OtakuBoards

Dragon War

The Unholy Newt

OOC: We've got enough people in this RPG already Calumon. Maybe you can join once I've killed most of the people off. :demon:

[i]The roar came from an area where the trees were very tall. (heehee, that means whatever the roar came from is very big.) They pushed through the bushes and other vegetation and came to a clearing. In the clearing stood nice large Red Dragon, and he looks very hungry to meet you.[/i]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i]Hunter reached into his pouch again, and pulled out a silver egg. He gently tapped it, and it hatched, releasing a silver fire-lizard. It curled up in the crook of Hunter's neck. It was named Artea as soon as it hatched.[/i]

[b]Artea:[/b]Are you my daddy? That a mean dragon! Daddy, hit it's neck and kill it, please! Please kill it daddy!

[b]Hunter:[/b]Artea says to go for it's neck!

[b]Lacroix:[/b]Is there nothing that you don't have in that pouch?

[b]Hunter:[/b]Just you and the others. God, I love sarcasm.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Uh, Newt. Hate to bring it up, but we kinda need you in Phantom's RPG. You DID sign up, and you DO need to give a little back-up. We already had a goddamn boss fight for christ's sake!

[I]The huge dragon screamed into the sky, as if to try and scare the group away. Lacriox pulled out his twin scimitars as Raistlin began muttering a language long forgotten by most. As soon as he had finished talking, a giant lance of ice lept from his hands, impaling the dragon. The huge dragon screamed as the others lept towards the dragon, weapons drawn.[/I]

[i]Elsyan notches an arrow and fires it at the dragon's heart, but the arrow was deflected by its tough skin.[/i]

Elsyan-(Elsyan is NOT happy) Darn! How could I forget that dragon's skin is one of the toughest skins?! We can't pierce it with weapons alone.

Hunter-She's right, I'm afraid. We'll have to use our spells.

OOC: Sorry ElvenFoxKnight, I haven't been online for ages. I'll post soon.

[i]The Dragon swooped and tried to grab members of the group in his claws but missed. He breathed out fire and set the woods ablaze. He landed on the ground and morphed into a human figure, garbed in blood red plate-mail.

Dragon/Man: You shall never reach the ruins and get the Artifact. Not as long as I am around! [insert evil/maniacal laugh here]

[i]He morphed back into a dragon and flew off.[/i]

Raistlin: Well that complicates things a bit, doesn't it?

Elsyan: I would have to agree with you there.

Lacriox: I want to know where he learned to morph like that.

Raistlin: I have a fair idea, but you wouldn't like it.

Lacriox: You mean?

Raisltin: Yes, lots of pain and a certain mage.

Lacriox: Ah, I see.

[b]Hunter:[/b]You two often confuse me. What the hell just happened here? This thing...Let's just get to my village. I can see the oak that marks the entrance into Lanas Tirin.

[i]As the party moved into the treetop village, Lacroix was surprised by the lack of prejudice toward him. He expected the worst when a group of children ran to him, but they merelt wanted him to tell them which was his favorite type of weapon. He laughed nervously, gave his answer, and continued on. He noticed that Hunter was walking toward the biggest and most impressive house in the village. Lacroix ran to Hunter's side as Hunter walked through the yard. In the room, he saw a beautiful High-Elf, and volumes of text.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]Elysan, Lacroix, meet my mother, Lady Serena Muirin.

[b]Elysan:[/b]You're a PRINCE?!?

[b]Serena:[/b]Hmmm....you have a coarse tongue for an elf. Son, where DO you get them?

[b]Lacroix:[/b]It seems that I am not hated here. Why is this?

[b]Serena:[/b]For my son was half-raised by a clan of dark-elves as a part of his training, and that clan interbred with our village. Our village's favorite son learned many skills in stealth and assassinry, and it saved his life, all because of dark-elves. You are not hated, you are welcome here!

[b]Lacroix:[/b]...Thank you.

[b]Serena:[/b]Your party will be given quarter. You, coarse one, you shall sleep in my son's room with Hunter. Everyone else will be given a map of the palace and told where their rooms are. Good luck tonight son...

[i]Hunter went red.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]MOM!!!!!!!!!!

[i]The party settled in, Hunter not believing his mother forced him to sleep in the same bed as Elysan.[/i]

ooc: huh? erm.....no offence, but I think that's overstepping it a bit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]Hunter and Elsyan stood their absolutely shocked at her decision, and Elsyan was turning red to the very tips of her long ears.[/i]

Elsyan-huh?

