OtakuBoards

Dragon War

The Unholy Newt

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: I can't wait to see the reaction that sparks.

[I]Despite the lack of any abnormalities, Lacroix remained ill at ease. Whether just from ingrained defensiveness when around other people, or though the instinct that warned him of impending danger, he was not yet sure. Fox and Elsyan seemed deep in coversation, no threat there. Raistlin was unlikely to bear him any animosity. Lacroix started scanning the forest, certain something was about to happen.[/I] (OOC: Yes, The Unholy Newt, that's a clear invitation!)[/font][/color]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[I]Hunter drops back to both of them. He picks up on their conversation, pointing to his ears.[/I]
Hunter:You both are wrong. She's sleeping in my bedroll.

Raistlin:I think not.

Hunter:Why not "wager", good mage?

Raistlin:How much?

Hunter:Ten.

Raistlin:You're on.

[I]With that, Elysan dropped back a little, just as Hunter began to apologize to Lacroix.[/I]

Hunter:Sorry I reacted like that. I dislike when people stand over my unconscious body, especially when they have a weapon. I would have reacted the same way to Elysan. And I, too, sense a distracting prescence. It interfers with Alaris, mine longsword.

Lacroix:Fine. Just don't draw a sword on me. Or you may lose your sword-arm.

Elysan:Serenol, you said you are a High-Elf? Or part High-Elf?

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Lacroix (murmers to Raistlin): I'd say she's neither, just a catalyst.

Raistlin: What?

Lacroix: Simple. You two are going to be fighting of her, she's going to think the entire thing is childish, get pissed off at you both, and start spending time with me because she'll think I'm the only mature one here. You two will get jealous, then frustrated as I rebuff her, and tell her in plain terms that I don't like company that much. On top of that, I'll be making needling comments to all concerned the entire way though.

Raistlin: You have too much time on your hands.

Lacroix: I know. Now shut up, I'm trying to pay attention to whatever is focusing on us.[/font][/color]

[I]Hunter again drops behind, startling Elysan. He picks up a conversation with Lacroix, wondering what the presence might be.[/I]

Hunter:What do you suppose it is? Alaris is glowing.

Lacroix: Is that a magic sword? And how am I supposed to know?

Hunter:Yes, it is. You seem like you've been around.

Lacroix:So do you, from the look of that scar.

[I]Hunter hastily covered the exposed bite-marks on his upper right arm. He hastily changed the subject.[/I]

Hunter:If it is something dangerous, what do you suppose we do?

Lacroix:I'll simply kill it. More money for dead monsters.

Hunter:Really. I'd shoot the damn thing with my longbow, making sure it doesn't focus it's attention on Elysan.

Lacroix:You really like her, don't you?

Hunter:Aye, and I don't care much for my bet with that mage. I just hope that Elysan finds it in her heart to be with someone who'll live as long as she will. I won't mind much if she chooses you, as you're an elf, but a human mage? Senseless. That presence is very disturbing, is it not?

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Lacroix: That's what I'm worried about. I'm a drow, I've seen and experienced things the rest of you could never imagine, and this is starting to concern me. So whatever it is, it's not good. And about Elsyan. If she tried to choose me, I'd evicerate her with a cheesegrater.

[I]Hunter starts to draw his sword, outraged, but Lacroix stops him with a vicelike grip.[/I]

Lacroix: As I said. I'm a drow. My race is one of the most hated, despised and feared. If she was with me, she would be exposed to some things I imagine you would rather her not exposed to. Such as a lifetime of running, hiding and fighting. Alone. That's what I get. Besides, I have no desire for company. Female or otherwise. If I ever had a heart for such feelings, it died long ago.

Hunter: I understand.

Lacroix: Not yet, but you will. If you'll excuse me.

[I]Wary of the coming encounter, Lacroix draws his scimitars, tracing intricate patterns in the air.[/font][/color][/I]

Raistlin: (picking up on Hunter's and Lacriox's conversation)
How do you know how long she will live? We could all be dead in a few seconds, depending on what the hell is over there.
You take things too seriously Hunter, my bet with you was a simple joke, I am not looking for love, and if it trys to find me. You will be suprised by my reaction.

Hunter: Ok, I get your point, now shall we keep our minds on there here an' now? Or we could argue intil whatever, It, is, kills us all? You choose...

The "human" that had remained silent this entire time finally turned to look at Raistlin and Lacroix speaking with a bass tone voice.

Figure: You elve's speak to much.

He crossed his arms about himself but kept his senses and body aware knowing he was outnumbered severely surrounded by elve's all around.

Hunter:Your tone disturbs Alatis. It is pronounced 'elves' not 'elve's'. And you seem too silent and large for a human.

