OtakuBoards

The Gene Suzuka Connection?

Shy

[color=green]I have watched Outlaw Star ALOT, and after careful analysis I believe that Suzuka is in love with Gene, and that Gene has strong feelings towards Suzuka.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Post your thoughts here...[/color]

Umm......well you are a little mistaken. Suzuka wants to kill Gene not fall in love with him. She hasn't killed him yet because she likes him and not a love kind of way. Gene doesn't have feelings for Suzuka and probaly never will. What makes you think she likes him in the first place?

[color=green]In the "Grave of the dragon" episode, Gene and Suzuka have a long conversation about Gene's feelings towards Melfina. It seems obvious to me that she continues asking him questions about his relationship with Melfina because she loves Gene, and wants to know if he shares those feelings.

In the second to last episode when Suzuka fought Ikarode (or whatever his name is) he asks her if she has any feelings for Gene. She never tells him, so it leaves me to wonder...

In the opening of the show, when the lyrics "My Dreams" are spoken it shows Suzuka. Does Gene dream of Suzuka?

In "Creeping Evil" Suzuka is prepared to fight to the death for an injured Gene, even though this is only a few episodes after she vowed to kill him.

Suzuka grew up as an Assasin, and she can't display her emotions correctly.

How much evidence do you people need!?[/color]

she has no feellings like what you are talking about.
just cause she had a talk about genes love life doesnt mean she wants to be in it.
she only didnt tell him because he liked suzuka, (used her image) he was obsessed, not answering his question was just to make him mad. she had no feelings for him, but knew the other fella would think she did if she didnt answer. suzuka is smart enough to know that a man fighting and thinking about love, isnt as much a dangerous fighter.
but i give you credit for looking deeply into the show.

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][color=green]In the "Grave of the dragon" episode, Gene and Suzuka have a long conversation about Gene's feelings towards Melfina. It seems obvious to me that she continues asking him questions about his relationship with Melfina because she loves Gene, and wants to know if he shares those feelings.

In the second to last episode when Suzuka fought Ikarode (or whatever his name is) he asks her if she has any feelings for Gene. She never tells him, so it leaves me to wonder...

In the opening of the show, when the lyrics "My Dreams" are spoken it shows Suzuka. Does Gene dream of Suzuka?

In "Creeping Evil" Suzuka is prepared to fight to the death for an injured Gene, even though this is only a few episodes after she vowed to kill him.

How much evidence do you people need!?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

hmmm, very good points, maybe there is something between them.

[color=crimson][size=1]I think that maybe she might like him just a little. Suzuka is such an awesome character, but her and Gene don't seem like they'd fit well together. I think that Gene and Melfina were just fine together. I don't remember Gene ever saying if he was in love with Melfina or not...but I always thought he was. Was he?[/color][/size]

I would think so. I some of the eps, he does have that longing look in his eyes when he looks at Mel. And then in "Return to Space", Gene and Mel had that little kiss scene, so I think it's safe to say they like each other.

• 4 weeks later...
[B][color=green]In the "Grave of the dragon" episode, Gene and Suzuka have a long conversation about Gene's feelings towards Melfina. It seems obvious to me that she continues asking him questions about his relationship with Melfina because she loves Gene, and wants to know if he shares those feelings.

How much evidence do you people need!?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, I think that Sazuka has very strong feelings for Gene, but is afriad to admit. But Gene on the other hand is with Melfina now, and I think that would stop anything from happening between them. :p

Ummm...let me point something out. Have ANY of you watched the final episode in the American series? If Gene had ANY feelings for Suzuka, then why the hell did he kiss Melfina? A direct quote: "All I really want... is you." Those words were spoken to MELFINA, NOT Suzuka. Although I can't get why he didn't also ask the Galactic Leiline for the money to pay Fred off.