Hunter-uh....please forgive her. I don't really understand this either. But, if you want, I can give you a tour of the village.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: Hunter, try being a dark elf next time. It gets you out of all this annoying relationship stuff. Although, if you've ever read an rpg I'm in with Ravenstorture...

[I]Lacroix, despite the open welcome, was ill at ease. He was unable to sleep, a common affliction for him, yet it was something more this time. Rising, he silently opens his door and glides down the hall. Reaching the outer door, he finds it locked. He reaches into his cloak and pulls out two thin iron picks. Within thirty seconds, he has the first tumbler out of the way. While struggling with the second, he is startled by footsteps behind him. Lacroix, unwilling to be seen, uses his native abilities to fade away, becoming almost invisible. Looking around, he sees Hunter's mother walking down the hall. As she comes to the end, she glances at the lockpick still in the door and than throws a scathing glance at Lacroix.[/I]

Serena: If you wanted to leave, you could have asked.

[I]Lacroix sighs ruefully, dropping his concealing aura. He retreives his lockpicks before replying in a wry voice.[/I]

Lacroix: Actually, I couldn't have. Everybody had gone to bed.

Serena: That's irrelevant. I wouldn't have minded.

Lacroix: And I was supposed to have known that?

Serena: Not really. Why did you want to leave?

[I]This question, phrased in a fast, direct tone, and right on the heels of an inane comment, takes Lacroix by surprise. After an instant, he regains his equilibrium, and counters.[/I]

Lacroix: How were you able to see me?

Serena: We had a drow stay here remember.

Lacroix: Ah.

[I]There is a long minute of silence. Lacroix merely stares into Serena's eyes, distracting her from repeating her question. After a long minute, she tears her eyes away.[/I]

Serena: Why were you trying to leave?

Lacroix: I couldn't sleep. I assume this town would have something resembling a tavern.

Serena: I took you for one of more refined habits.

Lacroix: Oh, worry not, I disdain taverns and drinking. But they are good places for information.

Serena: What did you want to know?

Lacroix: Basically, I need a library.

[I]Serena, rather startled, blinks a few times before answering.[/I]

Serena: There's one here. You could have used it.

[I]There is a long shocked silence. The expression of outrage on Lacroix's face is almost priceless. Serena looks at him a moment, before bursting out into laughter.[/I]

Lacroix: Of course I couldn't! That would be terribly impolite. An offense to one who had welcomed me into their home. For whatever reason.

[I]Lacroix's last words are tinged by a slight catch in his voice. Serena looks up sharply, all traces of mirth gone.[/I]

Serena: So that's it. You wanted to know if the lack of prejudice was merely due to my son's presence.

[I]Lacroix bows mockingly.[/I]

Lacroix: Very good. Yes, that was my secondary aim. Another reason to enter a tavern. The truth comes more freely from drunken subjects, who ay be cowed when sober.

Serena: How dare you suspect us!

[I]Lacroix leans against the wall and sighs bitterly.[/I]

Lacroix: Why should I not? You have never lived a drow's life. You don't know what one if forced to live with. You live in your sheltered elf city, among the blessed race, in a position of nobility. Have you any knowledge of hardship? Have you ever been the target of a mob of drunken peasants armed with torches and cruel knives?

[I]Lacroix pulls his hood back fully, then removes his cloak. The scars that trace his arms, and other revealed patches of skin wind an intricate web of blackness over his raven skin. Serena steps back, almost horrified.[/I]

Serena: My past, or lack of it, is not yet a concern of yours. You asked for a library, come then.

[I]She sweeps imperiously off. Shaken by his own vehemence, Lacroix trails along after her. They reach an ornate oak door. It is opened to reveal cases upon cases of books. Lacroix walks slowly in, seating himself at one of the tables. The candle light plays around his face, dying his countenance bloody red.[/I]

Serena: Help yourself.

[I]Lacroix examies the bookshelves from where he is sitting. He quickly finds titles of interest. One in particular catches his eyes. A book on the athiestic existentialist philosophies. He walks over and draws it slowly off the shelf, pacing back and forth as he reads. After a few minutes of incessant walking, Serena stands full in his path. Lacroix stops and looks at her in puzzlement. Serena tips the book up, and, noting his choice, is quickly acquires a pleased smile.[/I]

Serena: A favourite of my own!

[I]She leads Lacroix over to one of the tables, laying the book down in front of them. They read long into the night, not touching, but sitting very close together, their low voices often breaking into soft laughter as they converse, and their conversation ranges from their habits, likes and dislikes, to their views on the world, politics, to philosophy, to their pasts. Both are equally surprised to find a like spirit in the other. The books are quickly forgotten in light of conversation.

