OtakuBoards

Dragon War

The Unholy Newt

[I]Hunter realized that by focusing his elven magic (and sacrificing his detect trap ability), he could control his appearance. The only problem was he did not recieve as much powerful strength as a wild werewolf. He was also afraid he'd lose control sometime.[/I]

Hunter: Next time, I'm sleeping next to Raistlin! Is Elysan okay? Please, dear Gods, let her be okay.

Elysan:I'm fine. Just tell me that you're a werewolf next time you sleep near me.

Hunter:I think it's from this afternoon, and next time, don't give me half the jug of ale! I'd still be pure if it weren't for tonight's ale. What vintage is it, Raist?

Raistlin:Same kind I used in Mereklar. I don't know the name.

Hunter:So you're the cat-detective? I have a few questions for you.

[I]As Hunter and Raistlin launch into a discussion about Raistlin's past, Elysan drifts into an uneasy sleep, and Lacroix keeps his sword unsheathed as he sleeps...with one eye open.[/I]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: So somebody else reads Dragonlance. I should have been Tanis. Or Sturm. Oh well.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raistlin: Ironic isn't it? You kept looking down on Lacriox as he is a Drow... Now, look who's talking, Wolfy... Like hell you are sleeping anywhere near me... Freak boy!

Hunter: I will kill you.

Lacriox: Stop it, both of you... You both could have died tonight. From now on there will always be danger. So stop arguing.

Hunter:First of all, I jumped in surprise at a figure holding a sword above me! And you, above all, realized that I have this new power under control! And, I do not look down on Drow! Quite the contrary, I look up to all pure elves!

Raistlin:You're nothing but a wolf-elf. And Lacroix, stop sleeping like that! It's freakish!"

Lacroix:Shut up and let me sleep how I want. Someone has to keep a watch, or else Wolfy will end up tearing bandits apart and not letting us have any fun.

Raistlin: Bleh! I am sorry for that Hunter, but I thought you had some disdain for my freind here.

Hunter: As I said before, I look up to all pure-breed elves.

Raistlin: Once again, I am sorry for taking your actions the wrong way.

Lacriox: You're conversation is pointless. Now, SHUTTUP!!! Get to sleep, you will need your rest...

(The group begin to descend into slumber, as the conversation comes to a halt. The night gives forth to the day as the travellers take a well deserved rest)

[color=crimson][font=gothic]OOC: Think of it this way. If Raistlin is suddenly 6 ft 2, how big would Sturm and Tanis be? 4 ft tall?

IC:[I]When they awake, Lacroix remembers a remark Hunter made the previous night.[/I]

Lacroix: You called me a pure elf?

Hunter: Yes. You are a full drow aren't you?

Lacroix: Of course. However, the last time a drow was called pure...

Hunter: Perhaps a bad choice of words.

Lacroix: Very. I'm almost insulted.

Raistlin: Weren't you sleeping?

Lacroix: Drow don't sleep. We enter a waking reverie. We are fully conscious, yet resting.

Raistlin: Lucky you.

[I]Lacroix gets up and packs his equipment up, ready to be off almost immediately.[/I]

Raistlin: Aren't you going to eat anything?

Lacroix: Not if I can help it.[/font][/color]

Raistlin: Well, I am hungery, so I took some buscuits from Hunter, but he doesn't know. Elsyan, will you be ready to leave soon?

Elsyan: Yes, I am ready now.

Hunter: As am I.

Raistlin: Well, myself and Lacriox are ready, shall we continue?

(with that the heroes venture forth, allready enetering into discussion between one another)

OOC: Good point, Harlequin. How tall would Kitiara be? 3'6"?

[I]Hunter began to speak with Lacroix again, wondering at his new gift.[/I]

Hunter:I have complete control of it, now. But what good will it do?

Lacroix:It may help you blend in with monsters, gathering secrets that will help in our quest. Just don't bite me. I don't think I could control it.

Hunter:Thou couldst. But again, I meant that thou art a full-breed. I mean you the utmost respect. We all are mercenaries. I, myself, live the uncouth existence of a Ranger. So far, my highest paying job was getting a cat from a tree.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: God forbid, Caramon? And then there's Tas...

IC:Lacroix: You seem to be mistaken. I am not a mercenary. How could I be? I have worked here and there as an assasin though. But no, I could not control it.

Hunter: Surely you have the willpower.

Lacroix: Of course. Yet, something like that, added to my already corrupt drow nature? Impossible. I am fully able to fight down my urges towards tyranny and cruelty, yet lycanthropy as well? I doubt it. You'll probably find the advanatges worth it though. Increased senses, and probably slight regeneration.

Hunter: How'd you learn so much about lycanthropy?

Lacroix: I've put some of my time here to good use. I'm actually a quite proficient scholar. My area of choice was the creatures that inhabit this world.

