Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Lakes.....Ocean......Seas all have beaches what is YOUR nearest beach like.......?

i have a few neat pictures i took today and i love them all GUITAR MAN is in my BANNER.........i took that picture exept the words i added those...but my banner was made out of a picture i took today.......the guy was sitting at the top of the beach over look palying a guitar..........and i took a picture i LOVE that picture

this picture is my favorite beach.......
Posted
The only beach we have i s"Sandy Beach", on the turn of a river....lol.

It's good to go and have a swim, but the main thing it's missing is the waves. Beaches aren't any good without waves....but apart from that, it's alright to go have a picnic on.....
Posted
Thats true snails

its not really a beach without waves but still a beach.

it counts though

heres another beautiful (i think) picture I took
Guest Birdbrain
Posted
our beaches are pretty dirty, the local council has to clean it up like every day... and the local creek is all brown and stuff... i dunno how duck's can live in it...
Posted
[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]My, you have quite a hand with photography... or that beach is just one of those places that look beautiful in any photo.

My opinion was that north queensland had the most beautiful beaches in the world, where the rainforest meets the sea, as they say, and the great barrier reef helps, too... but my favorite beach in the world is Komos beach, on crete, southern greece. It's the longest beach in greece, I think, and it is so nice... mmmm, nice... warm all night, and you can test if the water is too cold to swim by turning aroung and facing east, you can see the mountain tips, if the snow caps more than three mountains, stay away from the water. That's if you are sane, which I am not, so.... yeah. Never do that again, that's for sure...

The beach on Alexandria is so covered in rubbish and crap that it's actually a heath hazard to swim there. People dump truckloads of rubbish onto it daily, and you can't walk on it anymore. In fact, most of Egypt is like that....
When I get photos organised I will post them. [/font][/color]
Posted
I don't care, I love beaches... Too COLD!!! BAH!!!
A beach is a beach, the only thing that annoys me is seaweed, that stuff freaks me out!
I have only been to a few beaches, but the best one I have been to, is in Newcastle (not England).
I have had some great times there, and its not dirty or anything, perfect as you would say.
Guest cloricus
Posted
I really like the beaches in Australia, especially South Australian and Queensland ones.
But the beach I love the best is in South Africa on the western cost and is where the desert meets the beach and there is a road between both, it looks really unnatural.
It is along why from anywhere and has no rubbish and is close to the gem beaches, so you could get very lucky there.

I will look on the net for a pict.
Posted
I only ever been to the beaches in Port Maquarie....and I have to say that they rule...lol. Huge, huge waves....only problem is that some of them have seaweed wash up late in the afternoon. :mad:
Posted
[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]Ok, here is a picture of alexandrian coastline. It's dark, so you can't see anything, but as I suspected, there will not be any pictures of how it [i]really[/i] is, so when I scan my photos i will show you. But I like the sunset in this one anyway.[/color][/font]
Posted
[color=royalblue]I live in Melbourne, so I guess Melbourne (like most Australian cities) is a seaside (or at least, bayside) city.

The most beautiful beaches here are definitely around the Phillip Island area.

There is a beach by the bay, which is totally unpolluted...the water is crystal clear...it's breathtaking. I love it.

And then there are beaches which directly face the ocean -- in the middle of winter, you can sit on the sand and just watch these enormous waves crash against the shore right infront of you...the waves are huge...several times taller than an adult.

It's amazing to watch them come so close. It's a very humbling feeling...and it's inexplicably beautiful. :)

I remember going to a beach at Phillip Island once...a beach where you can't always swim, because it's so rough. But it was kind of dark and overcast...and verging on a storm...and I just sat on the cool sand and watched these big, dark waves...they were maybe only a few metres from where I was sitting.