Dawn finds them, as does a rather shocked servant, with Lacroix asleep leaned against the table, Serena nestled up against him. At the loud "ahem", issued, both start awake and jump away from each other. Serena stalkes out, while Lacroix looks at the servant with an amused expression.[/I]

Servant: And would sir like anything else this morning?

Lacroix: Believe me, it's not what you think.

Servant: Perhaps. I recommend nonetheless, that sir leaves promptly.

[I]Lacroix laughs, stands, bows ironicall, and saunters out, waiting for the others to rise, and wondering what little escapades they all got up to.[/I]

OOC: Sorry Hunter, just had to dig the hole a little deeper for you. Life is weird.[/font][/color]

[I]Raistlin stayed at a nearby Inn. It was morning now and he had payed the fee and left the Inn. Raisltin searched the town for the others and soon found Lacriox.[/I]

Raistlin: How are you this morning, Lacriox?

Lacriox: Very well, yourself/

Raistlin: Quite the same, where did you find slumber, my freind?

Lacriox: I found it at Serena's table, with her against me.

Raisttin: * A smile breaking over his face* You sly old dog!

Lacriox: Excuse me?

Raisltin: You are excused, now shall we find the others.

Lacriox: Yes, lets.

[I]The two freinds set off into the small town attempting to find the rest of their group.

[i]Hunter awakened, his eyes showing refreshed beams. He looked over to the other side of the bed, completely wondering why Elysan had insisted on such conditions as a LARGE bed. He hadn't even felt her prescence in the room! He walked out, completely dressed, and found his mother in the library. She whispered to herself...[/i]

[b]Serena:[/b]How can I tell my son that I am part drow? How can I tell Lacroix?

[i]Hunter fell to his knees, his wings drooping. He walked into the tavern an hour later, looking to drown himself in ale...[/i]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: Egad Jesus, not that yes lets crap again.

IC:[I]Lacroix and Raistlin wandered almost aimlessly until they proceeded to find the tavern. After a single glance at each other, they walked inside. Walking up the the bar, they brought most of it. After a few minutes of rather steady drinking, Raistlin ale and Lacroix light wine, neither enough to get drunk, and little enough that should they decide to, they'd have enough lying around, Raistlin looks over and sees Hunter.[/I]

Raistlin: Hey! It's that other sly old dog!

[I]Raistlin rises to his feet and ambles over to Hunter. Albeitly somewhat unsteadly. Raistlin sits/falls next to him and starts nudging him.[/I]

Raistlin: How was Elysan eh you sly old dog?

Hunter: What?

Lacroix: I know. I don't get it either.

[I]At Lacroix's silent approach, Hunter whips around. His eyes narrow, and looks at loss for words. Lacroix seats himself and a "normal" (ahem, relative terms) conversation ensues between Raistlin and Lacroix. Several times, Hunter looks on the verge of saying something, but keeps quiet. He also spends a large amount of time glaring at Lacroix. Lacroix notes it, its probable cause, and pays no attention.[/I]

OOC: The hole is still there. Mwahahahaha! Sorry...[/font][/color]

OOC:[b]DAMNIT![/b] WHERE THE HELL IS NEWT?????
---------------------------------------------------
[i]Hunter ordered another round of ale, drinking himself into a serious stupor. He fell asleep at the table, woke up, and ordered more ale. lacroix stared at him, and Raistlin looked at him crossly.[/i]

[b]Raistlin:[/b]I haven't seen someone drink so much since Caramon and Tika got married!

[b]Lacroix:[/b]You aren't drunk yet, just... dazed. Why are you doing this to yourself?

[b]Hunter:[/b]Mama say she part dark-elf, okay, nite-nite, bye-bye.

[i]Serena walked in, saw her son with ten empty mugs of ale in front of him. Her faced contorted in worry and anger, and she sat next to Lacroix.[/i]

[i]It wasn't long before Elsyan awoke and got out of bed. She wandered around the village and couldn't find any of her companions. [/i]

Elsyan-*yawn* I bet they're at the bar.

[i]Elsyan walked through the village until she came to the bar. She saw Hunter with his head on the table, either drunk or asleep, and Serena next to Lacroix. She sat down on Hunter's other side.[/i]

Elsyan-What's wrong with Hunter? Is he drunk?

Raistlin-Hiya, Elysan. *wink wink*

Elsyan-huh?