Hunter: Then why were you so worried when the werewolves were approaching?

Lacroix: They were not true werewolves. They were harbringers.

[I]With that, Lacroix lapses into silence, unwilling to say more.[/font][/color][/I]

OOC: Boy do I have to read those books again.
IC:
Hunter: (falling back to talk to Raistlin) What's the matter with your freind?

Raistlin: He has a troubledd past, and perhaps, such wolves played a significant part in it? I don't know.

Hunter: Interesting.

Raistlin: Yes he's quite the enigma, but don't let him catch you saying that. It will only make it worse.

Hunter: Is he always like that?

Raistlin: He just keeps to himself, there is nothing wrong with that. Is there?

OOC:Tasslehoff Burrfoot? Geez! About what? 1 foot tall?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[I]As Raistlin dropped back again, this time to speak to the figure that as yet remained silent about himself, Hunter moved forward to speak to Elysan.

Hunter:Are you okay? Did I hurt you last night?

Elysan:I am fine. Did you say you came from Lanas? That is a place where the High-Elves rule over nature, and learn the arts of sensing danger, pleasure, and even traps. How I've dreamed of living in such a place.

Hunter:Perhaps one day we could go together. My mother, Raye Serenol, would love to meet a fellow High-Elf. She has fallen into disfavor since I was born, proving her ties to the aquan Dee-Elves.

Elysan:I find it interesting. Do you have any aquan abilities?

Hunter: I know not. I have always thought of my abilities as my own focuses. I, too, lived a troubled existence, and I am only two-hundred and fifteen.

Elysan:I am sorry, fellow Ranger. But your highest-paying job was getting a cat from a tree?

Hunter:Yes. It was a rare cat, and I recieved seven thousand gold pieces. I used the money to purchase my armor, cloak, and cape. The sword was a gift from when I died and came back.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: Considering it's all inversed, I'm thinking he would actually be around 9 feet tall...

[I]After a few moments of idle conversation, Raistlin realises that Lacroix is being even more recalcitrant than usual, and gives up. After a few minutes of silence, Lacroix surprised him by volunteering information.[/I]

Lacroix: Those wolves were summoned beasts, not from this realm. Or the next.

Raistlin: Then why do they worry you?

Lacroix: Magic carries a signature to one of my race. We've learnt to identify it, over our long and bloody past. And I recognised that.

Raistlin: Who?

[I]Lacroix does not answer, merely stares off, as if transfixed by some distant point.[/font][/color][/I]

[I]Hunter abruptly stops his conversation with Elysan upon hearing what Lacroix was saying.[/I]

[B]Hunter:[/B]You mean you, as well, sensed their temporal disruption?

[B]Lacroix:[/B]Yes. I believe that is why you are able to control it so well, not only for your willpower.

[B]Raistlin:[/B]Yeah, but where the hell do they come from? And how do you know, Hunter?

[B]Hunter:[/B]My childhood tutor, my father, also had me trained by a Drow.

[B]Raistlin:[/B]Okay, but where the hell do they come from?!?

[I]Both Lacroix and Hunter stopped speaking, focusing their attention on the path (both), Elysan (Hunter), or some far off, unseen point (Lacroix).[/I]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]This time, unwilling to be deterred, Raistlin repeats the question. Lacroix strikes up conversation with Hunter in an effort to avoid his scrutiny.[/I]

Lacroix: Where did your father find a drow that would not only let you live, but teach you anything?

Hunter: My father never told me, and was unwilling to speak of the drow after he had left. I suspect however he was a renegade, such as yourself, and my father had helped him in the past.

[I]Lacroix narrowed his eyes at that. There had been no renegades from drow civilisation for almost three centuries now. Their names were kept in special rolls, targets for Lloth's justice. He himself had perused them before leaving. There was no way any drow that had escaped so long ago could still be alive.[/I]

Lacroix: I think your father is more than he seemed to be.

Hunter: You knew him?

Lacroix: I may have, but it is unlikely.[/font][/color]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Lacroix: You're right. Never heard of him. So it was your father's influence that protected the drow during his stay?

Hunter: Probably. Why are you so interested in this drow? A former companion?

Lacroix: How old was he?

Hunter: No older than you are now.

Lacroix: I am the first person to leave any drow city in over three centuries. If that drow was there, he was not a renegade.

Hunter: Then what?

Lacroix: He could have been anything. A merchant, assasin, spy. There where no plans for a surface raid when I was exiled, but thay may have changed.

Hunter: You mean!

Lacroix: Nothing definate. But it's possible.[/font][/color]

Hunter:I must check on my kingdom's well-being as soon as this quest is done. I pray that the drow, of whose name I can remember only his last, Ferlana, is truly a tutor. My father was murdered at the hands of a Black mage five years ago. The mage's name was Nilothakir. His name seems to ring around this country much these days.

