OtakuBoards

Dream Cast

Guest Darkfire

Guest Darkfire
First, let me say Hi to everyone since this is my first post here.

Now, who would YOU pick as the cast for the new DBZ movie that Fox is putting out? Not who you think that They will pick, but the ones you would concider to be best for the parts. I apologize if something like this has already been started. :D

Here's the Characters to answer about, with my picks listed:
Bulma
Chichi
Roshi (Jacki Chan)
Ox
Bulma's Parents
Piccolo
Krillin
Yamcha
Tien
Chaotzu
Vegeta (Jet Li)
Chibi Trunks
Mirai Trunks (also Jet Li, just change the hair)
Goten
Chibi Gohan
Adult Gohan
Videl (Angelina Jolee)
Mr. Satan (Hulk Hogan)
Goku
Villains (We don't know which ones they might use or if they will make up a new one, so use your imagination.)

List for both ages on Trunks and Gohan because we don't know what time period they will use, and remember that if they have a flashback to Goku's childhood, then they'll just use the same actor as they do for Goten if he's in the story.

[color=royalblue]
I'm not sure if this has been created, but I'll put in my two cents. I personally would prefer a whole new cast, with no one we've heard of. If it's someone really popular for one person(lets say Roshi), and whoever plays Gohan sucks, it would really ruin it. I'm probably not gonna see it unless it comes on cable anyway.
[/color]

[B]Hehe, I agree with Transtic in some way... I think the actors will not suit the parts, I mean, how can you get someone to look like Vegeta hair wise? How will the SSJ stages work? But I agree with your choice for Mr Satan, Hulk Hogan... lol[/B]

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]All I know is that they'll pick some teeny bopper actor to play someone and the movie will suck. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats most likely to happen. But no matter how hard I try, I cant picture real people playing them,no one can fit the roles, it wouldn't seem right.:grumble:

[COLOR=teal]It will be very hard to pick actors/actresses to play the characters. My brother and I always talk about this. They will find a way to do it but it will most probably be substandard. It'll be too hard to do the hair styles especially. I would put up a list of actors I feel would suite the part, but that would take way too long.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sacred Warrior [/i]
[B]It will be too hard to make the SS stages work. I mean..look at SSj 3. How the hell are they going to do that? [/B][/QUOTE]

It's elementary my dear boy. They'll

a)Use computer graphics
b)use a really goofy looking wig
c)a combination of both.

On a different note, Leonardo DeCaprio(sp) would, of course, make the perfect Trunks, while Hugh Jackman (Wolverine of X-men) would make a respectable Vegeta. Lastly, I think that Pamela Anderson or whatever her last name is now, would make a perfect Bulma. Although, I think Pamela is dying from a form of hepatitis, or so I've heard.

lol, The ox king can be played by Will Smith.

Leonardo as Miria Trunks??? No thanks, no offence but I don't like him. Personally I could see Jackie making a very good Baddie, or wierd henchman who changes sides. It's a shame that Bruce Lee isn't around any more he could make a really excellent fighter and they wouldn't need to speed up the film for the fast fights, caus in Enter the Dragon they had to use slowed down film and you still can't see him move.

i agree with aries. i think that they should use unknown actors/actresses. i agree with tn also. i mean if they use a teeny bopper critics will probrably dismiss this movie as another teen flick. plus you'll get the people that only want to see the movie because matt damon or leo is in it and they have no idea what dbz is or who goku is or what dragonballs are. but on the other hand it would be good for the movie.

Krillin would be really hard to find an actor for sence for one he's got no nose and for two he's hella short and bald. and I haven't seen any actors that short. and why have Chaotzu, he really didn't do anything after the first saga, so why put him in. plus he would most likelly be played be a female sence I can't really see any man hiting his high piched voice.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ4BROLLI [/i]
[B]i agree with tn also. i mean if they use a teeny bopper critics will probrably dismiss this movie as another teen flick. [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, This movie [I]will[/I] be just another teen flick. After all, teens(or children) are the target audience and I don't really see a live action DragonBall movie winning any awards. :p

um... I guess...
Bururma/bra: Sarah michelle Gellar
Teen Goten: Ewan McGregor
Videl: er... forgot her name.. but the person that played in the movie 'she's all that'
Fat buu: paint jabba the hutt pink. (even though it's not an actor) LOL

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B]Fat buu: paint jabba the hutt pink. (even though it's not an actor) LOL[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]The moment I got done reading that pick I laughed. Then immediatly I thought: Chris Farley. He would have made a [i]great[/i] Mr. Buu. He's fat, he's childish, he's funny, but unfortunately he's dead. :([/color]

Guest GriffXL
they will combine spider-man and X-men use graphics out of this world some how.The hair will be virtually impossible.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by prestongraff [/i]
[B]maybe the movie will have a female super saiyan. I have no clue who it would be though.[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]If anyone it would be Pan. She was the only female Saiya-jin fighter in the main cast of characters. Though if they do perhaps do that, I shall spite them all. I mean, sure we would all like to see it, but it is just not how it is supposed to be. Some things are just better left up to the imaginations.[/color]