Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
OI, we have to do a DUMB "mini research paper" ::blows up the Peevy:: in Anatomy on the West Nile Virus. Arg, every frickin DAY that woman talks about it....... we know it's in Georgia! We knnnoooooow not to get bitten! WELL GUESS WHAT?!! ..... I have >_< I'm gonna die y'all, I have [i]two[/i] mosquito bites...... can't stand 'em either... :grumble:
Posted
Please people. I live in New Orleans. I go up NORTH of the lake on weekends with my dad. I'm not worried about West Nile. Why? Unless you're an infant or elderly, you won't be dying anytime soon from West Nile. Those are the only cases which can actually be killed from the strain of virus. Or if you have a constricting disease such as AIDS.

Most of you here are healthy, active, and most importantly, young people. The most West Nile could do to a teenager or adult (not senior citizen) is give you something relatively likely to a bad flu.

Fun Facts: You are 5 times more likely to get struck by lightning then to contract West Nile (And those odds of getting struck by lightning are already in the billions)

You are 6 times more likely to win a lottery jackpot over 500 Million dollars then to contract West Nile

You are 4 times more likely to find an abandoned sports car on the side of the road with a sign on it saying to take the car then to contract West Nile.


Where did I get this info? A statistical chart released by LSU...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]You don't need facts, it's just common sense.

Out of the millions and millions of people in the US, under 10 have actually been killed by the virus. Under TEN. [/B][/QUOTE]


Yes, of course common sense is a mainstay of life, but some people can't rest until they know the facts. Egh. I hate people. --;;
Posted
I live in mississippi where we have really big mosquitos and i really don't see the big deal. Yes a couple people died. But people die more from accidents then this West Nile thing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...