ifm2181 Posted August 10, 2002 Posted August 10, 2002 Has anyone here ever played the RPG Legend of Mana? It's a great, yet somewhat unknown, RPG, a sequel to Secret of Mana. I love this game, and I just wanted to know if anyone else does too.
RicoTranzrig Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 [COLOR=darkblue]It was pretty good...my friends and I finished it over last, last summer...though it wasn't really like the Sercet of Mana's on SNES. But it certainly was interesting in that it featured beautiful watercolor BG's and that land creation system.[/COLOR]
ifm2181 Posted August 11, 2002 Author Posted August 11, 2002 And the tempering thing is very complicated...
Semjaza Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 It's more of a side story than a full sequel, but either way it's part of the series. I think it's one of the most gorgeous 2D games created. I rented it once at Blockbuster, and the next week it was gone. I don't know why, but it wasn't even available to rent anymore. I've been searching everywhere for it, and I still cannot find it. I need this and Suikoden 2 to complete my RPG collection :(.
ifm2181 Posted August 11, 2002 Author Posted August 11, 2002 In fact, I found this in a pawn shop, next to FFVII and some others. They'r epretty common around here in pawn shops, but not many actually have it.
Zidargh Posted September 12, 2002 Posted September 12, 2002 [SIZE=1]To be honest, I detested it. It has no storyline at all, just side quests which I couldnt really understand. Graphics and battle great, but just the story let me down quite alot. Definetley not Square's best, I bought it, sold it and got Xenogears.[/SIZE]
GinnyLyn Posted September 16, 2002 Posted September 16, 2002 Sokay for a game...I guess. I never liked Secret of Mana, but Legend of Mana (um which is which?...I like the PS one better) is okay. The whole thing seemed rather easy...get an item, plant it, alter the land...whee. Carrying those little pets around was ok, too, but they didn't seem to serve terribly much purpose...they always keeled over at the beginning of battle for me. >_<; And then when I got stuck during the "twins" bit--one was sick, and you had to find something to help him...well, apparentally, I planted a land wrong or something, because I never found what he needed. Just gave up after that. My bro beat it--I think...don't recall if there's a main boss or anything...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now