Lady Asphyxia Posted August 2, 2002 Posted August 2, 2002 Okay well, Anade, My muse, started to nag me, and who am I to deny her? This is the product. ADDICT What I want is to live, What I'll get is to die. What I need is happiness, What I have - a lie. The needle, my arm. They go hand in hand. And they take me, soaring, To a brilliant land. Where happiness rules, and agony fades. Where day is like night, and night, day. Addiction A word we all hate to use But all I do to my body is just that; abuse. I'll fall down off the plain, And my conscience will whine So I promise myself Thats the last time. A day or two, and I can't stand the pain. So I'll go back to Ms. Heroine again. All I what is to live, All I'll get is to die. What I need is happiness What I have - a lie.
Guest ~Mystic~ Posted August 2, 2002 Posted August 2, 2002 Thats an awsome poem and Its really well written. I wish I could write like that. Its one of those things that makes you think, ya know?. Hope your muse keeps nagging you because you are a terrific and very talented writter.
Lady Asphyxia Posted August 3, 2002 Author Posted August 3, 2002 Yeah, thanks. Unfortunately, Anade will settle down for a while and leave me to write stories, so there'll probably be no more poems for a while...
Jesus Chicken Posted August 5, 2002 Posted August 5, 2002 Damn that's good. Nice and depressing... Well done
Mitch Posted August 5, 2002 Posted August 5, 2002 [color=red]Very nicely worded...it's really nice. [b]All I what is to live, All I'll get is to die. What I need is happiness What I have - a lie.[/b] this line is what really made the poem a good poem. Keep writing![/color]
Lady Asphyxia Posted August 6, 2002 Author Posted August 6, 2002 Thanks. Actually, I only wrote the poem because I had the lines "All I want etc" in my head.
jupitersun Posted August 10, 2002 Posted August 10, 2002 that a great poem i agree with anime lover those lines are the ones that made it a good poem, but withg everythign else its great^^
liamc2 Posted August 10, 2002 Posted August 10, 2002 *cries* ooo I'm so proud! Meh little baby is all grown up! lol, I know for sure I'm going to be hunted down at school on monday for that ----- But seriously now, it is marvellously well written. Mind you I'm not much of a judge on writing poetry as I've detested doing it ever since it was mandatory at primary school. .
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now