How much evidence do you people need!?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=crimson] This is kinda pointless, the pirate Suzuka fights in "Maze of Despair" is Hitoriga.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rainy [/i]
[B][COLOR=crimson] This is kinda pointless[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
What is that supposed to mean?
On to th subject, I agree. Suzuka has strong feelings for Gene, but I don't think it would be like her to admit something like that.
She is a warrior, besides if she didn't love him, don't you think she would have kept her vow to kill him, and sliced his head off, while he was asleep or something? But, Gene being with Melfina would prevent anything from ever happening. Kinda sucks for Twilight don't it! :p

I have seen every episode at least four times, including an episode banned by Cartoon Network! In the episode where Suzuka is trying to kill Fred Lowe (sp?) Gene interferes and ends up humiliating her. So now she wants to kill Gene for the humiliation. Through the whole series, with the exception of that episode (I don't remember the title), never once does she try to kill Gene. In a whole bunch of episodes she ends up saving his life. Then again, so do Aisha and Melfina. I think she only stuck with the group because Gene was the only one that ever out- smarted her. I also believe she might have small feelings of love towards Gene. But, in the episodes with the space race she actually ditches the rest of the Outlaw Star crew, and goes on vacation. Also, there is the episode Maze of Despair, where she points out she was only using Gene to get revenge on a pirate, and she had noticed the pirates always seemed to be near Gene so she stuck with him for that reason as well. It is true in that episode that she is asked if she is in love with Gene after she tells him to go and find Melfina. She doesn't answer, so I related it back to the episode Grave of the Dragon when Gene and her have a long conversation about Gene's feelings toward Melfina. I believe that she realized how much Gene cared for Melfina, and wanted them to be happy, even if she did have her own feelings for Gene. I think she did have feelings at one point, but then got rid of them when she realized that Gene loved Melfina, she probably hid them so Gene would not realize that she loved him and she was actually jealous of Melfina. This is a theory that I just created now! :D I hope it helped!!
By the way, was Aisha only with them because she wanted the treasure from the Galactic Leyline, or were there other reasons? In few episodes she became like a mother-figure for Jim, and in other episodes she saved Gene's life, and in other episodes she allied with Suzuka. Also, I think at one point in the show, she said she also wanted to kill Gene. What's Aisha's connection with Gene? (I hope this isn't considered spamming *sweatdrops*)

~Luminaire~ :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CrimsonDragon [/i]
[B]
[/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=crimson] I meant, "This is kinda pointless, but.." As in my comment was kind of pointless, not the whole topic. I just forgot the word "but". Sorry! ^^;[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
A person with 5 posts, and 2 of them being utter garbage I think you should consider thinking out your posts more.. heh

Refering to this topic.. i have only seen the first episode... i want to knwo where i can get more eps. hehe.. i cannot afford to go out and buy them. .anyway... i think Gene is just a woman crazy dudde anyway ...from his appearances in the first episode..and.. hehe Jim kix ***! hehe.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CrimsonDragon [/i]
[B]
On to th subject, I agree. Suzuka has strong feelings for Gene, but I don't think it would be like her to admit something like that.
She is a warrior, besides if she didn't love him, don't you think she would have kept her vow to kill him, and sliced his head off, while he was asleep or something? But, Gene being with Melfina would prevent anything from ever happening. Kinda sucks for Twilight don't it! :p [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, yes. I agree as well. Sazuka has the feelings for Gene. That is almost certain, but Gene on the other hand. :drunk: You can only wonder. What if Gene and Melfina hadn't fallen in love?
::Starts Thinking::

i would go with shyguy on this one, yeah i know! Don't hurt me! But sure suzuka hates him and wants to kill him, don't all girls feel that way at some point about the guy they have eyes for, but I think she might have a thing for him anyway. But then again the killing thing also might have something with her making a vow to kill him and that will put a damper on any relationship....but thats just me. But Gene and Melfina are just so darn cute together.

I too am going with Shyguy on this one. Suzuka expresses strong feeling for Gene throughout the series, I would go through my dvd collection and point them out, but as you can see Shyguy already covered most of them. Of course Melfina is in the way of any possible happenings of a relationship between the two.

I think that after gene beat suzuka, she realized that he wasn't just another stupid weakling and wanted to be his friend. So all thats between suzuka and gene is a really strong friendship.

The only reason suzuka was interested in gene's feelings for melphina was that she was concerned for his welfare. She didn't want him to get hurt if melphina ended up running off with harry macdougal.

In the episode "maze of despair" suzuka didnt answer that guys question because she didnt know if he meant does she love him as a friend or something more.

That is actualy some really good insight on things Marron347, But, I still beleve that Suzuka loved Gene, but there was just nothing they could do, because he fell deeply in love with Melfina, before he could ever realise what happened between him and Suzuka.