Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Remakes


Guest firemac

Recommended Posts

Guest firemac
Posted
Has anyone heard of the FF7,8, and 9 remakes for PS2, I heard of it, I think it sounds pretty cool
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i still dont see how people can enjoy FF7 more than the rest... all the chars had the same moves... where is the class system??????? YES FF 7 is a good game... but it sucks for a FF game... there is no way to arguee that w/ me cause w/o a class system the game is pathetic[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
Granted, without a class system, battles aren't so interesting. But what I found so appealing about the game was how indepth the characters where, and the fantastic storyline of the game. I also think that It was found very appealling to old school gamers, like myself, because of the inhansed graphics, beyond anything any rpg before it had ever seen. Although, it would have been nice if there was a broader class system in battle, I beleve that the limit breaks where basically a toned down version of the classes. For instence: Cloud, Barret, & Cid had straight forward attacks, Nanaki/Red XIII had attacks & status abilitys, Yuffie had attacks & healing, Cait Sith had slots, Vincient had Transformations, and Aeris had Healing.
Guest firemac
Posted
All I had in mind is that they make it with some minor changes like graphic modifications, and maybe chnage small features, that's all I had in mind, no new game type thing.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i still dont see how people can enjoy FF7 more than the rest... all the chars had the same moves... where is the class system??????? YES FF 7 is a good game... but it sucks for a FF game... there is no way to arguee that w/ me cause w/o a class system the game is pathetic[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Remember Kuja, with Materia you can effectively make anyone any class you want...
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]EXACTLY you made my point for me... everyone can be everything that is gay... you need them to be a little less versitile... as in you have to pick the best char for your style of play not he best looking or what not... FF 7 u could make every char practicly as good as the next[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]EXACTLY you made my point for me... everyone can be everything that is gay... you need them to be a little less versitile... as in you have to pick the best char for your style of play not he best looking or what not... FF 7 u could make every char practicly as good as the next[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, that is a strong point of FFVII. Without classes, you can essentially individually customize your characters however you want. Which means that, in the end, your party is very personalized.

Having said that, the class system had its merits. But I don't think that it was a major enough inclusion to make one game better than another. FFIX's battle system was better, but FFVII's characters and plot were far superior, thus making it the generally better game.

About the remake topic...wouldn't it be cool if Square released FFVII, VIII and IX on [b]one[/b] DVD? :)
Posted
[QUOTE] Originally posted by James:
About the remake topic...wouldn't it be cool if Square released FFVII, VIII and IX on [B]one[/B] DVD? :) [/QUOTE]

Yeah that would be really cool but could it fit on 1. I mean it would be like 11 ps1 disks long.

i think Someone else also said it would be cool to see them with ps2 graphics but if you look at final fantasy chronicals all they did was redo the speech and add more cinema scenes, but the graphis improvement was so slite it was almost impossible to see.
Guest Deranged Gerbil
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I would LOVE to see sephiroth on the ps2, just imagine the graphics on him, my god would he be kawaii! tifa as well.... [/B][/QUOTE]

wait a sec, you said you think sephiroth would look cute (kawaii)? I thought you were a heterosexual, safer?
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]he is saying he would look cute on a PS2... nothing wrong w/ talking about himself!! lol...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Guest Deranged Gerbil
Posted
erm, are you sure that was what he was making it out to be like? how do you know old safer doesn't have homo/bi-sexual tendencies?
Posted
whats wrong with thinking a guy like sephiroth is cute? would that automatically class me as a homosexual? unlike most heterosexual people, I can say if a guy is good looking or not, just as I would about a girl....
Posted
[b]Muahaha! I wanna see the Omnislash on Sephiroth by Cloud in better graphics...more blood dangit! And FMV dangit! Screw the battle way...(:p Safer)[/b]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]watch your mouth--kuja[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
I believe that the remakes arn't worth it.So many people have PS and Final Fantasy VII,Who would want to go out and spend $60.00 on another one,Just with voices?It would bomb out just like Final Fantasy:The Spirits Within did.You all may go buy it,But without any smart *** comement's,Think of it my way.20,000 sales,Believe it or not,Is about as much as a barney game would get!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]Muahaha! I wanna see the Omnislash on Sephiroth by Cloud in better graphics...more blood dangit! And FMV dangit! Screw the battle way...(:p Safer)[/b]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]watch your mouth--kuja[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Okay,...sorry,...didn't think that really counted as swearing,...ah,..it'll never happen again,...believe me, Kuja..
btw,..were you called Osu_Waterpolo in v2, Kuja? [/b]
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]woooooo he quoted himself... and if i recall i was called kuja on v2 as well... but yes i was osu_waterpolo i changed my name a long time ago thou... most people forget that is me[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...