OtakuBoards

Dream Cast

Guest Darkfire

theres some site that i can't remember the link to or else i would post it. but it has some characters that could play the z fighters. its pretty funny. I read that they want to turn it into a huge star wars like franchise. And they basic plot is the z fighters battling the saiyans. Using the dragon balls to summon the dragon. Its slated for like 2003 or 2004.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowTrunks [/i]
[B]I can't remember that actors name, the guy who played Morpheus in Matrix, he would be perfect for Piccilo.
Other than that I am stumped, I don't know who would play anyone else. Sorry. [/B][/QUOTE]
I agree, but I can't remember his name either. Man paint him green and give him some tentacales, perfection right there. :)
As for everyone else, I really can't say. But I hope they don't disgrace the Dragonball Z name, like Funi did.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MajinBuu [/i]
[B]I agree, but I can't remember his name either.[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]That would be Laurence Fishburne. And I do agree that he would make an excellent Piccolo.

And that site that has a hypothetical cast of characters is right [url=http://www.pojo.com/dragonball/whowouldplaywho.shtml]Here[/url]. I agree with most of them, but not all of them.[/color]

I too agree with most of those matches, nut some I don't think they would be able to pull off. I really hope they don't use Leonardo DiCaprio as Trunks, it would ruin the whole movie for me. *shudders*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MajinBuu [/i]
[B]I too agree with most of those matches, nut some I don't think they would be able to pull off. I really hope they don't use Leonardo DiCaprio as Trunks, it would ruin the whole movie for me. *shudders* [/B][/QUOTE]
:) Leonardo DiCaprio as Trunks. Very scary, why not have *schrates head* well, right now I can't think of anyone, but Trunks is a very hard charactor to cast. :smirk:

• 2 weeks later...
This movie would probably do well no matter what... At least in the video market for sure. They will probably use unknown actors for that reason... That and they can pay them a hell of a lot less. Arnold supposedly is being an *** about T3, because he wants $30 million to do it, and the movie is already several million over budget. Imagine getting a bunch of people like that.

As for hair... Lots of hairspray does wonders :D.

If it were me I would be using the Cell Saga team (Goku, Vegeta, Krillen, Piccolo, Trunks, Yamcha, Tien and Choazu) but its only because I had been waiting for the Cell saga an this team let me down. Frieza would be the villain (he's more of a mainstay than Cell and Majin Buu). As for the cast
Goku-Jackie Chan (he is a bit old but he is a DBZ fan, Toriyama is a Chan-fan, Chan can be serious at times, and does the comedy/action routine so well)
Gohan-Haley Joel Osmont (Sixth Sense) because I don't know any othe kid actors
Piccolo-Concensus choice, Laurence Fishburne.
Vegeta-Another consensus choice Jet Li. He does evil well and he has the age
Tien-Chow-Yun Fat. I couldn't think of anyone else
Yamcha-Robin Shou. He is younger than Chan and they may have to change roles but Shou, Chan, and Li fit in this type of movie.
Choazu or Krillen-How quickly we forget Verne Troyer (Mini-Me). He has the size and the head, just CGI out his nose and he's perfect.
Trunks-DiCaprio?(HA, HA, and HA) I would say go with a former Power Ranger and give him some acting lessons
Frieza-Someone really malicious, like John Malkovich.
Mr. Satan (Hercules for dubbies)-Screw Hulk Hogan. MAcho Man Randy Savage is dumber and more egostistical than Hogan is.
Kamesenin(sp) (Master Roshi)-JK Simmons(J. Jonah Jameson in Spider-Man the Movie)
Chi-Chi-That older chick (not the Rush Hour 2 girl Zhang Ziyi) from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Michelle Yeohw I believe.
Bulma-Not Nicole Kidman. Maybe someone better looker and ditzier. Can't think right now though.

All in all, if they do use a known cast (which is probably what's going to happen to attract the non-established DBZ fans) this is my suggestion. It's tough to decide whether to use known or unknowns because if you use knowns(especially those with dwindling careers) and this movie sucks then two careers will be ruined (DBZ and the actors) and unknowns don't have much of a career to ruin yet so they can sarifice that movie and later become big hits. Either way DBZ's reputation is screwed if this movie sucks. Remeber how bad MK was and then they had all those bad games like 3 and trilogy?

Here's what I think they should do. They should find some teeny bopper actors (which will happen anyways), and then for all the diffrent aliens (villians same thing) they should just use computer graphics (like for jar jar binks...don't get me going about him) for them. Or, they could just not make it altogether, because you know that everyone is just going to look down on it. But i'll be in line anyways just to see how bad and underrated it is.