OtakuBoards

Aaliyah's Dead.....OMG!!!!!

Lady Saiya-jin

You guys, I'm highly upset right now..read this it just came on the news.......It's weird because we were just talking about her in another topic.....may she rest in peace....

Singer Aaliyah, 7 Others Killed in Plane Crash in Bahamas

.c The Associated Press

MARSH HARBOUR, Bahamas (Aug. 26) - R&B singer and actress Aaliyah died Saturday when a small plane that was to carry her and eight others back to the United States crashed after takeoff in the Bahamas, authorities said.

Eight were killed, and one critically injured man was flown to Florida for treatment, officials said.

''We find it devastating and most unfortunate that after having this world-famous star Aaliyah and her crew select the Bahamas as their choice location for her latest video, the project has climaxed on such a tragic note,'' said Minister of Tourism Tommy Turnquest, who happened to be visiting Abaco Island, where the plane went down.

Aaliyah's song ''Try Again'' earned her a Grammy nomination for best female R&B vocalist. She made her feature acting debut in the film ''Romeo Must Die.''

Bahamian national television quoted the civil aviation department as saying Aaliyah was among nine Americans on board.

The private plane was leaving the Marsh Harbour airport on a trip to Opa-locka, Fla. when it went down Saturday evening, said police spokesman Marvin Dames.

Abaco Island Chief Councilor Silbert Mills said those killed included two women and six men.

Islander Derek Russell, who worked for the group during the video shoot, said he got the artist's autograph before the accident.

''She's a nice girl, a friendly girl,'' he said.

The cause of the crash was unclear. Kathleen Bergen, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration in Atlanta, said the plane was a Cessna 402 owned by Skystream, a company based in Pembroke Pines, Fla. She said the plane crashed at the end of the airport's runway at 6:50 p.m.

AP-NY-08-26-01 0023EDT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to be rude in anyway.... but Where did you find this news?

I looked on MTV.com and they said nothing of the sort.... it may just be a rumor... i haven't seen anything on the news either.... i remember way back people said that Eminem was killed and just recently Justin Timberlake and Britney Speares.... all were rumors and not true.....

I don't have any proof to back that up.... and I know for a fack 80% of info found on the web is either exagerated or completely false....

i saw it on the news.. I y was actually apreiveiw for the news and it only happened earlier this evening.. so mtv.com will probably have something on her death on the morning..

But those other stories were stupid jokes.. and weren;t supposed to be taken seriously..

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Saiya-jin [/i]
[B]You guys, I'm highly upset right now..read this it just came on the news.......It's weird because we were just talking about her in another topic.....may she rest in peace....

Singer Aaliyah, 7 Others Killed in Plane Crash in Bahamas

.c The Associated Press

MARSH HARBOUR, Bahamas (Aug. 26) - R&B singer and actress Aaliyah died Saturday when a small plane that was to carry her and eight others back to the United States crashed after takeoff in the Bahamas, authorities said.

Eight were killed, and one critically injured man was flown to Florida for treatment, officials said.

''We find it devastating and most unfortunate that after having this world-famous star Aaliyah and her crew select the Bahamas as their choice location for her latest video, the project has climaxed on such a tragic note,'' said Minister of Tourism Tommy Turnquest, who happened to be visiting Abaco Island, where the plane went down.

Aaliyah's song ''Try Again'' earned her a Grammy nomination for best female R&B vocalist. She made her feature acting debut in the film ''Romeo Must Die.''

Bahamian national television quoted the civil aviation department as saying Aaliyah was among nine Americans on board.

The private plane was leaving the Marsh Harbour airport on a trip to Opa-locka, Fla. when it went down Saturday evening, said police spokesman Marvin Dames.

Abaco Island Chief Councilor Silbert Mills said those killed included two women and six men.

Islander Derek Russell, who worked for the group during the video shoot, said he got the artist's autograph before the accident.

