Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=darkblue]
Not only does this have [b]awesome[/b] animation, but the story in just the first episode (which is all I have seen) is great, too. And the fight scenes are amazing. Has anyone else seen this?
[/color]
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
How are you gonna buy it? It's not released in the US, and I couldn't even find the Chinese Version. I'm interested to know how you're gonna buy it, since I'd do the same if I could. ^^
Posted
[color=darkblue]
I hadn't figured that part out yet :p I was just going to search things like amazon.com...guess that's not gonna work.

Anyway, it doesn't show much yet, but Kazuma is living with his sister (or at least, I think she's his sister), and he takes jobs from someone for money. Basically to beat someone, and claim his reward. He gets into a fight with another person with powers like his, and beats him easily, but then HOLD comes along, and one of their people with the powers (forget the name of these people), and he beats Kazuma like a rag doll. That's about all so far :p
[/color]
Posted
I found the series to have great depth in its storytelling. Though the themes themselves aren't unique, overall the package it was put together extremely well.

The dramatic moments, mixed in with the fighting, blended in flawlessly to create a very polished product. I haven't been too impressed with the storywriting and implementation of it in other series, but scryed defanetly is bucking that trend.

Scryed's animation is defanetly top notch, it is very clean, and the movement is smooth throughout. The characters are all drawn with exacting detail, as are the backgrounds and effects.

The music is also very well done, the beginning theme is catchy with great music being used throughout the series for ambiance. Sound effects would be marked as very high and well thought out.

Overall, Scyred may not be your favorite anime of all time, but it should be one of the better ones.
Posted
[color=darkblue]
You've just raised it on my scale :toothy: I agree, though, the beginning theme is great, and the end isn't bad either.
[/color]
Posted
er.....i just read a review of it in "Animerica"(yeah, so what if i read animerica?:P), and the reviewers weren't very positive, but it seemed like the art was great, though the general jist was that the animation was jerky, and that the plot was week...i read the storyline, i think it sounds great! who cares what they think?:)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai_yyh [/i]
[B]er.....i just read a review of it in "Animerica"(yeah, so what if i read animerica?:P), and the reviewers weren't very positive, but it seemed like the art was great, though the general jist was that the animation was jerky, and that the plot was week...i read the storyline, i think it sounds great! who cares what they think?:) [/B][/QUOTE]

The plot is very well thought out actually, it is not totally original, but the amount of detail and accuracy put into it conserve its positive properties.

The animation seems perfectly fine. Detail is a very important factor though, as it can ruin the environment of the scene, which is why it is very crucial to get every single movement correct, to get the wind to blow in certain directions which correspond to the characters's positions, it all needs to be considered. The detail does sustain an incredible level, but it still could be better, maybe this could be improved further in future releases of Scryed.

And your right.....who does care what they think? :)
Posted
[color=darkblue]
I shouldn't be bringing this old topic back...actually, it's only been six days, but....how many episodes are actually in Scryed? 26 like most series'?
[/color]
  • 2 months later...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kinetic [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]
I shouldn't be bringing this old topic back...actually, it's only been six days, but....how many episodes are actually in Scryed? 26 like most series'?
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=firebrick]Yes, there are 26 episodes. I [b]will[/b] see all of them. I just finished the first episode and it is the best anime [b]ever[/b]. I have not branched out and became a big anime fan yet, but I am pretty sure that this series will appeal to everybody.[/size][/color]
Posted
I saw 2 episodes, and I it looks pretty good. I'd like to see more, but I just have other animes to see before that. ^-^

Oh yeah, Tokyopop licensed the Scryed manga, too, and they're gonna release it in 2003. ;) ...just thought I'd throw that in....
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1]
Awesome, I would love to read the manga. I didn't even know there was one, but that sounds good.

Oh yeah, I finished the series a few months ago, but it is still a great one in my opinion. Not the best, but a great one.
[/color][/size]
Posted
[size=1][color=firebrick]Blech! Episode 2 had [b]no[/b] action. It's ok #3 is on it's way! It isn't that I rely on action, but I can't take 30 minutes of straight talking, especially when you have to read the subtitles. :p[/size][/color]
Posted
There were some cool fight scenes in the 2 that I saw, but what really got me was the timing of the video or my crappy computer. Nothing they said matched the animation. It was all messed up, and it just bugged the crap out of me too much to continue. :p

The manga looks okay, but I think the anime would be better, since it's an action show with all those energy attacks and everything. ^-^
Posted
[size=1][color=firebrick]That guy driving around doing his super cool spin or whatever isn't action to me. :p[/size][/color]
Posted
[size=1]I've seen mostly all of it, I must say, this anime is one of my top five favorites. The storyline is the part that intrigued me the most, its so indepth. I really like indepth or confusing plots. The fighting scenes are also pretty sweet...

