OtakuBoards

A Time Saver

Manic Webb

It takes a full year for the dragon balls to recharge. Big deal! If they wanted, the Z-Crew could make a wish every day. Think about it...

They grab the dragon ball radar and gather all of the dragon balls. Before they make a wish, they go into this little room called Spirit and Time (maybe you've heard of it) :)
They make a wish in the Room of Spirit and Time and the dragonballs scatter all around the room. They leave, come back the next day, and gather all of the dragonballs again.
But what if they get lost in the Room of Spirit and Time? Simple! Send Goku to look for the dragon balls and leave someone at the door. When Goku finds all of the balls, he can just teleport to the guy standing at the door.

Piece of cake!

Well, yes that would be a good method. But they are good wholsome people, Goku wouldn't want to cheat and make a wisk everyday, if it wasn't that important. Maybe if he had to wish some people back one-by-one it would help, but otherwords, I dunno.

even still there is a prob. the room of time and space (or what ever, the hyper bolic time chamber) is infinite and the door disappears in 2 days, so when the dragon balls were shot off again it would be in the room and no one would ever be able to find them again. and even if they found them it would take to long. unless gokou could focus on a possible energy from the balls but i dont think he could do that.

[color=indigo]Just think a moment though. Do you realize how [b]boring[/b] the series would be if they did that? Then you also have to take into play the idea that the DragonBalls might not even be able to function in the hyperbolic time chamber due to the instability of the atmoshpere. It's just like how a compass won't function properly when near a magnet.[/color]

i dont think gokou could do that.
i think he would know the direction but i dont think he could ever find them in a room that goes on for infinity. infinity makes it so the balls could have shot out into infinity and i dont think even gokou would say thats an easy task.
maybe, but i dont think. you can and thats ok.
but even with that all in mind, you can also think about the idea of relitivity and realize that once you took that balls into the chamber and used them in there, you would have to wait for a year of the chambers days to pass. and that cant be done either.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowTrunks [/i]
[B]I beg to differ, the dragon radar, can tell goku where all the balls are and he can instentaniously move (Instant Transmission) to get all of them. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

This is not true. Gokou clearly states that he must focus on a person's energy in order to preform instant tramission. He just can't point and teleport....

Guest Altron Gundam
Yeah, to use the Shunkanido, he has to know at least the direction or a picture of a place to go there. Its basically like having a map and getting to that place instantly. He needs the location to focus.

Guest GriffXL
the dragonballs do give off energy because in the frieza saga frieza's men used their scouters to find the dballs.but it would be boring, just like wishing for evil never to come to the earth or something.

That's a good point... although, the scouters and Goku's ability to sense Ki are similar, it can be argued that the Scouters (mechanical in nature) can be programmed to find any energy/Ki source, while the Earthlings ability to sense Ki may be restricted to Life Energy.

As far as using the RoS&T to accelerate the Dragonballs, I guess they could figure out a way to use that to their advantage, but if they were smart enough to figure that out, they would have been smart enough to figure out the 10,000 OTHER ways they could have used the Dragonballs to prevent the distruction of millions of human lives/earth MANY times over. I mean, c'mon... if they were smart enough, they could have just wished for, I dunno, Tien or someone they could trust (since Piccolo didn't have everyone's full trust back then) immortality. Then it wouldn't matter if Vegeta and Nappa were stronger than him, he'd win EVENTUALLY. Or at any time subsequent to that, wish Goku immortality, or wish for Cell to be destroyed, etc.

Guest Saiyangohan2002
[color=green] You all have missed one point. If the dragonballs are wished upon then put in the chamber. When you've done that more than twice, the dragonballs will dissapear, because the door dissapears. Then they can't be brought out again. They're trapped forever -_- plus. like Piro said, it would be extremely boring because they would all have infinite life or something. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowTrunks [/i]
[B]Well, I don't think she meant that she actually wanted that to happen in the series, she was just pointing out what she though was worth pointing out. :p [/B][/QUOTE]

"She"? Um, I don't know how to break this to you, but I'm what modern science classifies as "male."

Okay, making a wish outside of the room first won't work. After a wish has been made, the balls fly away and turn to stone. The dragon ball radar can't track them down while they're stone, so the wish would have to be made [i]inside[/i] of the room.
After they make a wish inside of the room, the balls will scatter around the room, but they won't disappear. I don't see how they could disappear. Just because the room of spirit and time goes on forever, that doesn't mean the balls will scatter forever. If anything, the balls should only scatter a few hundred or thousand miles away, like they usually do outside of the room.
If they make the wish right next to the door, then the balls should only scatter a few hundred miles away from the door.

[color=indigo]Ooook, obviously someone doesn't know what they're talking about. The DragonBalls spread a lot more than a few hundred miles around. They can and do scatter all around the Earth. Don't you remember when Kakarot went around the Earth to find the DragonBalls when Dende took Kami's position since he fused with Piccolo? He went all over the globe, you can tell by the different types of places he was in. So if a wish was ever made inside the hyperbolic time chamber, they could spread all over the place far beyond what a mind could comprehend. Even with the Dragon Radar, it could take them forever to find them all.[/color]

Actually, my geography is just horrible. I have no idea how large the planet Earth is. I said "hundred" out of pure guesswork.

My point is that no one knows if Earth's dragon balls scatter by a set distance, a random distance, or a distance relative to the planet they're on. An example of a "set" distance would be if the one-star ball always flies 3,000 miles away from where the wish was made. If the balls have a "set" distance, then finding them in the Room shouldn't be as hard as you make it out to be, because the balls will only scatter "X" miles away. And chances are, "X" will be slightly shorter than the circumference of the Earth. (and it doesn't take [i]that[/i] long for Goku to fly around the Earth)

However, if the distance they fly away is relative to the size of the planet, then the balls would scatter through the Room of Spirit and time forever, because it has no size. Its size is neverending.

If the balls scatter at a random distance, then there's [u]no[/u] way of knowing if my idea would work.

So unless someone knows if the balls scatter at a set, random, or relative distance, none of us can necessarily say we're right.