''She's a nice girl, a friendly girl,'' he said.

The cause of the crash was unclear. Kathleen Bergen, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration in Atlanta, said the plane was a Cessna 402 owned by Skystream, a company based in Pembroke Pines, Fla. She said the plane crashed at the end of the airport's runway at 6:50 p.m.

AP-NY-08-26-01 0023EDT [/B][/QUOTE]
hey I was going to post a topic like this, darn you , you beat me to the punch, yeah, she was cool, wasn't her career juts beginning too, :( :( :( :( :( ,*cries loudly*, she was cool, *cries more* *world starts flooding*, *universe starts floding*, WAH, I mis her, I liked her music, man why she die,she was the coolest, WAH, she was one of the best

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by firemac [/i]
[B]
hey I was going to post a topic like this, darn you , you beat me to the punch, yeah, she was cool, wasn't her career juts beginning too, :( :( :( :( :( ,*cries loudly*, she was cool, *cries more* *world starts flooding*, *universe starts floding*, WAH, I mis her, I liked her music, man why she die,she was the coolest, WAH, she was one of the best [/B][/QUOTE]

This might sound cold, but, get over it. Ppl die everyday, and do u ppl ever whine about that? No.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]

This might sound cold, but, get over it. Ppl die everyday, and do u ppl ever whine about that? No. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, it's not being cold it's being real....I have always been a fan of Aaliyah's and she was very talented...I'm just creeped out cuz..we were talking about her here..pretty much at the same time she died....another topic I started called "Favorite Action Flic"...but anyway she will be missed...I'm changing my sig....

Yeah it does sound cold akito. some people just have different understanding of things. I am the same way. A persons death does not really hurt me or anyting but I do feel bad about it but I dont let it bother me. I continue on with my life. Some people just mourn more than others.

[B]

No, it's not being cold it's being real....I have always been a fan of Aaliyah's and she was very talented...I'm just creeped out cuz..we were talking about her here..pretty much at the same time she died....another topic I started called "Favorite Action Flic"...but anyway she will be missed...I'm changing my sig.... [/B][/QUOTE]

She will be missed, that is for sure.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zaku II [/i]
[B]Yeah it does sound cold akito. some people just have different understanding of things. I am the same way. A persons death does not really hurt me or anyting but I do feel bad about it but I dont let it bother me. I continue on with my life. Some people just mourn more than others. [/B][/QUOTE]

It is cold, yes, and it doesn't bother me one bit that she died, i've never even heard of her, maybe cause I've never even watch tv anymore, oh well, I've lost alot of family members to drunk drives, smoking, and heart problems... So, death doesn't really have a affect on me, besides, if I ever die soon, I dun want ppl cryin over me.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]

It is cold, yes, and it doesn't bother me one bit that she died, i've never even heard of her, maybe cause I've never even watch tv anymore, oh well, I've lost alot of family members to drunk drives, smoking, and heart problems... So, death doesn't really have a affect on me, besides, if I ever die soon, I dun want ppl cryin over me. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, Akito...I just have one thing...one song.....beyond that I'm fine and I hope you guys don't think I'm in mourning or anything.....anytime someone dies in their prime...it's sad....so let it be that a sad shocking incident...But some people have a connection..in their own way..k:)

[B]

I agree, Akito...I just have one thing...one song.....beyond that I'm fine and I hope you guys don't think I'm in mourning or anything.....anytime someone dies in their prime...it's sad....so let it be that a sad shocking incident...But some people have a connection..in their own way..k:) [/B][/QUOTE]

I see ur point, unlike me, who walks down a long, cold, lonely road, u and mostly everyone else walks down the road that has caring, loving ppl... Even though I know ppl like that, I normally push them away.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zaku II [/i]
[B]yes, exactly, thats how i feel. I do want to be remmebred for a while though.

BTW* you wouldn't happen to eb the Akito from Gundam.com UBB would you? [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope, why u ask?