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Upon hearing the drow's name, Lacroix visibly relaxes.[/I]

Lacroix: Ferlana is a crazy scholar. He goes around studying whatever he wants, and no drow dares do anything about it, because he brings the information back to them eventually. However, he has no knowledge to warfare or tactics, so would be no hope in planning an invasion. Unless they interrogated him.

Hunter: I hope so.

Lacroix: The name Nilothakir is also known to me, though I cannot remember from where. Part of my past that is locked away most likely.[/font][/color]

[B]Hunter:[/B]I pray for you, friend elf. If thine past is locked away, then perhaps someday one of mine healing spells could help. Until then, we both live with our pasts locked, for I do not wish to face mine. Too much pain and exile...

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Lacroix: Pray, venture not into thine misty past, not into mine. Thy healing spell would writhe beyond thy control, and ye would run, lest ye die.

Hunter: What?

Lacroix: I've had it tried. The mage was left mad. The part of my brain that is locked off is somehow separate to me, and still alive. It was driven mad by it's isolation, and when probed, it latched onto the mage and sucked him in. That part of me is fully insane, and nothing I would release on the world around me. The mage's mind now resides within my head, and he will NOT SHUT UP!

[I]Lacroix starts to shake, shivering as if with cold or fear. He starts muttering long, discontinued sentences under his breath. His eyes roll back in his head, the whites, undergoing a startling transformation. They shimmer, taking on the look of moonlight of shattered water. He falls to the ground, convulsing wildly. Raistlin runs up, concerned.[/I]

Raistlin: You asked him about his past, didn't you?

Hunter: What could trigger this kind of reaction?

Raistlin: Something you pray you never encounter. Any insane person you've ever met has no problem compared to Lacroix's other mind.

Hunter: What can we do?

Raistlin: Wait. He will come out of it. Although, keep a weapon ready. He may not be himself.

[I]Raistlin utters nothing after this dire prediction, instead focusing on Lacroix's tormented face, with the startling eyes prominent.[/font][/color][/I]

[B]Hunter:[/B]I can only hope madness is the only punishment. Raistlin, kindly stand back. I shall communicate with his lost half. Insanity is not as bad as...never mind. I wish not to speak of the Underdark.

[I]Hunter held his hands up, level with Lacroix's ears. The rest of the party stopped to see this spectacle. Elysan showed genuine worry, and Raistlin stepped back, wondering at Hunter's last words. He then saw Hunter's face contort into throes of pain as his small amount of psionic energies were exerted into communicating with Lacroix's mind. Then, he was inside...[/I]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Lacroix felt the contact, and spun mazed defenses through his mind, wishing to spare Hunter the experience. Hunter persisted, ignoring the growing agony being emitted from Lacroix's mind. At last he broke through Lacroix's last protection, laboured as he was fighting back the insanity. The whirlwind engulfed Hunter, flashing images, thoughts and emotions in front of him. Pain resounded through them all. The darker sides of Lacroix leapt to the fore, wolves slavering to be free. Hunter could feel Lacroix confounding the darkest parts of his mind, but Hunter was forced to face the other parts alone. All the pain, suffering, general negative emotions resounding though Lacroix's soul struck a chord, echoing around Hunter in the landscape of Lacroix's mind. They took on shadowy forms, ready to beguile and entrap should he make a misstep. Hunter brought them in, circled them with wards, returning them to quiescence. Lacroix manages to keep the twisted, tortured part of his mind under control, returning to to an envisioned locked box, with the word "Pandora" enscribed in blood across it. They both regain consciousness, Lacroix normal, though his eyes remain changed.[/I]

Raistlin: Are you two alright?

Lacroix: Yes. Although, it was a close thing. Hunter helped immensely.

Hunter: You held some of yourself back, did you not.

Lacroix: I had to. There was no way you could have come out of that sane. And, one last thing.

Hunter: Yes?

Lacroix: I'd prefer if you kept what you saw private.

Hunter: As you wish.

[I]Ther resume their journey, Hunter falling into step with Elysan, although he occasionally casts thoughtful glances back at Lacroix.[/font][/color][/I]

OOC:Is this turning into Harlequin's, Jesus Chicken's, and my RPG? Could somebody else reply?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[B]Hunter:[/B]As I live and breathe, I am going to need a LOT of ale. Perhaps at the next tavern I could buy you some, Elysan?

[B]Elysan:[/B]Sure, but how do you mean you'll need some?

[B]Hunter:[/B]First, I get beaten by orcs, then I get bitten by a WEREwolf, now, I pull an insane stunt with Lacroix, though I have the feeling it won't be the last time I stand beside him as such.

[B]Elysan:[/B]What problems did you have in the past?

[B]Hunter:[/B]I had an experience with the Underdark, and I do not wish to divulge it at the present time. I shall tell all when my heart is bolstered by a lover. I mean no disrespect.

[B]Elysan:[/B].....