Lacroix-Ignore him.

[i]Elsyan notices that they're all very quiet. Too quiet.[/i]

Elsyan-Did I miss something?

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Lacroix: I think we all did.

Serena: It's true.

Lacroix: Ah. That would explain some things.

Serena: I'm sorry.

Lacroix: For being drow? Or for not mentioning it earlier? Don't worry, I understand either motivation.

[I]The hint of bitternes in Lacroix's words does not go unnoticed. However, it is not directed at Serena.[/I]

Serena: For not mentioning it earlier. My heritage is something I would not betray.

Lacroix: Well then. That's settled.

[I]Lacroix looks around once, before bursting into laughter.[/I]

Lacroix: Unique kind of place, I must say. Raistlin, how much wine do we have left?

Raistlin: I don't know.

Lacroix: Well, drinks all round then.

[I]Lacroix stands up, and slams his hand down on the table for attention. All the other patrons slowly turn and look at him, the silence being punctuated by a few snores.[/I]

Lacroix: Right then people. I have an announcement. You're all crazy. Thank you for your time.

[I]Lacroix sits down, takes up a flagon, and tosses it down. The other patrons turn back around, fully convinced that this drow has already had a little too much to drink.[/I]

Lacroix: For some reason, I feel a lot better.

Elysan: It's the wine.

Lacroix: No it's not. This is the, what now Raistlin?

[I]Raistlin manages to drag himself up and slur the word "third" before collapsing under the table. Lacroix pokes him a few times, and then leaves him.[/I]

Lacroix: Alright then. How about some civilised conversation for once.[/font][/color]

[i]Hunter snapped awake, the alcohols effect nullified. He then remembered what Raistlin had said picked him up, and woke him up. As Raistlin snapped to his senses, he found his face being smashed into a plate of apple pie.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]First of all, it's sly old WOLF. Second of all, stay outta my business. It's bad enough that Artea died, now you gotta rub it in about Elysan. I oughta... you know, I will.

[b]Raistlin:[/b]Will what?

[b]Hunter:[/b]Fling you outta the bar and into that pile of horse manure.

[i]Hunter picked Raistlin up, walked past Elysan, who had her head in her hands from what Raistlin had said, opened the door, and flung Raist into a wagon of horse manure. Lacroix lifted his head and cracked a smile.[/i]

[b]Lacroix:[/b]I should have helped.

[b]Hunter:[/b]I'm glad you didn't.

[b]Hunter:[/b]You know, Raistlin DOES owe me twenty gold pieces.

[b]Lacroix:[/b]You have an excellent memory.

[b]Hunter:[/b]I see you have no recognition of humor. Barkeep, get me some rum!

[b]Elysan:[/b]Get me some wine!

[b]Raistlin:[/b](from outside) Get me some soap!

[i]Elysan got up, picked up a brick, and flung it out the door. The brick "conveniently" collided with Raistlin's leg, and Raistlin stalked off to the inn. Hunter got another round of rum, sat, and started a civilized conversation with Lacroix.[/i]
------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:Sorry J_C. I'm just livening things up. And you're the guinea pig. Sorry, dude.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: He'll live. Perhaps.

IC:[I]As Hunter started to strike up a conversation, Lacroix was saved by Elysan jumping in and answering whatever he had said. At his happiest while in the background, observing the interplay of life and people around him, Lacroix smiled and wondered at where his life was heading. The expresion played strange on his face, so rarely seen on any of his kind, and very rarely on him at all. A strange, slight uptruning of his lips, so easily construed as melancholia. But perhaps that all happiness ever was. An enjoyable form of melancholia. Lacroix was started out of reverie by a posed question.[/I]

Hunter: So Lacroix, what do you intend to do once this is all over?

[I]Lacroix sat back and mused it over.[/I]

Lacroix: Hmm. Once this little duplicitous, undignified, farcious, debaclous travesy is all over? I really don't know. Go back to the vagabond's life I suppose. I've always been a vagrant. I'll adjust back to it fairly quickly.

Serena: You could come back here.

[I]Lacroix thought about it. A home. Some place he would not be chased out of. A place where he could claim something as his own. A home. The very word sang unfamiliar on his lips and heart. The smile widened, as Lacroix contemplated the life before him. Suddenly, the coming adventure was no longer a diverson, but something to complete.[/font][/color][/I]

OOC:Oh man! Lacroix has the hots for Serenol's MOM! Dude, you dug this rabbit hole REALLY deep!
------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Hunter:[/b]Mother, why did you not tell me?

