OtakuBoards

Ninja Scroll

Ryuujin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OutlawDragon [/i]
[B]In Ninja Scroll, how can an Jubei be cured with Kagero's poison? That doesn't make sense to me. I mean fighting fire with fire never worked, why should poison with poison?

:smoke: [/B][/QUOTE]
I think most poisons produce an anti-gen, so the poison that harms you can also save you in a sense.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]
I think most poisons produce an anti-gen, so the exact poison that harms you can also save you. [/B][/QUOTE]

I heard that, too. But weren't the two different, you have a mixture of poison's in Kagero and some poison that crazy old man, Dankuan made.

:smoke:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OutlawDragon [/i]
[B]But weren't the two different, you have a mixture of poison's in Kagero and some poison that crazy old man, Dankuan made.
[/B][/QUOTE]
What was I thinking, you're right, and I dub this week Navi is an *** week.

Im going to say: Most of the things that happen in the movie are physically impossible, so why not let two different poisons cancel each other out. And I think by Kagato(sp) being the 'antigen', her and Juubei can form a bond and let the story develop.

[B]
What was I thinking, you're right, and I dub this week Navi is an *** week.

Im going to say: Most of the things that happen in the movie are physically impossible, so why not let two different poisons cancel each other out. And I think by Kagato(sp) being the 'antigen', her and Juubei can form a bond and let the story develop. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't mean to come off like that.
But yeah most things in the movie are impossible so thanks for your help.

:smoke:

[B]Im going to say: Most of the things that happen in the movie are physically impossible, so why not let two different poisons cancel each other out. And I think by Kagato(sp) being the 'antigen', her and Juubei can form a bond and let the story develop. [/B][/QUOTE]

This is all so true. You have to remember that, there's a villian made out rock, and a chick that's like... some sort of snake person... The poison-poison thing just adds to the little romance fling that Jubie and Kagato have, plus.... the entire anime is unrealistic, but entertaining just the same. Nicely put, Navi.

[size=1]Sometimes.... you just have to watch, and then when the anime's over, go... "Hmmm," rather than.... "Hey, that makes no sense!" Just my two cents on the deal.[/size]

• 6 months later...
It feels refreshing to see a martial arts genre anime that isn't too farfetched in certain scenes, lol. Taking into account that it was made in 1993.

One astonishing feature you should notice straight away in Ninja Scroll are the incredible visuals, and the realistic style in which it is displayed. Although the character animation could've been vastly improved, the light and shade almost makes up for it. :)

If there is one thing that Ninja Scroll deserves credit for, it's its stamina. The premise may seem typical of its genre: one man army against all of the bad guys, but the plot actually has some depth into it, as Ninja Scroll can get somewhat confusing at times, whilst keeping enough intrigue to keep matters interesting, which is what many animes of today lack.

What really impressed me was the fact that all eight of the devils of Kimon were individually unique in their own ways, whether it is by personality or appearence. The film makers have not also let the villains appear in successive order of strength, making Ninja Scroll a well balanced movie.

Apart from the "corny" romantic subplot which stressed the whole genre of Ninja Scroll, I personally liked it in a numerous manner of ways. What did everyone else think? Further more, what are your views on the concept of the genre, the way it is laid out in this movie?

Oh, I loved Nija Scroll! I agrre with everything that you said except that romance, love, can never be corny. ;)
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sensei-San [/i]
[B]It feels refreshing to see a martial arts genre anime that isn't too farfetched in certain scenes, lol. Taking into account that it was made in 1993.

One astonishing feature you should notice straight away in Ninja Scroll are the incredible visuals, and the realistic style in which it is displayed. Although the character animation could've been vastly improved, the light and shade almost makes up for it. :)

If there is one thing that Ninja Scroll deserves credit for, it's its stamina. The premise may seem typical of its genre: one man army against all of the bad guys, but the plot actually has some depth into it, as Ninja Scroll can get somewhat confusing at times, whilst keeping enough intrigue to keep matters interesting, which is what many animes of today lack.

What really impressed me was the fact that all eight of the devils of Kimon were individually unique in their own ways, whether it is by personality or appearence. The film makers have not also let the villains appear in successive order of strength, making Ninja Scroll a well balanced movie.

Apart from the "corny" romantic subplot which stressed the whole genre of Ninja Scroll, I personally liked it in a numerous manner of ways. What did everyone else think? Further more, what are your views on the concept of the genre, the way it is laid out in this movie? [/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Uriel5 [/i]
[B]Oh, I loved Nija Scroll! I agrre with everything that you said except that romance, love, can never be corny. ;)[/B][/QUOTE]

Sure, a little bit of love in a movie is great, however, it can only help a movie, and not make one. ;)

The way it was used in Ninja Scroll didn't suit it at all. As a matter of fact, I don't see a love theme fitting in with that particular genre, seeing as it [I]almost[/I] ruined the movie. :(

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Uriel5 [/i]
[B]True, true.You sure know your Anime Sensei-San. : ) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehe, I get a lot of that. ;)