[b]This anime is great, bottom line.[/b]

And um, isn't it called s.CRY.eD? I'm pretty sure it is.....[/size]
Posted
just like dot hack's first season is actually called .HACK//SIGN, but most people just say Hack.


anyways I've also only seen the first ep, thats siomply because im lazy, and the one I got was off of mIRC so it was pretty long wait to get it. But yeah, Shockwaze of the Blitz' are sweet, and Kazuma's the man.
Posted
[color=darkblue]
Yeah, it's s.CRY.ed but in the eyecatch they actually word it as Scryed, so that was good enough for me. I do like Kazuma, but Ryuhou and Straight Cougar are just plain awesome.
[/color]
Posted
Yes, I have seen a bit of this. It's pretty cool. One of my favorites for sure! :) That Blitz attack rules. I love how the Alter wraps around his arm and all of a sudden. BOOM! He is running [b]really[/b] fast. :p Can't wait to see the reast of the series.

-D.S.
Posted
I just rewatched the 2 episodes I have, and now they work, so I got episode 3, and I'm hooked. :p I really don't prefer fighting shows, but this show is really great. I didn't get bored at all. I can't wait to see the rest.
  • 2 years later...
Posted
Wow, I immensely enjoyed the first episode of this series. I had expected it to be a straight-up fighting anime--and obviously it is--but it's also funny and even kind of clever. The interactions between the characters felt very natural (I loved the scene in which the blue-haired girl was teasing that poor man, haha), and I was surprised to discover that Kazuma is actually really likeable and charismatic. Somehow I had thought he would be a jerk.

Also, the animation is excellent (so far, at least). So that definitely helps. I'm totally buying s-CRY-ed the minute Bandai decides to come out with a cheap brick--assuming it can keep up this level of quality.

~Dagger~
Posted
I love the show, I couldn't imagine it getting low reviews. Sure, it does have some stereotypical points, but the show itself, plot, animation, etc, is truly amazing. It keeps a lot of its original elements, and the dub is done quite well. Fans of the original should have no fear, at least from my POV. They have good characters as well as character devlopment over the series. And for those who love fights, you'll definitely love s.CRY.eD, I did anyway.
Posted
Unfortunately I don't feel the same enthusiasm everyone else feels. The first episode wasn't all that good in my view, but sometimes the first episode isn't the one to grab me.

The animation was great and the characters meshed well, but things just didn't feel right. I wish I could elaborate better on the first episode, but I've forgotten parts of it already... :animedepr


Hopefully the next episode grabs me.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[QUOTE=Noside]Unfortunately I don't feel the same enthusiasm everyone else feels. The first episode wasn't all that good in my view, but sometimes the first episode isn't the one to grab me.

The animation was great and the characters meshed well, but things just didn't feel right. I wish I could elaborate better on the first episode, but I've forgotten parts of it already... :animedepr


Hopefully the next episode grabs me.[/QUOTE]
[color=navy]An important rule of anime that you should consider is to never judge a series by its first episode. There are a lot of animes out there that start out incredibly weak but always finishes with a bang! I think s-CRY-ed is incredible for a shounen series.

You can buy the entire boxset on Amazon.com for only $119.98[/color]. :animenose

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Link removed. Directly linking to commercial sites is against OB's Rules, although discussing them is fine. As long as people know where to look and what they're looking for, they should be okay ^_~ -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]
Posted
Heh there's a reason I said Hopefully the next Ep grabs me at the bottom of my post. I know the whole don't judge an anime by the first ep. rule, ya pounced on me too soon,Otaku America. :p After seeing ep.3 I like the anime now, The first two episodes didn't feel right, but the third one's got me in now.

The Speed Alter's quickly becoming my favorite and I'm starting to get curious about the direction this anime's going.

Understanding the concept better I like the idea, don't think this is a spoiler, these guys grab the materials around them to make the weapons they use, that's pretty cool.

Question: Anyone know why the little girl dreams the emotions Kazuma's having? If it's a spoiler don't answer,heh.
Posted
I have the first two DVDs of his series, and its pretty dang sweet. It takes some really crazy twists, and there were 2 episodes that made me go "WTF?" But I must say, I can't wait to see the rest.

EDIT: Definetly a spoiler.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...