[b]Serena:[/b]I wanted to keep you safe. You would have commited-

[i]Hunter cut Serena off.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]I would have commited my self to ALL arts of the elven races, as I have done!

OOC: I think I shall ignore that... By the way you will be sorry EFK, you will be. Also I shall be away till Thursday.

IC:

[I]Raistlin stood up, still covered in crap and hugged Hunter and not before kicking Elsyan hard in the leg. He then left to have a shower[/I]

Lacriox: I got off easy!

[I] They could hear Raistlin singing from outside, and the words of his song drifted into the bar[/I]

Raistlin: Lacriox is a dirty Drow and Drows can all go to hell! Yeah! That's right! Drows can go to hell!
Serena is a dirty Drow and Drows can go to hell! Yeah! That's right! Drows can go to hell!
Hunter is a halfcast Drow and they are even worse! Yeah! They are even worse!
Elsyan is sleeping with everyone, and she can go to hell! Yeah! You can all go to HELL!!!

[I]With that Raistlin's voice faded as he walked away from the bar, silence was cast across the bar as most of the patrons got up and left, not wanting to share the bar with the likes of them. This act suddenly put into perspective how hopeless their mission looked, let alone what they could do after.[/I]

OOC:I ain't a dirty halfcast Drow!
--------------------------------------------------------
[i]Hunter got up, grabbed a leg of lamb, and walked towards the inn, wiping crap from his shirt. Suddenly, in the middle of another round of "You can all go to Hell" Lacroix, Elysan, and Serena heard a loud, soprano yelp, and an odd crunching noise. When Hunter walked back in, he was carrying a BROKEN leg of lamb, and had a somber face. Suddenly, he whipped his head up, stared at Elysan, and glaringly spoke.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]Why does he think my name is Everyone?

[i]He suddenly cracked a smile. The whole party laughed at the jooke, even Elysan. Though they hadn't slept with each other at all, it was still a good joke. But what made them laugh even harder was the sight of Raistlin walking down the street, legs spread oddly, and his robes flowing around them. He walked with an odd gait, as though he'd been hit VERY hard in a certain place.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]They don't make legs of lamb like they used to, huh Mom?

[i]He held up the broken mutton, and again they had a good laugh. Then a CLEAN Raistlin walked in, sat down, and got drunk. Hunter left him alone this time, except for putting a good fifty gold marks in his robe.[/i]

Raistlin: You really need to learn to take a joke. When we are finished, I am going to kill you all.

[I]Hunter laughed at this threat, as did Elsyan, but Lacriox' expression didn't change. He knew Raistlin well enough to take him seriously, drunk or not. Lacriox, took another swig from his mug, and began to rise.[I]

Lacriox: I think it is time we left this place.

Raistlin: I would consider yourself lucky to make it through the door, especially you, Hunter.

[I]Once again, Hunter laughed, but he too thought it was a good idea that they continued on their travels.[/I]

Elsyan: I agree with you, Lacriox, it's time that we leave.

[I]The group got up, all except for Raistlin, who appeared to be drunk. They walked to the door, but before Hunter made it through the door way, he was struck in the back of the head with a clay mug, it shatterred over the back of his head, as he fell to the ground, unconscious. Raistlin, stood up and walked in a straight line, no stumbling at all. Lacriox continued walking and stepped on Hunter as he left, Raistlin left too, doing the same. Once they were outside, Elsyan began to wonder were Hunter had gotten to.[/I]

Elsyan: Excuse me, but where has Hunter got to?

Raistlin: *A smile breaking on his lips* I warned him, but Lacriox was the only one who took me seriously. He had the sense to duck the mug.

[i]Elsyan looked back to see Hunter lying in the doorway of the bar.[/i]

Elsyan-Oh brother.

Raistlin-Haha. He asked for it. He got every bit he deserved.

[i]Elsyan walked over to Hunter and started to shake him.[/i]

Elsyan-Hunter.....Hunter...... Wake up!

Hunter-*finally wakes up* that son of a---- *rubs his head* Wait 'til I get my hands on him. I'll KILL him!!

Elsyan-*helps him up* Maybe you shouldn't mess with him.

Hunter-Why's that? I can easily take him.

Elsyan-I think he's stronger than he wants us to know about. When he kicked me, it seemed as if his energy increased somewhat, or he kicked just a little too hard.

Hunter-Well, whatever it is, if he throws a mug or ANYTHING at me one more time, all Hell's gonna break loose.