OtakuBoards

Which anime would look best as a live action movie?

Juu

Yeah, I heard about the one in Japan. The way they made Pilaf look is just so..so... so... stupid. The dude's supposed to be short and scrawny, but they made him actually look 'evil' in the poster thingy... Well, from what I can tell, Unless they use the androids as the 'bad guys', they're better off painting Jabba the Hutt, Pink and calling him Majin buu, rather than trying to make their own.

I think Frieza or Cell would actually look cool as the villains. As for the characters, some will be pretty easy to make look real. Yamcha, Tien, Choazu, and Krillen although I can't imagine a real man without a nose. Vegeta and Goku will be a nightmare, and Gohan won't be so bad they don't go with the hairstyle that looks like Goku's (his first hairstyle). Other than hairstyles I think it would be awesome to see the character's move for real. I just hope the story and characters are a least a little bit( ok a lot a bit)more developed.

What would make a great live movie though would be Digimon if and only if they get teh right people for everything, script,. cast, and director. They have to have Titanic's entire production crew to make it really cool. I'd be interested in doing that. I once heard Disney was going to do a live Sailor Moon movie that takes place in Beverly Hills. what's u[p with that.

Tenchi and Outlaw Star would also be great live movies.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
Jet-->Jack Nicholson ([i]Batman, Wolf[/i])
I don't know why, but Jack Nicholson comes to mind...probably because he's such an older actor.
[/color][/QUOTE]

Well JC, you get an A for effort. But Jack nicholson? I'd be sitting on the edge of my seat that whole movie waiting for jet to pull out the axe and go balistic on a door. The others work out pretty well as far as I can see, but jack nicholson?

as for the fatal fury cast, they could go far lower than leo, try keanu reeves......

keanu: I know kung foo
Alex: for the last time, no you don't....

(just had to throw that in there....:D )

[color=crimson][size=1]I think if I could be the director or something, I'd want Evangelion to be made into a live action TV series. Of course, the special effects and everything would have to be off the hook AWESOME, and I'D have to play Asuka Langley Soryu, but yes. I want to see what that would look like. Of course, I'd be scared they couldn't find anyone cute and innocent enough to play the role of Shinji...They'd have to have REALLY awesome actors for the movie and I REALLY don't like any of the Hollywood stars we have today...[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]I'm afraid to know what the live action DBZ movie will look like.......I can't even believe they're making it. The live action movie in Japan is like a DBZ horror secret, and they're gonna try and do it here? That's just funny....:D

I think the teen shoujo animes wouldn't be bad for live action. Like Kareshi Kanojo no jijo, or Marmalade Boy. They're like anime soap operas. They wouldn't be too messed up looking..... [/B][/QUOTE]
::Shudders:: DBZ live action, scary, very scary. As for Kareshi Kanojo no jijo, *shrugs* haven't seen/read it. But Marmalade Boy would make a pretty good live action movie. :babble:

[color=crimson][size=1]Marmalade Boy is too cute and stuff...it wouldn't feel right being a movie, I guess. I like it being the cute little manga series that it is.

Anything DBZ... *shudders violently*

Oh yeah, and I was going to state this earlier, as someone else did...if they EVER made a Fatal Fury movie, it would crap just like the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat ones. Fighting Games movies are bound to be cursed from the get go...[/color][/size]

It would probably flop but the best chance for live action would be them lovey-duvey anime titles. If they could turn "A Walk to Remember" into a good movie then just maybe they could succeed with love related anime titles.

I dare them to make a live action version of shounen-ai or Hentai.

• 2 weeks later...
the original macross saga from Robotech would make a good movie
City Hunter made a good transition from Anime to Live Action
Love Hina might work as live action
Gunsmith Cats would also be good
881st Airbats if you could get the Japanese Selfdefense force to assist

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Twinzam v [/i]
[B]I think akira, fist of the north star and Ninga scroll would do ok as a live action movie i have no idea about the actors [/B][/QUOTE]
Actually, there's already been a Fist of the North Star live action movie. It was based on his journey to save Yolya (sp?)