I'm a big fan of the battle scenes in Ninja Scroll, they weren't that bad, but I'd sometimes miss the old traditional Samurai Sword battle, where just cold steel's involved. Actually, Ninja Scroll did quite well in terms of this, where in all of the occasions, Joubei relied on his sword, against a different range of weapons, whether he was battling a piece of string, or a horde of snakes. There will always be some sort of momentum going on.:)

[color=red]I didn't like this anime movie as much as I thought I would. You see, I'm not really into action type animes with barely any story. I like animes that have a deep, cool story. But it was ok. Just no story really.[/color]

I know where you're coming from AnimeLover. Ninja Scroll has got a story line which may not seem too original, but back in its day it was a major hit. Mainly because there were too few animes of this genre with this particular plot.

Ninja Scroll DOES have a story, the main problem is that it is much weaker today as it was back when it was released in 1993.

Even though Ninja Scroll beholds a typical plot, it expresses it in a way that no other anime has, making it that much more newer.

I do not see what your quarrel with the love scenes in NS are, Sensei, seeing as there were few love scenes in the movie in the first place....

I personally thought that the pace in which the relationship formed between the two characters were very realistic, particularly for the time in which the movie was created....

Think about it, you have other animes where two characters see each other for the first time and instantly fall in love, which thankfully, was not the case in NS....

It is a good anime, it just could have been so much better....

• 4 months later...
[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I have come to this site for months now, mostly for information on [i]New Mobile Report Gundam Wing[/i]. Recently though, I decided to check the [I]Ninja Scroll[/I] page, and found something appalling.[/color][/font]

[quote]Release Date: Surprisingly this film was first released in 1986![/quote]

[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]1986?!

I've grown to trust theOtaku.com, since it is noticeable the effort that was put into creating such a good, clean site. However, I was confused about that specific piece of information. How was [I]Ninja Scroll[/I] released in 1986? Before I read that, I always thought it was released in the early to mid 90s.

If [I]Ninja Scroll[/I] was released in Japan in 1986, then I thought it would be the best anime ever. It would be way ahead of its time, mostly in terms of artwork and animation.

Nevertheless, I was still skeptical, so I asked in another message boards I go to for information on the matter. This was the reply I got:[/color][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zero Astral [/i]
[B]cyke, come on. remember the 80's? speed racer? a-ko? cutey honey?
it would kick *** if ninja scroll [i]was[/i] that far ahead of it's time, but my sources report that it's an early 90's release.
[url]www.rightstuf.com[/url] has it at 1993, with the u.s. release coming in 1995.
oh yeah, and they've got a spanish dub [url=https://secure.sputnik7.com/palm_e_order/item.jsp?FROMLOCATION=true]here[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]That seemed more believable. Then it hit me. I had the DVD of Ninja Scroll, so I checked the date myself, and here's what it says:[/color][/font]

1993/1995 Yoshiaki Kawajiri/Mad House/JVC/Toho Co. Ltd./Movic Inc.

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]So, did Otaku.com make a mistake, or was the movie released in 1986 on some secret format? I think it's more believable that the movie was released in 1993, considering that no anime movie or series of the 80s looks remotely as good as [i]Ninja Scroll[/i].[/color][/font]

• 3 months later...
:babble: I have to ninja anime movies. I think most of you are familiar with Ninja Scroll but I was wondering about wrath of the Ninja. Anyway I like the both of them. I a couple of ways, they are pretty similar.The way they ended were real similar(Spoiler)when the main characters lost the ones that they love. I found both of them pretty sad. I wonder what you think.

If this thread needs to be closed then feel free to close it.

Guest Super Ryaman
I didnt like wrath of the ninja that much. I did like ninja scroll.
Wrath of the ninja was to... old.
The bird monsters were pretty funny, I liked them.....(hehehehehe)

Guest Musahi
The Wrath Of The Ninja was very annoying to me. The dialogue was terrible, but almost all movies brought to America earlier were dubbed pretty bad. :P I actually turned the movie off after 20 minutes or so.

Ninja Scroll on the other hand, is truly a masterpiece. I was impressed with the realistic movement, and the incredible fight scenes. I loved the final fight, especially the way [spoiler]Jubei actually beat someone who was immortal.[/spoiler]

WOTN is what all ninja anime shouldn't be, and Ninja Scroll is a great example of what more ninja anime [i]should[/i] be.

I liked those bird monsters too. The thing I did not understand was that whole thing with Ranmaru(Probably spelled wrong) and Nobunaga. Shouldn`t Nobunaga see pass Ranmaru`s plans that made no sense to me.

Ninja Scroll, the fighting. I just loved the action in that movie. The final battle was okay but I wish that Kagero(Probably spelled wrong) was there.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Well Ninja Scroll is a pretty good anime, pretty average. As for Wrath of the Ninja, it just was really painful to watch in both it's dubbed and japanese format. The dialouge was painful to listen to and the story really progresses at a slow rate, plus the ending really left the whole movie unresolved.