OtakuBoards

Which anime would look best as a live action movie?

Juu

I think a few anime shows have been put into movies, like dragon ball, but I heard the movie was terrible, I also saw a raunchy sort of live action sailor moon movie in japanese *shudders*. in My oppinion the words "live action" and "anime" should not be seen in the same sentence together unless proved otherwise.

Guest Lil'DeathBlade
Ummm. well..I will say pokemon will cause thats will be kool training pokemon letting levels rise...and stuff..it will be like a whole nother planet with dog..I can just see it.. WOW I like *giggles* then again most peeps hate pokemon..PLZ don't hate me because I like pokemon :)

You people are forgetting not all anime is sci-fi/fantasy or some other hard-to-make-a-movie-out-of genre.

There are so many animes that are just like regular TV shows but in anime form, like Maison ikkoku and marmalade boy, or even GTO which there [i]is[/i] a live-action show of. There are plenty of animes that could adapt into a real show easily, you're just focusing on the wrong ones.

it would depend on the anime. mecha anime would be horrible basically because, like Mist said, it would most likely end up looking like an adult Power Rangers series or something. some or most anime where ppl power up or use spirit blasts (i.e. DBZ or Yuu-Yuu Hakusho) prolly wouldn't work either, considering it prolly wouldn't look real enough. shoujo anime or manga that's very pretty and detailed (like CLAMP's or Watase Yuu's stuff) shouldn't be put in live form, because it simply wouldn't look as good. not to mention it'd be hard to find actors that look as good as the anime bishies do :tasty:. samurai anime could be put into live action, like Kenshin's Tsuiokuhen. and of course the romantic anime soap operas and whatnot could be converted into regular shows. I'm forgetting a lot of other anime, but I'm sure there's more.

it'd sure be messed up trying to make Ranma 1/2 into a live-action film...

OMG!! FATAL FURY!! Definately! Fatal fury would make a great movie!! The characters are simply a large cast of char, their lives, and participating in a fighting tournament!! That would make a great movie! The fighting is similar to mortal kombat, except with a lil less graphics... The costumes definately are easy to imitate. They have cosplay contests in japan... even they can imitate them easily!!

I dunno, maybe Yu-Gi-Oh? I don't love the show, but it would look possible to make. The only part that would take the most work would be the card battles. Everything else would be simple. Then again, there is Yugi's transformation thingy(I don't watch that much to know what it is).

But one anime I would love to see as a live action movie would be Digimon, as I am a big fan of it.

simple put: Perfect Blue, why? cuz it has no special powers, it has no things that are beyond reality, simply put its a story about a schizophrenic Pop star, with so many plot twists it almost makes ya sick, buts an easily do-able anime.

Least? DBZ by far, why? it impossible to make it look good, it just can't work, massively powerful flying guys with spikey hair, against aliens with antenas and tails and smooth shiny skin? it can't be done in real life.

tell me about it. it could be done (and has been done), but it'd really suck (and it did). I can just picture these actors wearing those stupid plastic SSJ wigs that they use in those toy commercials, screaming and hunched over like they're constipated trying to go SSJ2...

...how ridiculous...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lil'DeathBlade [/i]
[B]Ummm. well..I will say pokemon will cause thats will be kool training pokemon letting levels rise...and stuff..it will be like a whole nother planet with dog..I can just see it.. WOW I like *giggles* then again most peeps hate pokemon..PLZ don't hate me because I like pokemon :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]I think that Pokemon has been showed live before. Awhile back, they were doing something called 'Pokemon Live' at Radio City Music Hall. At least, I think so.[/COLOR]

OOOhhhh Fatal Fury.... I'm not so sure how this one would turn out. It might end up like that Street Fighter: The Movie crap starring Van Damme. I wouldn't like this one to risk suffering the same fate.

Let me guess.... Leonardo di Caprio is playing Terry Bogard?

[color=red][size=1] Well, other than Fatal Fury (Which seems to be an obvious favorite. ) I think that ( You knew I was gonna say it...) Cowboy Bebop would be good, if they could find the right actors for it. (Which I highly doubt...)[/color][/size]

[color=red]Cowboy Bebop's my pick...I even cooked up my dream cast a few months ago...check 'em out...

Spike-->Vincent Ventresca ([i]The Invisible Man[/i])
As Darien Fawkes on Sci-Fi's [i]The Invisible Man[/i], Ventresca played a cool as heck slacker with big hair who could turn invisible. Just like Spike...uh, 'cept for the whole invisibility thing.

Jet-->Jack Nicholson ([i]Batman, Wolf[/i])
I don't know why, but Jack Nicholson comes to mind...probably because he's such an older actor.

Faye-->Stacy Keebler ([i]WWE[/i])
Faye's biggest asset is her legs, IMO. And Stacy...well, you get my drift ;)

Ed-->Brittany Murphy([i]Don't Say A Word[/i])
Again, I don't know why, she just comes to mind.

Julia and Vicious are the two I can't figure out, but that's my two cents.

--JC[/color]

Honestly, I'd have to say no anime would be good as live action. But if I had to pick... I'd say Golgo 13 (which I think was already done). I'd like to see some sort of Vampire Hunter D live action movie. I don't see why they couldn't do a lot of actual special effects instead of animation for a lot of that.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Well as proven with G-Saviour and Dragon Ball the Magic begins no anime turned live action makes a good film! But if I did have to pick one it would be my all time favorite series Super Dimensional Fortress Macross! The series already had a great plot and an even better anime movie counterpart it might do well as a live action film, if they could get the actors, effects, and plot down! ;)

some one wrote before me, fist of the north star, ninja scroll and akira.
i agree. those are the best to make into live action.
also, fist of the north star has already been done.
dbz would with out a doubt be the worst...
oh crap...
oh yea cowboy bebop is a good one to do also.

I don't think Outlaw Star would be that hard. Good old computer graphics and someone cool enough to play Gene is all that it would really take. And you guys know you want to see Aisha go nuts in live action, but i dont know what actress they could possibly find thats that bipolar....or arrogant...thickheaded...well it goes on and on doesn't it?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Siffen [/i]
[B]Least? DBZ by far, why? it impossible to make it look good, it just can't work, massively powerful flying guys with spikey hair, against aliens with antenas and tails and smooth shiny skin? it can't be done in real life. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry to burst your bubble here but Fox has already picked up the rights to do a live Dragonball Z movie. They're even thinking about doing it as a trilogy*shudders*.
It's also been reported that Akira will be turned into a live action movie as well. Akira isn't so bad live. It is a great story and would do well if they have the best (BEST) filmmakers like James Cameron or Steven Speildburgh. I think Akira should be a live miniseries rather than a movie that way we can get the whole story, including Tetsuo's takeover of Neo-Tokyo.*THE BEST PART OF THE COMIC ITSELF*

Yeah, I made a thread about it but... it got closed.. aw well, anyway, I get the feeling that unless they change how goku's hair is gonna look, it's gonna look pretty stupid. The official site's letting you vote on which actor you want to play Goku. I think the choises are just pitiful. If they do use the real DBZ hairstyles, they really need to stock up on hair gel. It's probably gonna take like two gallons just to get gohan's. Vegeta? They would probably need a bathtub to do his hair.

I'm afraid to know what the live action DBZ movie will look like.......I can't even believe they're making it. The live action movie in Japan is like a DBZ horror secret, and they're gonna try and do it here? That's just funny....:D

I think the teen shoujo animes wouldn't be bad for live action. Like Kareshi Kanojo no jijo, or Marmalade Boy. They're like anime soap operas. They wouldn't be too messed up looking.....