That was one of the best moments in my life, I think. :)[/color]
Guest Imsirion
Posted
Washington's beaches (northern) have coarse sand and the skies gray and its windy, theres some good beaches but hey, its summer and its still cold, dark ,and rainy (love it here) Oregon beaches are nice though.
Posted
Thanks for the compliment on my PHOTOGRAPHY most of the time that beach is beautifull no matter what the weathers like ....but a lot of the times too its really.......ugly......

but with my photograpy skills i think i improved it....hehehe

heres a sky view .....kind........

our beaches are always normaly really cold but sunset beach is different i dont know why but its always warm

its always fun durring the summer to hike around on the rocks and things......i love this beach the most
Posted
[size=1]I live on Palm Beach Island in FL, so i'm basically surrounded by beaches...The beaches here are pretty but I'd have to say the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen are in the Bahamas around MarshHarbor. Nothing I've seen so far has compared to them...[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B]I really like the beaches in Australia, especially South Australian and Queensland ones.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]The one beach that I actually got to spend time at while in Australia was on Magnetic Island, off of Townsville. I also got to take a boat out to the Reef...it was beautiful.

Here in Michigan I am surrounded by four different lakes; Huron, Michigan, Erie and Superior...Lake Ontario doesn't actually touch Michigan's border.

Though I will admit that Lake Michigan is by far the most beautiful. I love being by the lake and the sand dunes and such...it's great.

*edit* This is sort of a large picture, I apologize, but it's of Lake Michigan...we don't have palm tree beaches, we have [i]pine[/i] tree beaches :p[/color]

[img]http://www-stud.robinson.cam.ac.uk/nrl23/backcatalogue/images/Lake%20Michigan.jpg[/img]
Posted
[color=indigo] Why we do have some excellent beaches in North Carolina, my favorite beach is in Rehobeth, Delaware. It has quite a history with my family, which has been going or has lived there for the last four generations.

It is a lovely beach, and although the water is a little murkey, the town is picturesque. There is a long, wooden boardwalk that is lined with shops, hotels, and eateries. The beaches are packed during the summer months, and at night people stroll down the boardwalk or sit on the dark beach and listen to the surf. It is a great beach, and although it hasgotten a little more crowded then I would like, I could not imagine a summer passing witout taking at least one visit.[/color]
Posted
Hmmm...
I live in Milwaukee...
Lake Michigan is five minutes from my house.
I would swim there but recently some buisness got in trouble for dumping sewage into it.
From what I understand it was a lot of it.
Our lake has been pretty bad for a long time though.
Hmmmmm....
Maybe that's what contributed to all the mutations recently...
j/k.
It's pretty bad.
Posted
the beach closest to home is harvey bay and thats a nice beach (if you watch out for needles) but theres no waves :waves: my fav beaches would have to be kings beach in caloundra and the beach at the 'loo with a view' in mallolaba but only when its not holidays cause there to busy then. i don't mind the ones in north queensland (the ones raven likes) its nice to go hiking in the rainforests and then go for a swim on those beaches
Posted
there are very few beaches in the UK, and they suck, not only are they dirty, it's never sunny, always cold and raining....

damn UK, can't even get a tan around here :cussing:
Posted
Unfortunatly, I live in San Antonio, no beaches here. I have to drive at least a good 4 hour drive to get to Chorpus Christie. The crappy part about that, is that I have always loved the water.
But sadly, the closest thing I have to a pool is my local pool. Witch no-one goes too. :bawl:
Posted
[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]Hey - I love the uk simply because you can't get a tan. I am proud of being the pales person I know! It does suck though, that in some places (*cough* york *cough*) it's raining 362 days of the year.
Nice city though. Real nice.... the closest thing you can get to a beach in england has to be that nightclub in waterloo, you know, the beach... hehehe... ahem. [/color][/font]
Posted
heh. I had a dream last night that we were at an ocean beach with waves 40 feet high. None of the waves are that big though (except in REALLY strong storms). Our beaches are okay, you know, not that brown but not that blue like they are in Hawaii or Australia, but not that bad. It just takes us several hours to get there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...