as the whole war on terrorism thingy.
It's not close enough to me to have any real effect...
I will continue to be myself, an obnoxious prick, regardless what happens.
Do you really think that it will have a huge effect on you?

[font=gothic]Hehehe, I'm with you there. Although, you know that I wouldn't care no matter what.

To keep this on something resembling topic, and perhaps to back up my earlier point, doesn't this kind of sentiment just show what all these skirmishes do? They desensitise people. I mean, every night, we hear something like "Two civilians died today", or something. Eventually we just think, So what? People die. It's war. What do they expect?. And we just tend to ignore it. So really, skirmishes are even worse than real war.[/font]

Very true...
I still stand by my view that if I walked outside and saw a headless corpse lying at my door, I would be slighty mentally shattered, but you're right. All we seem to hear about is that people are dying in a country somewhere near the middle east. All it does is prove that perhaps we WOULd be better off if they just blew each other away?

[font=gothic]Just as a note, if anybody wants to get on Jesus Chicken's back about his comments, save your time. It's my fault he's like that.

The thing is though, even if they blew each other away, there would still be citizens in other countries, people who had left their homeland, only to find it completely destroyed, who would most certainly resort to the original problems. We'd just have another wave of terrorists. When it comes to war, there is never a solution that everybody likes, and if you really want to kill people to solve your problems, you had better be prepared to kill the whole damn world. Not that I'd object if someone did that... LIFE IS AN ABERRATION OF TIME AND SPACE![/font]

clorious. i just want to get one thing straight. most i what i said is true. i personally think that if you had really found me wrong, you would have taken much pleasure in proving so. instead you just say ... your wrong.... and thats it.
its like a debate where someone is backed into a corner and says im against this, and when asked why, they just say... because...
come up with some facts about what you and i were talking about... not gm.
then if you want to continue... by all means go on.

i formally have not thoughts on g.m.

I hate to ignore people but, gotenks and cloricus PM each other if you want to argue, or please try to stick to the discussion.
Still, Harlequin, it's been way too long since something was blown up...
I've got an idea! (Warning this will most definalty offend)
track down all the middle eastern people. Tell all of them they have one a free speedboat, but they have to go to india or pakistan to get it... and blow it up!

That was my point originally...
But, Harlequin, if you're saying that it would be better off if none of us existed, HOW WOULD YOU KNOW!?
Life is experiences... Without it, none of us would be able to complain about how crap it all is and that everthing is a huge mistake...
What would happen then?
Some other race would have the same crappy problems as us. So really its like a giant Trail-and-Error thingy to see who screws up first, is or them...
I think this just goes to show that its the Devil in control, not anything else...

Whatever you want to call it, I don't care, I just used something that everyone is seemingly familiar with.
Here let me change that.
It just goes to show that the side on which God is aperenlty supposed to be on, is probably not the side which is in control.

[font=gothic]Are you assuming the Devil, as an entity, to be the personification of evil? If so, it doesn't matter whether the devil existed or not. The concept of evil was still around. And Jesus Chicken, we control our own lives. No higher power is watching over our shoulder, waiting to condemn us. Although that is just aa personal opinion.[/font]

Still, some crazy people have had that problem with a particular suspicion, close to the definition you just gave..
I problem I think many need to despense of, or dispense of themselves amd see if they're right or not.
Yeah I feel like finding some religious idiot and braking them, using my idea that Jesus was a Chocobo...

Guest cloricus
I would say that the "One God" theory says that the god as we know it today didn't exist until B.C. 3500 approx. But I would only do that to annoy you; anyway I think you are mostly right.

Would any one really care if they did wipe them selves out?
(Apart from there families and it would be allot dead, but really?)

And one nuke would not knock out the whole area; the EMP would but there not a very technologically advanced nation so it wouldn't affect them. One nuke can only in reality take out about 50 k curricle.

Guest cloricus
Russia is not that bad.... I think...

Where in Australia so it shouldn't really affect us.

You know the arms deal done by America and Russia to cut back on nukes. Well after that they still have enough to wipe each other out anyway.