Figure:And you seem rather tall for an elf.

Hunter:As I said before, I am part Deep-Elf. They can grow taller than average elves.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Lacroix: Irrelevant.

Raistlin: How is who he is irrelevant?

Lacroix: Because looking at his current habits, he appears to be a less than a congenial companion.

Hunter: And you aren't?

Lacroix: Of course, I'm even worse than him. I just get the urge to speak every now and again. Gives me the chance to manipulate people. Drow past time.

Raistlin: And are you trying to manipulate us?
Lacroix: No, but I could be, and could just be telling you this in furthering of my design.

Figure: Why don't I just tell you who I am?

Lacroix: I don't know. Because we're all going to die.

Hunter/Raistlin: It's coming!

Lacroix: No it's not, that's just a phrase of mine.

Raistlin: I agree with our mysterious companion here. Just tell us who you are. And Lacroix, shut up.[/font][/color]

[i]Raistlin and Lacroix were right. Something was watching them. There was a deep breathing from inside the foliage, followed by a snarl. They quickly drew their weapons, except for Hunter who was too busy chatting up the female elf. As the Werewolves jumped out ti attack them, one bit straight into Hunter's arm. They then all prepared for dinner.[/i]

The man looked Raistlin over and smirked slightly showing a hint of fang yet the sun was still high in the sky.

Figure: Just a man looking for my fortune...

Raistlin: I mean what is your name.

Figure: If I tell you will you be quiet for a while?

Raistlin: Sure.

Figure: Ratu.

Raistlin blinks a few times and turns back to face Lacroix again.

Raistlin: Anyway...

Ratu: I thought you were gonna shut up.

Raistlin: oh yeah... I lied.

Ratu's eyes narrowed but he did nothing because once again.. he was outnumbered so he merely sat there mumbling something about "should have left them to the orcs."

Raislin: Always a second too late....
Raistlin begins to murmer... an ancientl anguage... just before he finishes the spell a werewolf leaps at him. Luckily, Lacriox guts the wolf, in mid-air, spilling its internal organs all over the ground.
Raistlin, acknowledges this act, by a nod of his head, but doesn't stop chanting. Suddenly a stream of fire, burts from Raislin's hands. Setting many of the wolves alight...
The smell of burning hair wafts into the night sky, as the battle rages on.

[I]Hunter cries out in pain. He thrusts Alaris into the wolf that bit him. The wolf had pinned Elysan to the ground, ready to bite her. The wolf died, leaving no more foes for the party.[/I]

Hunter:Are you okay? Damn wolves!

Elysan:Yes, thanks to you. You have a true aim. I'm glad no one was hurt.

Raistlin:Who says? Hunter's arm seems to say otherwise.

Hunter:I'll be fine. I've been bitten by orcs that did more damage. I also have a well-focused mind. No mere wolf can make me flinch!

Hunter:I'm laughing because there's a gold cap in my arm. What kind of wolf has gold teeth? This is a mysterious wolf, my friend. I must check on Elysan. I believe I still have some herbs in my pack.

[I]Hunter rummaged through his pouch, leaving the others to squabble. He bent to make sure Elysan was alright. He did not notice that the wound in his arm began to heal and foam.[/I]

[i]On the fallen werewolves, you find . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . fallen werewolves!

[i]Everyone decides to go to sleep. The only light that shines in this part of the forest is the[/i] full moon. [i] Lacroix, sleeping next to Hunter, is awakened by the sound of growling. He looks over to find that Hunter is growing a new hairdo at an alarmingly fast rate . . .[/i]

Hunter(growling):I knew Elysan shouldn't have shared my bedroll. I gotta go. Get away from m-RRRRRRR!)

[I]Hunter's now-mutating form tore into the firelight, releasing a piercing shriek that awoke Elysan, fortunately sleeping NEXT to Hunter's sleeping bag, not IN it. Hunter was trying to regain his consciousness, trying to take control. If he could, he would be a valuable ally. If he couldn't, he'd be a destructive foe. He managed to gain control, but Lacroix didn't see that as he crept behind the werewolf with his weapon drawn...[/I]

Raistlin: (Screaming) LACRIOX!!! NO!! Can't you feel it??? He's got control!!!

Hunter felt a blade go enter his skin. Hunter than felt it stop, less than 5mm in... The he felt the blade withdraw...

Raistlin: Thank Vecna one of us has some senses.

Hunter, shrunk back into his human state...and immediatly began to tremble...

Raistlin: Yes I was wondering about that. I was hoping that one of you would say something.

Hunter: WHY DIDN"T YOU!!!

Raistlin: hmm, well yes...